Icon Sharing Thread

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Crop it to only include what you want, then if necessary reduce the size until it fits the 500kb limit. Like so:

lewd00 (crop).png

valkyr42

Mar 4, 2016
It's Cold Here, Midwestern US
the same ai model; thank you for pointing me towards it! if there are any real artists interested in drawing a similar icon using the ai crap as a ref, please hmu

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    205.9 KB · Views: 6

Ireyon

May 14, 2018
I am not fan of using ai models, or promoting them in these threads.
This is not an airport, no reason to announce your departure or arrival. Feel free to actually contribute something yourself, that's what the thread is intended for.

Also it's still the best way for people with zero drawing skills to try and make icons for the game.

(Off-topic: I still find it hilarious that the artistic community calls photography art but condemns AI. I guess art at the push of a button only counts if the button is attached to a piece of technology with a lens.)

Back on topic: In anticipation of the soon-ish release of the dragon transformative I made a few dragon icons in various colors. (If you want to play a game, guess which of the first five was drawn by a human. First to guess it right gets a pat on the head from me.)

dragon_male_01.pngdragon_male_02.pngdragon_male_03.pngdragon_male_04.pngdragon_male_05.pngdragon_male_06.png

Reactions: Kesil and MyOldName

Karakara

Feb 15, 2024
In a game that prouds itself on artistic merit/intent from its writers and artists, to use and promote things that are directly at odds with their interests and jobs seems like a such a spit in the face.

And do not use photography argument -- they are completely different. One uses almagenation of data scooped up from painstaiking work of the creators without their consent. Other is a tool/artform that still requires intent and artistic knowhow, while also not relying on theft.

Besides, you could easily find what you are looking for by just searching and looking for artists. While also having ability to support them indirectly by spreading their name. You are just supporting thives this way.

Last edited:

Ireyon

May 14, 2018
And do not use photography argument -- they are completely different. One uses almagenation of data scooped of from painstaiking work of the creators without their consent. Other is a tool/artform that still requires intent and artistic knowhow, while also not relying on theft.
Bullshit. I can take a photo in a second with a literal buttonpress.

But go on. Tell me how to measure artistry. Don't say professional photographs are prettier, because art doesn't need to be pretty. Or that they're atmospheric, because art doesn't need that either. Or that drawing art requires skill, because the post modern smear-on-a-canvas style of artistry demonstrates those aren't needed either. Also, art does not require intent, if it did accidental art would not be art.

Last but not least: If art required artistic knowhow then art critics should be able to distinguish between the works of an artist and a monkey.

(TL;DR: The definition of art has been stretched to the point where everything can now be art. It's too late to gatekeep.)

You are just supporting thives this way.
Just as a sidenote: Your argument of supporting someone by "indirectly by spreading their name" is also theft because using these pictures but not paying anything to the copyright holder or even asking means you're stealing their work. This has the same energy as "Pay them in exposure!"

So. Do you actually want to share some icons or are you only interested in whining and further derailing the thread? You can start an art discussion thread. I'd love to have a look. Please present your definition of art there so I may tear it apart, using the opinions of people with a doctorate in the subject (or commercial success in art, whatever applies).

Last edited:

Karakara

Feb 15, 2024
Everything that anyone creates is art. That does not equate to "everything created is same in terms of artistic quality". And if you are really going back to the same worn out argument as to what people consider and do not consider art, lets ignore it since that also ignores one simple fact -- you are still using theft machines. You are still using products that resell others hard work.

And while of course every artist would like to be paid for what they create, the reality is that people pirate and share, often withouth credit -- CoC2 developers are certainly privy to that fact. So at least what we can do is when reposting someones piece, pirating their movie or game is to credit them. At least that way, if you like it, you are incentivized to seek out more of it by going to that artist/companies socials, store page and so on. Ai art, built on the back bone of those same artists, completely sidetracks that step, removes any incentive to go that specific artist whose art, more then likely, was used as a sample that then directly competes with them. The only one you are supporting then is the greedy monopolies that are formed aroudn those Ai companies.

Loveless

May 29, 2022
Well ignoring the ethics of AI art for a moment, I actually find the chimp's drawings really cool. If it was possible to have an intricate conversation with an ape, I would have liked to hear what it's thought process was as it painted.

AI models now are simply not that smart, otherwise it would not fall for something as simple as Nightshade. AI cannot innovate or improve on a subject, it can only churn the mass it is fed into ground beef slop.

Ireyon

May 14, 2018
So at least what we can do is when reposting someones piece, pirating their movie or game is to credit them.
Oh that's just precious. "I aknowledge you own this while I steal it, thanks a bunch!"

I can't tell if you're serious of if your conscience is just really easily placated.

you are still using theft machines. You are still using products that resell others hard work.

You know that ignorance on how technology works is not an argument, right? Hopefully this year the question you appear to be so sure of will work its way up the legal chain.

Reactions: MyOldName

Holigan

May 22, 2019
Hi does anyone have some marefolk portraits preferably androginous so I can use them for male/female champs? Thanks in advance.

Ireyon

May 14, 2018
Hi does anyone have some marefolk portraits preferably androginous so I can use them for male/female champs? Thanks in advance.
I only have one because I rarely, if ever, use that transformation but you're free to use it.

marefolk_male_01.png