[In Game] Tyvara Rosenvond

redknight

Sep 24, 2016
Alright, so straight up I'll admit it. Thyvara is my first project on here, and hopefully not the last. Based on my race the Matisar she's a hunter living on Mhen'ga with a few family issues and a love for good old tales of adventure. Not a lot else to say, so... here's the link to what I've got as yet:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1n_f0pAYgAqGCrT5cz_pgwhcVdAM2j2B7HcX_P2SO8Go/edit?usp=sharing

Reactions: Jongeedubs

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
Read it, and found it an overall well written NPC, my only issue is that I'm having trouble visualizing what the heck a Matisar looks like.

Thebiologist

Jun 24, 2017
Read it, and found it an overall well written NPC, my only issue is that I'm having trouble visualizing what the heck a Matisar looks like.

They sound kinda insectile. Arms and legs covered in chitin, with forearm spikes and claws on their arms. The belly and the back are also covered in chitin, as well as the back of the neck and the cheeks. They have abdomens housing their genitals and they lay eggs. They have fans on their back, which I'm guessing it's something similar to what the fairy fly has.

Fairy-fly-image-640px.jpg

redknight

Sep 24, 2016
The inspiration for the matisar was the good old mantis, the fans in particular were inspired by the wings:
orchid-mantis-wings-wallpaper-4.jpg

Also, thanks for saying that she's, so far, well written. I never really thought too much when everyone was complaining about how hard the sex scene's were, now that I've started trying to write them, I realise my folly.

Thebiologist

Jun 24, 2017
The inspiration for the matisar was the good old mantis, the fans in particular were inspired by the wings:
orchid-mantis-wings-wallpaper-4.jpg

Also, thanks for saying that she's, so far, well written. I never really thought too much when everyone was complaining about how hard the sex scene's were, now that I've started trying to write them, I realise my folly.

Yeah, I guess they look like those paper fans.

F3BN2CTHWXKEP66.MEDIUM.jpg

Those are the hindwings, they don't have any special name I think. Unlike the forewings which are called tegmina, hemelytra or elytra when they are hardened wings. It depends on the order, hemelytra is for hemiptera, elytra for coleoptera and tegmina for the rest, mantises have tegmina.

redknight

Sep 24, 2016
I've never known the proper names for the various insect wing types. Thanks for the little bit of info.