Importing save data from one device to another?

coolnametagg

Mar 15, 2021
I have been playing COC2 on a notebook ever since i started the game, but, recently i fotos a tablet and wanted to start playing there.

Is there anyway that i can get my save data from the notebook to the tablet or is starting a new game the only option?

coolnametagg

Mar 15, 2021
Save to file, move the generated savegame over, load from file.
Can you give a more detailed explanation? Not that your explanation wasnt good or anything, it's just that i'm a dumbass that can sometimes screw up even basic stuff if i am not given VERY CLEAR instructions and i really dont want to accidentaly do something wrong.

T

tech support steve

Second row on the right of the save screen allows you to save to a file. Go to the location where the game tells you the file was saved to and either upload it to a cloud service of your choice and download to your new device or just transfer via usb.
On your new device click load from file and locate your save file.

Reactions: Paradox01

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Go into the Data menu and you'll see a pair of buttons grouped under 'To File'. This creates a separate save file with the extension *.coc2. Take that file and transfer it to some folder on your new device. When you start the game, pick the Load option from the 'To File' buttons, find the save and you can load it up.

Upcast Drake

May 27, 2017
Southeast USA
Alternatively, if you are a backer, you can create a cloud save on the notebook on the browser version of the game. Then you can load the cloud save from the browser version on the tablet. Once you've loaded the cloud save, you can re-save it locally (if you want to continue playing in the browser) or save it to file (if you are playing the download apk version).

This basically just bypasses you having to use a 3rd party cloud storage solution like google drive or dropbox, with the bonus of integrating into the browser version of the game.

Reactions: coolnametagg