I need feedback on my new proof of concept, "Monster Girl Farmer."

Bawdy Ink Slinger

Jun 2, 2017
"Monster Girl Farmer" is a comedic NSFW game set in a futuristic world where women can choose to become Monster Girls (half human/half animal). As the main character, it's your responsibility to extract the Monster Girl product in order to make a profit and save your Dad's farm.

"Monster Girl Farmer" will have lewd Visual Novel-like scenes mixed with fast-paced gameplay, similar to a restaurant simulation like Cook, Serve, Delicious. At this time, the game is pre-alpha and there are no lewd scenes in the game, but there's plenty of gameplay and there's a wardrobe system, so you can dress the characters to your preference or even make them nude. Here's some artwork of some of the characters:
vXcI25d.png

Here's some in-game photos to give you an idea of the gameplay:

gameplay.png

dialog.png

upgrades.png

The planned fetishes will be:
  • Monster Girls!
  • Transformation
  • Lactation
  • Fucking Machines
  • And more!

I'm looking for feedback to so I can improve the gameplay and make it more fun and addictive. Someday, I'd like for it to be one of those, "I'm just gonna play one more round... Shit it's already 4am" games, but it probably has a long way to go. Anything you feel that's confusing, frustrating, boring, annoying, slow, etc. would really help guide me to improve the game. In summary, I need constructive criticism!

If you'd like to try my game, put a comment here or send me a PM. I'm a little too nervous to post it publicly since it's just a proof of concept at this point.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cripto

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Okay, the thing is, while its all well and good to say "send a PM or comment", you won't get feedback like that.

Give a paragraph what the game is about, what you have planned, what fetishes you have covered and will cover.

We'd love to help you, you'll get nothing but support and proper feedback, but you need to take a step out.

Bawdy Ink Slinger

Jun 2, 2017
Give a paragraph what the game is about, what you have planned, what fetishes you have covered and will cover.

This is helpful, but I thought I already did? I said:

"Monster Girl Farmer" is a comedic NSFW game set in a futuristic world where women can choose to become Monster Girls (half human/half animal). As the main character, it's your responsibility to extract the Monster Girl product in order to make a profit and save your Dad's farm.

"Monster Girl Farmer" will have lewd Visual Novel-like scenes mixed with fast-paced gameplay, similar to a restaurant simulation.
At this time, the game is pre-alpha and there are no lewd scenes in the game, but there's plenty of gameplay and there's a wardrobe system, so you can dress the characters to your preference or even make them nude.

I'm saying it has monster girls, visual novel style scenes (in the future), and play like a restaurant sim. I also said there's plenty of gameplay and a wardrobe system.

Can you give me an example of what would be more helpful to inform your decision?

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
What kind of sex will it have? Will it have bois? Can you give a better gameplay comparison for people who don’t play restaurant games? Do you know what game modes you’ll create?

These are the simplest questions I can come up with due to the lack of raw information. There’s barely even an idea pitch here.

Reactions: Bawdy Ink Slinger

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
I'm saying it has monster girls, visual novel style scenes (in the future), and play like a restaurant sim. I also said there's plenty of gameplay and a wardrobe system.

Can you give me an example of what would be more helpful to inform your decision?

You've said nothing that makes you stand out from the other monster girl games. You need to sell your game and you need to hook your target audience in with that introduction blurb.

Which sounds better, which grabs your attention and screams "PLAY ME!"

"You have a restaurant with monster girls."

Or....

"You've recently finished culinary school at the top of your class. In fact, you've done so well that your mentor has a new challenge for you. They intend to open a new restaurant and they want you to be the head chef while it is being set up. Before you agree, your mentor tells you that there will be a twist to this new restaurant, but will tell you what it is when you get there. Curious, you agree.

After getting ready and several hours travel, you both arrive at the restaurant, where your mentor tells you the twist. The staff are monster girls, all of whom will be working with you as you begin this new venture.
"

Tell me, what grabbed your attention?

Bawdy Ink Slinger

Jun 2, 2017
What kind of sex will it have? Will it have bois? Can you give a better gameplay comparison for people who don’t play restaurant games? Do you know what game modes you’ll create?

These are the simplest questions I can come up with due to the lack of raw information. There’s barely even an idea pitch here.

I edited it. Does this answer your questions?

I apologize for the bad post. As someone who's been creating this thing for months, it's difficult to think like someone who has no info about it.

Stemwinder

Jun 15, 2018
You've said nothing that makes you stand out from the other monster girl games. You need to sell your game and you need to hook your target audience in with that introduction blurb.

Which sounds better, which grabs your attention and screams "PLAY ME!"

"You have a restaurant with monster girls."

Or....

"You've recently finished culinary school at the top of your class. In fact, you've done so well that your mentor has a new challenge for you. They intend to open a new restaurant and they want you to be the head chef while it is being set up. Before you agree, your mentor tells you that there will be a twist to this new restaurant, but will tell you what it is when you get there. Curious, you agree.

After getting ready and several hours travel, you both arrive at the restaurant, where your mentor tells you the twist. The staff are monster girls, all of whom will be working with you as you begin this new venture.
"

Tell me, what grabbed your attention?
Your point that it needs a better pitch is well-founded and all but yours really isn't any better; it's just a longer and just-as-dry way of conveying the exact same amount of information. The secret to a good pitch is to consisely list as many features as possible in a manner that makes them all sound appealing.

The most pertinent thing you said was right there at the beginning: there are a lot of monster girl games and they all tend to run together. This in particular looks like a repetitive clicker game. If you're going for an addictive game this isn't the best way to go about it. Mindless repetition isn't fun, it's work, and gating content the player wants to see behind a bunch of clicking it just aggravating. Even the idea's a little silly - you have to fill a bucket to give water to a human girl because she's thirsty? Why are they incapable of taking care of such basic needs? Would it not be more interesting to help them out with monster girl-specific tasks (milking a cow girl, helping a harpy to lay eggs, spinning a spider girl's silk into clorthing, riding a centaur through an obstacle course, etc.)?

If you want it to be addictive you should focus less on clicking through menus and more on simple minigames that give intermittent rewards to the player as encouragement and if you want to want to stand out as a monster girl game you should really design your interactions around taking advantage of the monstrous aspects. That's the basis of the fetish, after all.

Bawdy Ink Slinger

Jun 2, 2017
Your point that it needs a better pitch is well-founded and all but yours really isn't any better; it's just a longer and just-as-dry way of conveying the exact same amount of information. The secret to a good pitch is to consisely list as many features as possible in a manner that makes them all sound appealing.

Agreed, and I took it the same way: The point is valid, the example given could use work.

The most pertinent thing you said was right there at the beginning: there are a lot of monster girl games and they all tend to run together. This in particular looks like a repetitive clicker game. If you're going for an addictive game this isn't the best way to go about it. Mindless repetition isn't fun, it's work, and gating content the player wants to see behind a bunch of clicking it just aggravating.

Sure, that's also valid, but to me it feels like everyone is missing the point of this post: I need feedback to learn of and improve the problems you're seeing. In a sense, I've achieved that. I guess my pitch is so bad you guys/gals can't even get past it. But the title of this post isn't, "Would you like to buy my completed game?" It's "I need feedback on my new proof of concept." The tone of the replies feels like it's from the context of someone asking for the former, not the latter. Don't get me wrong: I think this is on me. Something I've said in my pitch is probably emphasizing the wrong things. My comment is more of a nit than anything. I'm happy to get the feedback.

Even the idea's a little silly - you have to fill a bucket to give water to a human girl because she's thirsty? Why are they incapable of taking care of such basic needs? Would it not be more interesting to help them out with monster girl-specific tasks (milking a cow girl, helping a harpy to lay eggs, spinning a spider girl's silk into clorthing, riding a centaur through an obstacle course, etc.)?

I'll change this since it's an obstacle to receiving feedback, but I sense if I put "ipsen loren" in there, you wouldn't have brought this up. Perhaps the take away for me is that the game is in an inverse sweet spot where it's hard to separate placeholder content from real content, therefore people are judging it on the wrong things (IMO). Right now, I'm looking for feedback on the gameplay, not the setting, plot, or story. I'm confident I can iron out the concerns you've brought up about the setting/plot/story with minimal effort on my part, it's just not something I want to prioritize. I want to prioritize the gameplay.

If you want it to be addictive you should focus less on clicking through menus and more on simple minigames that give intermittent rewards to the player as encouragement and if you want to want to stand out as a monster girl game you should really design your interactions around taking advantage of the monstrous aspects. That's the basis of the fetish, after all.

No offense, but without having tried the game yourself, do you really have enough info to give this feedback? You've seen screenshots, but you don't know how the game feels. Maybe the game isn't about clicking through menus? Maybe it is all simple minigames? The game will be designed around the monstrous aspects, but I plan to achieve that by simply relabeling the tasks.

Anyway, I hope I didn't come off as an asshole in this reply. I really appreciate everyones feedback actually.

Danni

Aug 8, 2017
based just on the screen shot it appears to be similar to breeding seasons only less refined, some suggestions, add more than one MC let the player choose to be male female or herm, the last option especially will allow you game to stand out some that is a rare option, breeding is going to be a must for any type of game like this so that is something to work toward, one thing you should clarify is will the girls start out as women and change to monster girls or can they start this way, and boy monsters will be a must for the breeding, It seems you want to focus on getting resources from the girls and while that is a good way to get money in the breeding aspect will allow you to increase your "herd" without spending most of your money on girls. what upgrades to the farm as well and different type monster girls are planned?

Bawdy Ink Slinger

Jun 2, 2017
Thank you for the suggestions.

one thing you should clarify is will the girls start out as women and change to monster girls or can they start this way

All the women start in human form. Maybe later characters could come transformed though.

boy monsters will be a must for the breeding

At this time, this is not a breeding game, just a monster girl game. It's going to be about milking hucows and collecting bird-girl eggs, rather than selling the monster girls themselves. Plus, each monster girl has a unique personality, it's not going to be like breeding season where they're a commodity.

It seems you want to focus on getting resources from the girls and while that is a good way to get money in the breeding aspect will allow you to increase your "herd" without spending most of your money on girls.

Yeah, but that's a gameplay element I have complete control over. I can make the game so that you don't have to breed them.

what upgrades to the farm as well and different type monster girls are planned?

There's for sure going to be a hucow, a cat girl, a pig girl, and a bird girl. Those characters (in human form) are already in the game. The next character will be a strong African American trans woman who will transform into a horse-girl. She'll get horse ears and a horse cock after transforming.

After that, I'm considering a bunny girl/sheep girls (one with black and one with white wool)/bee girl. I hadn't considered a spider girl before, but that sounds interesting, too.

Koshka

Oct 2, 2015
I'm a bit doubtful about adding those "simple mini-games" instead of a "clicker simulator". Considering that the biggest goal for this game is to become a full fledged time-killer (that will eat hours of your free time), running through these mini-games again and again will quickly become tiresome and boring. Based on the experience of the most succesfull (in time-killing) managing simulators (like Free Cities or Fantasy Slave Trainer), "randomness" is the most important thing in increasing playability (aside from the good writing and stability, of course), so I'd say that it's better to focus on filling the game with random events.

Charlsebob

Dec 11, 2016
I think this whole thing could be interesting, but for some of us the transformation aspect is more important than the actual gameplay. Can you give more detail about the depth of the transformation? Is it just an ears and tail situation or does it extend into furry territory? Also, does the player have some influence on transformations?

Bawdy Ink Slinger

Jun 2, 2017
I think this whole thing could be interesting, but for some of us the transformation aspect is more important than the actual gameplay. Can you give more detail about the depth of the transformation? Is it just an ears and tail situation or does it extend into furry territory? Also, does the player have some influence on transformations?

Right now I'm planning for only an ear/tail situation, but the trans characters will also inherit male animal genitalia. It's in a very early stage, so this may change, but the control you'll have over the transformation is the order in which you do it. All the monster girls at the farm want to be transformed, but you have to unlock the ability to transform them, so you can't transform everyone at once.

What I'm hoping will make my game stand out is the dialog, character personalities, humor, and last but not least, the fact that this will be an actual game. It's not a visual novel, there's actual gameplay to it.