I seem to have lost my saves!

MrDumbass

Jan 31, 2016
I'm not sure what happened, but I've lost ALL of my local saves.

Game Versions: 0.3.26 AND 0.3.28
Browser Version: I use the downloaded game.
No error code, so no screenshot.

I am, however, going to test something. See, the game's top-left name has been "coc2electron" for some time now, and it started being "CoC2" just now. I'm gonna see if moving some files from one folder to another helps.

EDIT: Back, no dice. Any idea what to do?

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
Have you posted a save file recently, like for a big report?

MrDumbass

Jan 31, 2016
That'd be a negative. The funny thing is, it was working just fine an hour ago, but then I closed it, and when I came back, they were gone. It was the weirdest thing.

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
Have you tried using your computer's Search function to sort through all of your files? I forget what the save extension is, but search for that.

EDIT: Try .coc2

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
He's using the downloaded version.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
For the inbuilt saves (not the Save to File ones) they're contained as a batch in the data_[number] files located in the coc2electron folder, which should be found in your Users/AppData/Roaming directory. I'd suggest making sure that folder is still there and you didn't somehow create a second one that the game is currently looking at.

Reactions: Paradox01

MrDumbass

Jan 31, 2016
Unfortunately, after several attempts to modify my folders and fix the files, it doesn't appear to be fixing the issue.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Having just encountered a seemingly similar situation (and realized the cause) one more thought: You didn't by any chance accidentally open up multiple copies of the game at once, did you? Because I did that forgetting I already had a window open and that caused the saves to not appear in the second window, presumably because they were already 'in use' and couldn't be seen for Programming Reasons.