How to open game download?

Big Papa Coyote

Nov 7, 2015
So I downloaded the file for the new public patch, but when I double click on it it just asks me how I want to open it, and none of the options is opening up the game for me. What am I doing wrong?

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
So I downloaded the file for the new public patch, but when I double click on it it just asks me how I want to open it, and none of the options is opening up the game for me. What am I doing wrong?

You need to extract the files. One of the files inside should be an application; just open that.

Big Papa Coyote

Nov 7, 2015
You need to extract the files. One of the files inside should be an application; just open that.
Oh, ok, I see what happened. For some reason it downloaded as just some weird file thing instead of like the usual winRAR thing most downloads are, hence it didn't even look like an extractqble thing. I had to open it up in the winrar archiver separately to then extract it. Kinda unusual, but once you said extract I knew what it should be.

But yeah, clicking it before did not lead to any kind of folder with an application at first glance. Wonder what that was about. Anyway, thank you! I got it up to play now.

Reactions: Savin