[Implemented] New Gryvain Techie Scenes

TheIrishOtaku

Nov 14, 2021
Ireland, dating OmegaUmbra
Hello there, I've been working on a both a new victory and a new loss scene for the Gryvain Techie on F.I.R.S. T-14! I have both scenes fully written up, although obviously it is a first draft and is subject to change based on feedback! This is my first time writing for the game and any constructive critiques and suggestions, especially with regards to the parser system, would be greatly appreciated!

TheIrishOtaku

Nov 14, 2021
The scenes have been submitted for review! Thank you to everyone who helped with edits, it was very helpful and is very much appreciated! Lets hope that it gets accepted but even if it doesn't I still had a blast writing it and feel like I learned a lot while doing so!

TheIrishOtaku

Nov 14, 2021
I'm delighted and proud to report that the scenes were accepted and have been implemented in the most recent patch! Thank you so much to everyone who provided edits, critique and feedback, it was very helpful and very much appreciated it and I hope you enjoy reading the content as much as I enjoyed writing it!

Skunkupine

Jun 17, 2023
There may be a small issue with the case where Steele has no external testicles:

Your {//if balls: [pc.balls]}{//else: [pc.thighs]} begin to slap against her chin, the slight pain providing a perfect counterpoint to the sheer satisfaction that you are currently experiencing.

The mild discomfort is more than worth it, knowing full well how good they’ll feel when they're finally emptied of their precious cargo.
If Steele has internal testes, this would have Steele thinking how great his thighs will feel when they are emptied.

TheIrishOtaku

Nov 14, 2021
There may be a small issue with the case where Steele has no external testicles:

If Steele has internal testes, this would have Steele thinking how great his thighs will feel when they are emptied.
Damn that's true, those parser edits were added by Adjatha and I didn't think to go back through what I had written so far to see if it caused issues. Initially the scene just mentioned the balls.

Skunkupine

Jun 17, 2023
Being a big fan of tools, were this my project, I'd create a tool to read a proposed text with the formal mark-up for parsers, and provide the user the ability to change the underlying game state variables used by the parser to see what effect it has on the text - ideally something with a side-by-side display of the source text and the parsed text. Then an author could write their text, and say "OK, let's try Herm Steele. Now Male Steele. Now Female Steele. Add a dick. Add another. Make that a horsedong." etc. and see what effect the state has on the parser.
Better still, an editor with the ability to insert the valid parser tags, so the authors could generate near-net text without tying up programmer resources. There might always have to be final tweaks, but the less that needs to happen, the faster text could be added. It would take some work up front, but it would be a great example of "technical investment" (as opposed to "technical debt").

Reactions: valkyr42

TheIrishOtaku

Nov 14, 2021
Being a big fan of tools, were this my project, I'd create a tool to read a proposed text with the formal mark-up for parsers, and provide the user the ability to change the underlying game state variables used by the parser to see what effect it has on the text - ideally something with a side-by-side display of the source text and the parsed text. Then an author could write their text, and say "OK, let's try Herm Steele. Now Male Steele. Now Female Steele. Add a dick. Add another. Make that a horsedong." etc. and see what effect the state has on the parser.
Better still, an editor with the ability to insert the valid parser tags, so the authors could generate near-net text without tying up programmer resources. There might always have to be final tweaks, but the less that needs to happen, the faster text could be added. It would take some work up front, but it would be a great example of "technical investment" (as opposed to "technical debt").
Either would be very useful.