Indie Titles in Development that you are looking forward to (Apologies for Necro)

PalletTown

Sep 10, 2015
  • Starfarer
  • Am2r
  • Chasm
  • Stonehearth
  • Shantae Half-Genie Hero
  • Paradise Lost: First Contact
  • Hive Jump
  • Hard West
  • That Which Sleeps
  • Cosmic Star Herione

Darkwarpalg6

Aug 28, 2015
Starbound of course, too many hours spent playing Terraria to not look forward to another exploration-builder.

Dragon: the Game. This one's a weird one, being a sucker for dragons and having played Panzar Dragoon, I was looking forward to an open world game where you can play as a dragon, customize yourself into any kind of dragon you want to be, and go terrorize or befriend humans. The development to this game is bit slow though, so I can only hope it doesn't get scrapped.

Warhammer 40k - Eternal Crusade. A game in development that is a sort of mix between Planetside and Space Marine. I'm hoping it gets off the ground eventually, so that I might slay some Mon'keigh scum.

Taboo-Sho

Sep 9, 2015
Stardew valley, its gonna be like Rune Factory but in a modern setting, oh and same gender marriages, something the HM and RF games keep missing (Minus RF4 through a simple model swap built into the game)

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
Stardew valley, its gonna be like Rune Factory but in a modern setting, oh and same gender marriages, something the HM and RF games keep missing (Minus RF4 through a simple model swap built into the game)

I loved RF4(Xiao Pai #1), so this has my attention. I did a once over on the main site, but it was mostly farming focused. How does the exploration/combat side of things fare?

Taboo-Sho

Sep 9, 2015
Not sure yet, I recall seeing a preview video on their Steam Greenlight page. It seems like its gonna be more akin to a Zelda style combat. but I cant really say yet.

Also Dolce for life.

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
Zelda style huh. Here's hoping for multiple combat options, whether different weapons or magic. Oh! Another thread had me try Terraria for my first time, so I'm also looking forward to the update on that.(it's indie right?)

(I wish there was a Venti route, but it never happened... So much hinting at it too)

Taboo-Sho

Sep 9, 2015
Zelda style huh. Here's hoping for multiple combat options, whether different weapons or magic. Oh! Another thread had me try Terraria for my first time, so I'm also looking forward to the update on that.(it's indie right?)

(I wish there was a Venti route, but it never happened... So much hinting at it too)

Well like I said not to sure. And I don't know about Terraria. Though I play it and have a lot of fun. 

PalletTown

Sep 10, 2015
Apologies for the Horrible Necro, but I thought I would give my opinion on these games now that most of them came out as a bit of a reflection exercise.

• Starfarer // Now called StarSector. Still under development. Really good though.
  • Am2r // Came out. Shut down by Nintendo. One of the best Metroid games out there.
  • Chasm // Much worse than the demo. Proof that procedural generation is the enemy of backtracking.
  • Stonehearth // It finally came out after the dev team ruined the reputation. Didn't even care to buy it.
  • Shantae Half-Genie Hero // Good, but they kept re-releasing the same game over and over again with each dlc.
  • Paradise Lost: First Contact // Dev team keeps tweaking with the pixel art. Still not out. 99% certain that in will never come out.
  • Hive Jump // Really really boring. Got a steam refund.
  • Hard West // Really really annoying. Wish I got a steam refund.
  • That Which Sleeps // Defunct, but that was probably to be expected as the money raised was a pittance compared to the ambition.
  • Cosmic Star Herione // Bought it. Haven't yet played it. Supposedly reviewed well.

Traget

Jul 3, 2022
Thank you for the quick reviews. Shame so many weren't as good as they looked, but it's always a gamble, isn't it?

HeroicSpirit

Aug 22, 2019
Here are some games which might be of interest:

-Signalis: Survival Horror game where you play an android girl
-Tunic: A Zelda-like game where you play as a cute fox with a sword
-Crosscode: RPG set in a high-tech MMO world

Let me know what you think!

Reactions: PalletTown

HeroicSpirit

Aug 22, 2019
A pair of indie RPGs I’ve seen online:

-Super Lesbian Animal RPG: What it says on the tin-A RPG where you play as lesbian furries in a fantasy world. While it fairly standard gameplay-wise, it looks cute and colorful, as well as has nice art. Despite the title, there’s nothing lewd in it, which may be a disappointment if you were looking for that. Still, it seems pretty cute! A demo can be found here, with the full game here.

-Get In the Car, Loser!: Made by one of the creators of Ladykiller in a Bind, this game is essentially about a group of misfits on a road trip to stop the villain before he can get out. Similar to the above, it is very gay and features visual novel dating sim elements. It also is linear, not having any side content and focusing on the main story, which might either make or break it for you. It can be found here.

HeroicSpirit

Aug 22, 2019
Also, for early access, I found a furry game called Tropical Hearts, which is another RPG. The art is pretty good looking and the characters are good looking, so on that front it seems alright. It seems like a fairly causal experience with some pretty visuals and nice beach vibes, not being too serious one way or the other.

PalletTown

Sep 10, 2015
@PalletTown do any of these interest you? Or are they not the sort of games you have interest in?
Sorry for not responding. I generally look for slightly different sort of fare in my indie entertainment, but I am always open to new ideas and suggestions that I haven't considered before.

Btw. Pizza Tower Released and so far it is really good.