I want to talk about this new built I've been working on.

Everblight

Sep 8, 2022
So I've been working on a new build and I want to talk about it. I welcome thoughts, opinions, and suggestions on it. Also if you got anything similar feel free to tell me about it.

This mostly started with wanting to have a team with both Brienne and Atugia on it because "cuddle slut". However I would also want to not die all the time in combat. I've done some light testing and this is what I got so far.

Pyromancer Brienne filling a DPS role on the team
Atugia filling main tank with light support and a little DPS
Champion filling a DPS healer role

Starting race: Lupine +1 Strength
Background: Soldier +1 Strength
Class: Thief +1 Agility

With a +2 Strength +1 Agility maxing out Strength, Agility, and Presence. I will also be using Velun's Blessing to maximizes the team's Willpower.

At-Will: Greater Heal
Recharge: Holy shock and Blessing
Encounter: Deadly Shadow
Ultimate: Revive

Weapon: Sanctified Gladius and Kunai
Armor: Helm of Heroes, Conqueror's Breastplate, Gloves of Giant Strength, Leather Boots
Accessories: Ward Amulet, Cloak of the Deeps, Champion's Belt, Guldring, Lucky Strike
Underclothes: Linen Tunic, Cowprint Panties

Synergies and combat loop

Ok so I want the normal turn order to go Brienne, Champ, Atugia. This is so Brienne can use her summon before the Champ uses Blessing on turn one. To that end I am using the fact that armor with the heavy tag gives you -5 Initiative to have Brienne out speed me. Atugia gets to use a Blessing boosted Echoes of Life one turn one. On turn 2 Brienne uses fireball or flare. You use Holy shock, Deadly shadow, or Greater heal depending on if you need AOE, single target, or healing.

There is more I can say about combat synergies, but I will move on for now.

Role play

I am thinking of does this as a paladin of Lumia seeing as we should be getting soulbond for her soon with Gardeford being close to finishing write that. I was planning on play romantically fateful to Brienne, Atugia, and Etheryn. You know the "mostly monogamous crew". However I thing of running with a it's not cheating if I'm spreading the Fertility Goddess's word.

So thoughts?

Banrey

Sep 7, 2022
I love every aspect of the build. I see that quite a lot of thought was put in to this as one does. A DPS paladin priest. I can see it working. Atugia will definitely build a decent amount of threat so I find it unlikely that either DPS will get nuked. You have good AoE damage for groups. You have your STACKED champ for single target. Nice, balanced build for everyday use.

"Life and death are intertwined,
I can give life and take it away"
- DPS, Paladin.

stabs bad guy
heals bad guy
spreads the word of the fertility goddess to the bad guy

"stabs" bad guy

Reactions: Everblight

Everblight

Sep 8, 2022
Banrey Thanks. I really like doing math on any game that lets you build you own power set. One of my favorite things about the combat of this team that I didn't mention in the first post, is how good this makes Ultimate's feel.

So lets be real you are not going to use your Ultimate's most fights, however what happens with this team is that you get to use them when things start going bad for you. Atugia gets taken down form too much incoming DPS you Revive her, then she uses Shell to get back all her threat and shield up. Brienne then use By The Horns to put out huge DPS and swing the fight back in your favor.

Reactions: Banrey

Banrey

Sep 7, 2022
It's comforting to know that someone else like me exists. Specifically people that like going into the game and making fun builds with role play.

I honestly found it surprising how well built and enjoyable the combat systems in these games are. Its so simple (compared to other games) but so fun to mess around with.

It really fulfulls the fantasy of adventurer stuck in a hostile world (with sex) that's important .

Reactions: Shadowcrow00

CitrusWolf

May 19, 2020
oh, this seems very fun! I would love to hear more about the synergies even if I can give no output since I am terribly bad at optimizing builds

Reactions: Banrey

Everblight

Sep 8, 2022
oh, this seems very fun! I would love to hear more about the synergies even if I can give no output since I am terribly bad at optimizing builds
Let's see the Twist the Knife perk get's a lot of work in on this build. Your whole team has debufs, however ever if they don't line up with your attack because healing when HP is low is you top priority, you still have your kunai. So any attack you make with it added bleed.

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
Though I suspect my build is not optimal at all, it works from a roleplaying angle and doesn't make fights impossible. Usually, I run a Mirror Stance/Great Heal-Ray of Frost/Celestial Smite-Shatter-Song of Splendor-Revive build and use this gear.
Normally, I go with Cait and Bimbo Azzy... which means I can dump two Songs of Splendor (or Allure + Song of Splendor) and a Sun of Jassira to save some time for the next turn. Granted, it's not the nuke it used to be, but it's serviceable enough.

Everblight

Sep 8, 2022
Though I suspect my build is not optimal at all, it works from a roleplaying angle and doesn't make fights impossible. Usually, I run a Mirror Stance/Great Heal-Ray of Frost/Celestial Smite-Shatter-Song of Splendor-Revive build and use this gear.
Normally, I go with Cait and Bimbo Azzy... which means I can dump two Songs of Splendor (or Allure + Song of Splendor) and a Sun of Jassira to save some time for the next turn. Granted, it's not the nuke it used to be, but it's serviceable enough.
I see a lot of poential here. What's the role plays theme? Having optimized aesthetic is just as important as optimized damage after all.

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
I run a black mage/charmer that's conscious about that one part of Savarra being a very cold place :p

Everblight

Sep 8, 2022
The only thing I would consider trying would be Duelist's Stance "You assume a duelist's stance, which grants you +10 Evasion, +10 Sexiness, and a surge of Threat. While in this stance, you make a counter-attack against the first melee attack that misses you each round.". Maybe Aphrodisiac Whip to add to drug damage?

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
I don't like whips and I don't want to miss out on stealable powers.

Everblight

Sep 8, 2022
I don't like whips and I don't want to miss out on stealable powers.
All good. I use Mirror Stance a lot, but mostly I look up what powers I want and bring it to those fights. It's still a good Stance for everyday use.

CitrusWolf

May 19, 2020
I play very sub-obtimal healing + murder builds, its often a great heal or bolstering dance for at-will, cleansing bell, jade flame, grand finale, and inspiration, I often play Charmer or White Mage starting and switch to white mage later on for the perks but I am seeing about playing Black Mage soon

Everblight

Sep 8, 2022
I play very sub-obtimal healing + murder builds, its often a great heal or bolstering dance for at-will, cleansing bell, jade flame, grand finale, and inspiration, I often play Charmer or White Mage starting and switch to white mage later on for the perks but I am seeing about playing Black Mage soon
Who done you like to use as your companions?

Everblight

Sep 8, 2022
Oh there is some fun ice builds you can do with them. hit me up if you ever want ideas or help.

CitrusWolf

May 19, 2020
I've some ideas do you care about race or class?
I have a preference for white mages since that seems to boost heal rate! race, well I prefer catfolk and humans since they are not tall by default

Everblight

Sep 8, 2022
Maybe try this?

Winter Knight set Brint and Outrider Etheryn

Holy Ward, cleansing bell, Psyshock, and Summon Phyria.

this will give you heavy heals and let you take adventive of the Crushing Resistance is reduced by -25% of Frigid.

Psychock
You focus the power of your Presence into a tangible blow of psychic force, striking a foe for (15 + Spellpower(%) + Presence * 2) Crushing damage.

CitrusWolf

May 19, 2020
Maybe try this?

Winter Knight set Brint and Outrider Etheryn

Holy Ward, cleansing bell, Psyshock, and Summon Phyria.

this will give you heavy heals and let you take adventive of the Crushing Resistance is reduced by -25% of Frigid.

Psychock
You focus the power of your Presence into a tangible blow of psychic force, striking a foe for (15 + Spellpower(%) + Presence * 2) Crushing damage.
Ohh! sounds fun! I'll do a little test!

Reactions: Everblight