In your opinion what is the best outcome for kinu/best version of herself?

FrostLed

Aug 24, 2020
Such is the nature of Idea Guys.

Is this a challenge?
Because I am more than willing to write stuff out if you want me to.
Just tell me what you need, I’ll write out a draft and you can tell me if it’s good.
Sadly coding goes over my head whenever I try to learn it, but I have confidence in my writing skills at least.

After all, I may be an ideas girl, but I like helping where I can to get the idea into reality

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Is this a challenge?
Just tell me what you need, I’ll write out a draft and you can tell me if it’s good.
Sadly coding goes over my head whenever I try to learn it, but I have confidence in my writing skills at least.

After all, I may be an ideas girl, but I like helping where I can to get the idea into reality
If you don't want a romantic relationship with the character she's stuck in there, or just don't pick up the amulet at all.

FrostLed

Aug 24, 2020
If you don't want a romantic relationship with the character she's stuck in there, or just don't pick up the amulet at all.

I would do that, but now that I know Kiyoko is in the amulet I wouldn’t be able to not pick it up without feeling horribly guilty.
Which means I’m stuck in a very hard place.
Again, my offer stands. I’m willing to help. Just let me know if you want it.

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
Is this a challenge?

Let's push aside for a moment several conceptual issues like how Kiyoko is meant to be exclusive to the PC, or the archetype of the Yamato Nadeshiko and the corresponding role the PC is expected to play, or the entire theme behind these characters and their relationships to the player character which form the entire crux of the storyline and would be immensely devalued by being watered-down or removed, or the target audience which the character is tailored for, which unfortunately, does not appear to include you. Let's assume I ignored all of these and allowed you to do this and change my artistic vision for the characters, which by the way, I am most certainly am not.

Not all content in this game is for everyone. For example, some people find Arona and her disregard for others, plus her blithe acceptance of casual violence and slavery, disgusting. They have the option to simply not engage with Arona, or simply back out when Argoth reveals Benny and leave her to her own fate, with a couple sentences denoting what happens as opposed to actually engaging with her and the Kervus.

The fact that, by your own admission, you do not understand the scope of what you're asking to have done -- "Just tell me what you need" -- grates in the same vein as, say, people asking to have Arona's cock removed, or the peanut gallery from certain parts of the internet saying "just have a toggle to remove futa and furry content, it's so simple, why don't you do it already, we hate futas and furries".

You are asking me to, amongst other things:
-Fundamentally rewrite all relationships the PC has with Kiyoko.
-Fundamentally rewrite all relationships the PC has with Kinu.
-Write an entire alternate path which is as deep and meaningful as the one that has been set out, to be a worthwhile alternative to the current one.
-Rewrite a slew of sex scenes and/or create new ones.
-Rework every single talk topic every single kitsune has about Kiyoko and Kinu, and their relationship to the champion.
-Add up to double my work as I unfurl the storyline in future progression.

This is not a matter of hundreds of hours of work, it is a matter of thousands of hours of work, both now and in the future, in keeping with the complex web of narratives that is being woven here in my little fiefdom as a whole. Let me reiterate: you are asking me to do thousands of hours of work.

To which I say: nah. And no, I'm not going to entrust such an undertaking to someone who just popped out of the woodwork, even if I were to allow it, which once again, I'm not.

I'm sorry that the content is not for you and that you do not feel that the compromises available in the narrative are sufficient, but this is what invariably happens when you have a big tent game that mass markets itself -- certain fetishes and narratives are not going to appeal to everyone and may make some people uncomfortable, especially in something as polarising as sexual likes and dislikes.

FrostLed

Aug 24, 2020
Let's push aside for a moment several conceptual issues like how Kiyoko is meant to be exclusive to the PC, or the archetype of the Yamato Nadeshiko and the corresponding role the PC is expected to play, or the entire theme behind these characters and their relationships to the player character which form the entire crux of the storyline and would be immensely devalued by being watered-down or removed, or the target audience which the character is tailored for, which unfortunately, does not appear to include you. Let's assume I ignored all of these and allowed you to do this and change my artistic vision for the characters, which by the way, I am most certainly am not.

Not all content in this game is for everyone. For example, some people find Arona and her disregard for others, plus her blithe acceptance of casual violence and slavery, disgusting. They have the option to simply not engage with Arona, or simply back out when Argoth reveals Benny and leave her to her own fate, with a couple sentences denoting what happens as opposed to actually engaging with her and the Kervus.

The fact that, by your own admission, you do not understand the scope of what you're asking to have done -- "Just tell me what you need" -- grates in the same vein as, say, people asking to have Arona's cock removed, or the peanut gallery from certain parts of the internet saying "just have a toggle to remove futa and furry content, it's so simple, why don't you do it already, we hate futas and furries".

You are asking me to, amongst other things:
-Fundamentally rewrite all relationships the PC has with Kiyoko.
-Fundamentally rewrite all relationships the PC has with Kinu.
-Write an entire alternate path which is as deep and meaningful as the one that has been set out, to be a worthwhile alternative to the current one.
-Rewrite a slew of sex scenes and/or create new ones.
-Rework every single talk topic every single kitsune has about Kiyoko and Kinu, and their relationship to the champion.
-Add up to double my work as I unfurl the storyline in future progression.

This is not a matter of hundreds of hours of work, it is a matter of thousands of hours of work, both now and in the future, in keeping with the complex web of narratives that is being woven here in my little fiefdom as a whole. Let me reiterate: you are asking me to do thousands of hours of work.

To which I say: nah. And no, I'm not going to entrust such an undertaking to someone who just popped out of the woodwork, even if I were to allow it, which once again, I'm not.

I'm sorry that the content is not for you and that you do not feel that the compromises available in the narrative are sufficient, but this is what invariably happens when you have a big tent game that mass markets itself -- certain fetishes and narratives are not going to appeal to everyone and may make some people uncomfortable, especially in something as polarising as sexual likes and dislikes.

Okay, that does make sense, I didn’t realize that much work went into it, and I’m sorry if I offended you. I thank you for the explanation.

I understand that some stuff in the game might not appeal to me, I have encountered that stuff and avoided those things.

I completely understand what you are saying about not wanting to entrust your character to someone else.

But you could have explained this to me first, instead of replying to a comment saying “They ask for so much, and give so little” with “Such is the nature of idea guys”

I don’t know if you are having a bad day, or you are just tired of hearing people talk about this, but the way you approached this was not okay.

I’m sorry for any offense I caused with my lack of information on this subject, and I hope your day gets better.

Mad Dog

Jun 1, 2018
Okay, that does make sense, I didn’t realize that much work went into it, and I’m sorry if I offended you. I thank you for the explanation.

I understand that some stuff in the game might not appeal to me, I have encountered that stuff and avoided those things.

I completely understand what you are saying about not wanting to entrust your character to someone else.

But you could have explained this to me first, instead of replying to a comment saying “They ask for so much, and give so little” with “Such is the nature of idea guys”

I don’t know if you are having a bad day, or you are just tired of hearing people talk about this, but the way you approached this was not okay.

I’m sorry for any offense I caused with my lack of information on this subject, and I hope your day gets better.
From your response you probably don't know. But I've seen Tobs write comments like this maybe half a dozen times. Dude gets asked questions like this a lot.

Omega2178

Aug 2, 2020
Yeah. I understand where the others are coming from but unfortunately we cannot have everything and that is a shit load of work. Personally i like Kohaku A hella lot more than than Kiyoko but i want Kinu. Now i understand wanting to rp your characters a certain way, hell i do it myself but sadly we can’t have everything and must live with what we have. A different route to get Kinu and not fuck Kiyoko would be nice but fuck man that’s way to much work just for what accounts for a side route at best (at least for now. Could change.)

i would prefer work on the main game side content and such. And if i have to fuck Kiyoko for Kinu? Well I don’t exactly like the feeling of being a scumbag but eh, I’ll have to live with it. Unless I’m a evil bastard. If i am i shall fucking revel in my assholness

Last edited:

Violyn

Jan 3, 2017
you are just tired of hearing people talk about this
I basically started on this forum just a couple of months ago (i have been here previously but have no memory of it honestly), and back then, i didn't wholly agree with some of the responses of the creators to the people in the forum too, but just like me, if you stay long enough, it'll become really easy to understand, and to side with them as well when they do a snarky response or are rude if someone is rude about the game, i find it kind of funny now actually ^^

People that act entitled, demanding, or just downright annoying are not few in number (pretty sure i did something along those lines at one point too), it can get pretty tiring, being a creator, dev, coder, or all of the above, and constantly hear things like, "do this!", "do that!", "i can do your job if you want", "omg why isn't this in the game this is so bad!", it can be extremely draining. The job they do is really hard, it takes an extreme amount of work, experience, and teamwork to do what they do, and as of right now, they're doing a damn good job at it too. I remember when i played the very first patch of this game, and it makes me so happy to see how far they've come already. It's easily the best reading game i've ever played.

Now, i don't mean to say that you were a part of the people who meant to be hurtful, or that said something not nice, but what you said unfortunately did not have the intended effect. I do believe it was meant to be helpful at first, but i hope you can understand, and please don't take it to heart.

As a matter of fact, i think you might like these threads, https://forum.fenoxo.com/threads/what-content-would-you-like-added.13015/ , https://forum.fenoxo.com/threads/your-gripes-with-coc-ii.19814/ , the first is a place where you can voice things you wish were added, and the second is a place where you can voice things you dislike so far about the game, within reason hopefully.

As a last note, and this is for anyone that comes to read this thread, even though it is now a powerful revenant who must be put down, most of the people who create, code, and basically develop this game, don't make this there main source of income, making it a side job more or less, which makes it so producing content, coding, developing, etc, is even harder to do (the staff of the game itself accounts of 8 people correct me if i'm wrong), so not only is the game not finished, the game won't be made in an astonishing speed, the developers want the game to continue being good, and for that, it takes time.