I just noticed... One of the stories Kiyoko tells about Keros is actually a story from the Mahabharata

Maiavia2324

Mar 5, 2024
"Once, Keros was at archery practice with three of his students. The Trickster set up a straw target in the shape of a bird, setting it in the high branches of a tree. The first student came up to him, bowed, and said: "Master, I am ready to begin." "Very good," Keros replied. "Do you see the bird?" "I do, Master." "And do you see the branch?" "I do, Master." "And the leaves?" "I do, Master." So on it went, with the rest of the tree, then the hills, then the sky. At the end of this questioning, Keros simply shook his head and bade the first student return to the bench. Now it was time for the second student's turn, and he, too, answered the questions the same way. Once again, Keros shook his head and bade the student sit back down. Now it was the third and final student's turn. "Do you see the bird?" Keros asked. "No, Master. All I see is the bird's eye." Keros smiled. "Draw your bow. We shall see what you've learned." The third student loosed an arrow at the straw bird, and hit it right in the eye."
This is the story from the game, the only differences between this and the Mahabharata one is Arjuna is the student who hits the wooden bird with the arrow, while Drona is the teacher in place of Keros.
Its a pretty nice reference to Hindu myth

TheShepard256

I'm pretty sure the one that ends with something like "the price for the smell of fish is the sound of coins" is based off a real-life Japanese judge who made the same verdict in a similar incident; it wouldn't surprise me if the other tales of Keros's deeds are also pretty much copy-pasted from real-life events and myths.

Reactions: Malidica

Malidica

Mar 18, 2020
I'm pretty sure the one that ends with something like "the price for the smell of fish is the sound of coins" is based off a real-life Japanese judge who made the same verdict in a similar incident; it wouldn't surprise me if the other tales of Keros's deeds are also pretty much copy-pasted from real-life events and myths.
First paragraph of this:

Maiavia2324

Mar 5, 2024
Yeah there's an Akbar and Birbal story as well related on this