[Implemented] New Item, Hardlight Taur Suit

Apr 15, 2023
Hello hello, may I interest those of you who enjoy being a taur but don't feel like doing so permanently?
I'm proposing a new item, a hardlight taur suit that you can take on and off at will with no adverse effects.
You'll find it in the smoking remains of a mad scientist's lab on Tarkus, as a one-time event.
This is only my second submission, and my first item submission, so again I am very open to feedback and editing.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xmHe5VEQsDKOWbn0evpsQvdq0OMqnyeFMkQkUPi9loo/edit?usp=sharing

• Wow
Reactions: Emerald

Bobonga

Aug 13, 2021
I really like this idea. What I always disliked about being a taur is that a lot of scenes don't have a taur variant and treat you as bi-pedal. This is quite emersion-breaking, but no shade on all the writers. Accounting for non-bipedal body shapes would be a lot of extra work and quite tedious, if taurs or nagas aren't your thing. With that suit, I could roleplay that I just turn off the hardlight part during unsupported scenes.

Apr 15, 2023
this is quite interesting. will there be appearance descriptors in the codex?
As in, will it affect your appearance screen? If so yes, the idea is that you'd effectively turn into a Leithan and so anyone looking at you (even you looking at yourself) would see someone with a Leithan lower body.

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
Hey I just realized.... maybe the code for this item could be reworked into letting you hot swap between entire bodies?

After all it's the same principle, just on a larger scale.

Someone poke the code dragon about this we may be onto something great here...

ShifterDreams

Sep 18, 2015
Congrats on it getting in
but I'm curious any plans for alternative versions of it or a upgrade for it to change shape Like a horse or deer version or even a version for Nagas? Or perhaps a drider version as well?

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2023
Hey I just realized.... maybe the code for this item could be reworked into letting you hot swap between entire bodies?

After all it's the same principle, just on a larger scale.

Someone poke the code dragon about this we may be onto something great here...
I feel like that would be... way more complicated to implement, and at that point the devs would probably just tell you to make a new save instead.

Apr 15, 2023
Congrats on it getting in
but I'm curious any plans for alternative versions of it or a upgrade for it to change shape Like a horse or deer version or even a version for Nagas? Or perhaps a drider version as well?
Thanks!
I did already submit a naga version, as for upgrading it into a different taur shape... I suppose that's possible, but frankly I'm not sure about writing that when it's meant to just be an accessory to let you access taur content. As for a drider version, I didn't even know you could be a drider? And not sure there's enough content that requires it to justify another suit.
Though I guess anyone could use the template I made to make their own suits if they want.