Intergalactic mining

Starstruck

Dec 11, 2015
I know that, but in the long run it's possibly easier. After all you'd use the beanstalk to take raw material down and processed goods upwards. You can get all the fuel you need in space.

Orbital elevators don't necessarily need to use fuel, presuming the cables can support the carts' weight, gravity would/could do most the work.

K

Krynh

Orbital elevators don't necessarily need to use fuel, presuming the cables can support the carts' weight, gravity would/could do most the work.

Oh they don't use fuel at all. The pods going down create the energy needed to send pods upwards. I'm just saying that a better use is to send raw materials down the beanstalk rather than upwards. Planetary mining for anything after Iron is highly in-efficent. 

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
If you can seduce your mother, you can seduce anyone. Pretty sure that was the moral of Oedipus.

I thought the moral was "Never ever ever ever ever speak to an oracle, for whatever they say you'll misinterpret so hard, and get a self-fulfilling prophecy that will fuck you over"