I got booted from the discord and I don't know why

Status
Not open for further replies.

Closet Jackal

Jan 24, 2018
So some guy was calling himself a fighter jet and everyone was getting pissy at him and I defended him by saying it's kind of like a man calling himself a woman or something along those lines. Shortly after that claim Merz banned me and i'm not sure why. I'm pretty sure I didn't break any of the rules? Did I?

Paimon

Jan 28, 2018
For a more detailed answer, a "man calling himself a woman" typically refers to a trans woman. Being transgender is a fairly well understood condition where the person is what they say they are. There are several different scientific studies that compare different parts of the brain that are known to be sexually dimorphic, and in trans people, pre or post hormones, their brains tend to match their claimed, rather than their assigned gender. Further reading.

For context, and why your comment was in particularly bad taste, there is a common joke on the internet where people claim to "identify as an attack helicopter". Innocent of that particular joke or not, anyone with a sense of history on the internet would almost certainly make that connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.