How to proc Kara's 2nd Quest

Omnicae

Jun 15, 2018
So read about this problem more often but not really with a proper solution. This is the third time I am attempting to do this and it's not working.
As the title would suggest, I cannot get Kara's 2nd quest to start. According to the wiki im supposed to get an e-mail from her indicating the start of the 2nd quest:
I meet the following requirments:
- Lvl 8 or higher.
- Killed the Nylae things for the probe.

Actions:

- I Helped Kara against shade
- Made Shade trip
- Walked into the Alley to reflect the event
- After level 8 and after the Nylae I slept/passed time and reloaded the game

Different saves:
-> Tried to flirt with Shade + intercourse
-> Tried to flirt with Shade without intercourse
-> Tried telling Shade im her family, also a file where i kept it a secret.
-> Tried avoiding Zaalt before the expected email, tried approaching him prior to the email.

Not sure what triggers this thing, I can wait about 10 days after level 8 and the fighting off the Nylae, nothing happens.

I assume I did something wrong somewhere, any idea as to what im doing wrong?

p.s. Heck, id settle for any kind of save file with the start of this quest enabled or anything close to it xD

Last edited:

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Kana is a pretty cute name for an NPC. I'll commission her because it'll make @Savin mad, lol.

Reactions: Irrlicht

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
I’m not sure, it’s been a while since I did the quest, but I think you’re supposed to flirt with Shade (and if accidental incest isn’t your thing, you can back out after flirting), as that’s the only surefire way to actually distract her.

That might be where you’ve tripped up.

Slab Bulkhead

Creator
Oct 10, 2015
I’m not sure, it’s been a while since I did the quest, but I think you’re supposed to flirt with Shade (and if accidental incest isn’t your thing, you can back out after flirting), as that’s the only surefire way to actually distract her.

That might be where you’ve tripped up.
Nope. I always end up fighting Shade for her sweet gun, and that's never stopped me from getting Kara's second quest. The wiki doesn't say if there's any triggers for her message to you that gets the second quest, so I dunno, just keep playing and it should pop up if you've done her first one.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Ah, fair enough

Omnicae

Jun 15, 2018
Yeh kinda puzzled, tried it with a different approach to Shade but that didn´t really change anything either. Im just running around, flying here and there going to Xanthe to quickly spend days... Well, this time I got an email from Shade for a meet-up, but none from Kara.

But its really hard to isolate factors in this sense, there is so much happening. If I come back with the probe, Shade is gonna interact with me, if I fly I will come across Zaalt, no idea what's interfering with what at this point.

Last edited:

AllAboardTheSpaceRV

Jun 6, 2018
The invite should pop on boarding the ship on Myrellion once you meet the requirements already mentioned. It may get skipped on the first try since 2 other scenes can proc first but leaving and re-entering should solve that.

Omnicae

Jun 15, 2018
The invite should pop on boarding the ship on Myrellion once you meet the requirements already mentioned. It may get skipped on the first try since 2 other scenes can proc first but leaving and re-entering should solve that.

Tried it, didn't work out either... Thanks for the suggestion though. I do indeed think it is related to something like this where too many events are showing up at once. Not sure what is keeping the mail from showing up though. For example, Shade's email upon visiting Uveto works fine and next to instantly.

Currently working on an entirely clean-slated save, seeing if I can isolate the issue.

Last edited:

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
Kara doesn't send an actual email, it's more like a small cutscene, and then Kara will be available to travel to.

Vraptor130

Aug 15, 2018
I'm not sure if this thread is too old for me to speak up, but I have the same issue, I've already met all the requirements but the scene to start the quest never happened.

In the end I used the editor to change the KQ2_QUEST_OFFER flag and that seems to have worked in unlocking the option to fly to Kara and get the quest going. So far everything since seems to be working fine but I'm keeping an eye on it and I do still have the save file from before the edit, in case that could help find the source of the issue.

Attachments

• Vira - 123 days.tits
    220.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
K

Krynh

I'm not sure if this thread is too old for me to speak up, but I have the same issue, I've already met all the requirements but the scene to start the quest never happened.

In the end I used the editor to change the KQ2_QUEST_OFFER flag and that seems to have worked in unlocking the option to fly to Kara and get the quest going. So far everything since seems to be working fine but I'm keeping an eye on it and I do still have the save file from before the edit, in case that could help find the source of the issue.
What version do you play on? I was going to see if I could get it to trigger but you might be a backer.

K

Krynh

Right, I'm playing on 0.7.200.
Edit: Your issue is that you never went back to visit Kara after helping her in this save. As soon as you are done there is an option to see her.

Last edited by a moderator:
K

Krynh

is there supposed to be an email from Kara telling her to meet you? In the save it doesn't notify you.

Last edited by a moderator:

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
@Jacques00 is there supposed to be an email from Kara telling her to meet you? In the save it doesn't notify you.
No, you receive her invitation as a scene when you enter the Myrellion hangar at level 8 after meeting Kara in the alley way if you successfully distracted Shade.

K

Krynh

No, you receive her invitation as a scene when you enter the Myrellion hangar at level 8 after meeting Kara in the alley way if you successfully distracted Shade.
Ah, I didn't notice it when I was scene skimming/button mashing.

Vraptor130

Aug 15, 2018
I see, when I helped Kara I flirted with Shade and went to spend the night with her so I must have missed the option at some point during that.

I opened that save and stepping into the right spot of the map triggered the scene, just happens that I never wandered into the place ever since first meeting her.

TFMaster

I see, when I helped Kara I flirted with Shade and went to spend the night with her so I must have missed the option at some point during that.

I opened that save and stepping into the right spot of the map triggered the scene, just happens that I never wandered into the place ever since first meeting her.

So you just left Kara waiting there for that whole time? Man that’s harsh!

Reactions: Run That Fade