How to not become a kitsune?

Jun 28, 2022
Jokingly, I ask this because I've noticed in all my playthroughs, I gravitate towards Kiyoko and subsequently end up becoming a worshipper of Keros. Does anyone else have kitsune addiction problems? :3

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
I always pick up Kiyoko and never become a Kitsune. Even with characters I specifically intend to do the Keros soulbind, I just never actually do it.

Karakara

Feb 15, 2024
It is quite easy, actually:
Turning into a Keroses puppet, while a far better offer than what Lumia sells (I wish she gave us something better than becoming just one of your many soldiers, and it being gender locked), just leaves me feeling icky. Like I am selling out. And selling my soul to a God known for fucking people over, especially his, just seems like a bad deal.

Also, I enjoy the "conquest" of leaving every Kitsune pregnant as an outsider.

Cerneu

Aug 19, 2019
Turning into a Keroses puppet, while a far better offer than what Lumia sells (I wish she gave us something better than becoming just one of your many soldiers, and it being gender locked), just leaves me feeling icky. Like I am selling out. And selling my soul to a God known for fucking people over, especially his, just seems like a bad deal.
Yeah, I just find Keros to be deeply unlikable, which is why my MC never chooses to give him his soul, not matter how many benefits that would bring.

On the other hand, should we ever get to see Kiyoko achieve apotheosis as a fertility deity, my MC would have no problem with giving his soul to her.

Charity

May 24, 2020

Also, I enjoy the "conquest" of leaving every Kitsune pregnant as an outsider.
For now it seems he use us as method for fucking over his people.
But he absolutely can do that to us eventually.

SmithEK

Apr 20, 2021
Easy. I have one playthrough for Kitsune (this is for the scene with the bladeless Kitsune, Tetty, Kiyoko and Kitsune sex scenes), one for Valkyrie (for Lumia and Annika) and these 2 aren't serious playthroughs just something to play with when bored. The rest are for Kas so it's easy for me not to give up champs soul to some so called god.. it's being saved for Kas.

A1teros

Dec 23, 2021
I went with Keros soulbind the first time around till I realized you're still an outsider. If anything they have to tiptoe around you MORE now, not less. Except for Kiyoko I guess and even the text seems to reinforce that, it brings you closer to your wife and that's enough for Champ to go that route.

But honestly, that made me figure there's not much gain and you're better off connecting as who you really are rather than bartering your soul off for a paltry amount of extra connection (compared to the price of losing your soul anyway). For that little it really does feel like putting on a paper thin skin just to fit in a bit better, it feels desperate. Also I'd be wary after being swindled out of years with my wife and kids anyhow, can't help but see that as more "equivalent exchange" shinanigans.

Last edited:
Reactions: NinjaTacos

Charity

May 24, 2020
I went with Keros soulbind the first time around till I realized you're still an outsider. If anything they have to tiptoe around you MORE now, not less. Except for Kiyoko I guess and even the text seems to reinforce that, it brings you closer to your wife and that's enough for Champ to go that route.

But honestly, that made me figure there's not much gain and you're better off connecting as you who really are rather than bartering your soul off for a paltry amount of extra connection (compared to the price of losing your soul anyway). For that little it really does feel like putting on a paper thin skin just to fit in a bit better, it feels desperate. Also I'd be wary after being swindled out of years with my wife and kids anyhow, can't help but see that as more "equivalent exchange" shinanigans.
Iirc even Keros himself say that him shaping us isn't even close to fully repay this particular exchange. Other perks are in line with us being 1. Outside of hierarchy of Kitsune 2. Being his Champion.
Only thing specific to repaying this exchange is him coming to us whatever we ask him. And it's still aren't close by his words.

Still it will be funny to see some post-game event (aka Ending) there we visit Old Country. Kiyoko did talk about it.

fireball8947

Oct 20, 2023
In my current play through (I had to start over a few times) I want to be a kitsune but I don't want to lose my soul because it might be needed for a Kass redemption

Charity

May 24, 2020
In my current play through (I had to start over a few times) I want to be a kitsune but I don't want to lose my soul because it might be needed for a Kass redemption
It will be needed.
Savin confirmed that losing soul will lock you out of Kass redemption. And even give option to break Lovers state, permanently locking you in Enemy state (currently by us telling her about our condition).

IraMorti

Dec 5, 2017
It will be needed.
Savin confirmed that losing soul will lock you out of Kass redemption. And even give option to break Lovers state, permanently locking you in Enemy state (currently by us telling her about our condition).
He's been mostly vague about what exactly it locks you out of. Specifically it's been confirmed to lock you out of the Lover path completely and at least one redemption path potentially. The way it has been worded feels like there might be alternate paths, from the few times it's been brought up and Savin's felt like answering.

On topic at hand though. I find it hard not to soulbind to Keros. People hate the still outsider bit, but I look at it another way. You are an outsider, yes, but you are also in as well. You are a anomaly to Kitsune culture - and thus the shit you can get away with is boundless. That's fun. Keros' personality is also fun in that way. They bring a little chaos - and I like to use they for Keros purely because their ability and desire to genderbend at will. Kind of hard to consider Keros a he or a she when they can be whatever they want. I have no interest in male Keros, but female Keros? I can fuck for days. Plus the pregnancy dreams are just hot.

fireball8947

Oct 20, 2023
I would also like to note that it feels like a missed opportunity if you couldn't do redemption through the gods, Kass wants legitimate children but has no connection to a soul, the kitsune don't have souls but they do have a "communal soul" between them, would it be to hard to connect Kass to it?

IraMorti

Dec 5, 2017
I would also like to note that it feels like a missed opportunity if you couldn't do redemption through the gods, Kass wants legitimate children but has no connection to a soul, the kitsune don't have souls but they do have a "communal soul" between them, would it be to hard to connect Kass to it?
Problem is she doesn't have a soul to connect.

Mallach literally tells you and Kas he could easily give Kas a soul. So even without a part of your soul - it's feasible for there to be an alternate means of redemption, but probably won't be a good as sharing a piece of yourself.

fireball8947

Oct 20, 2023
Problem is she doesn't have a soul to connect.

Mallach literally tells you and Kas he could easily give Kas a soul. So even without a part of your soul - it's feasible for there to be an alternate means of redemption, but probably won't be a good as sharing a piece of yourself.
But we have her soul it's the way stone, Kass' daughter Alissa (probably misspelled that) even recognized it. And when Kass compares our soul to hers she says that ours eclipses hers

fireball8947

Oct 20, 2023
Also why would the Gods go out of their way to do a favour for a woman who's brought only ruin, destruction and death to their lands? Like yeah they could, but they all seem deeply divided.
Ruin maybe, destruction is bit of a stretch, but Kass hasn't killed anyone, she's not actually tied to the cultists.

J.M. Valentine

Jul 23, 2024
I stubbornly refuse to play a male PC as anything but the most white-bread self-insert I can make. Perhaps that qualifies me as some kind of degenerate in this playerbase - or maybe I'm just anal-retentive, cause I play the same thing in any game with a customisable PC.

Charity

May 24, 2020
Also why would the Gods go out of their way to do a favour for a woman who's brought only ruin, destruction and death to their lands? Like yeah they could, but they all seem deeply divided.
Reason why I hate that Tira seems to knowingly sent Kass to retrive Ring of Fate. I don't belive that she don't know about her.

Reactions: SomeNobody

Charity

May 24, 2020
Ruin maybe, destruction is bit of a stretch, but Kass hasn't killed anyone, she's not actually tied to the cultists.
She give cult ability to do shit they do now. No matter that ties she don't have she as demon has only one thing - hyperfixation. In her case on having pure demon children. She herself has no interest in redemption if we wouldn't persuade her.

Reactions: SomeNobody

SmithEK

Apr 20, 2021
She give cult ability to do shit they do now. No matter that ties she don't have she as demon has only one thing - hyperfixation. In her case on having pure demon children. She herself has no interest in redemption if we wouldn't persuade her.
She wants a real child, not a pure demon one.

MarcoPolo121

Apr 24, 2017
Ireland
Okay, I may be exaggerating, but she's still corrupted several innocent races and rulers to her side (and also Alissa), leading to widespread corruption, unchecked decadence and several people transformed into demons. Plus, if we apply the criminal conspiracy rule, she's party to all manner of horrible things done by the Cult, who probably have been killing and kidnapping people for years before the game starts.

And while I'm sure some of the gods may see it as an efficient way to solve their problems, that won't resolve the possibility of the Cult carrying on independently of her, especially now that Tollus is jockeying for power with her. So until and unless the cult problem is resolved, I'm guessing they won't be sticking their divine necks out for her.

Sidrake

Jul 4, 2022
don't forget Tollus note he confirm kasyrra is not his mistress and the demon with he think discuss with it before the game start. I think Tollus talked with Lethice the demon queen and kass is just use the portal to escape her world mareth. That's why I think we can compare kass as a rebel demon who just trie to leave mareth with her daughter and allies but I can wrong not sure, I just mention the discussion we have with her past and the Tollus note in dream palace.

Charity

May 24, 2020
don't forget Tollus note he confirm kasyrra is not his mistress and the demon with he think discuss with it before the game start. I think Tollus talked with Lethice the demon queen and kass is just use the portal to escape her world mareth. That's why I think we can compare kass as a rebel demon who just trie to leave mareth with her daughter and allies but I can wrong not sure, I just mention the discussion we have with her past and the Tollus note in dream palace.
She and many other demons run from Lethice because she didn't saw Champion of Ingram as threat (while they was already at doorstep of Fortress). Not because of some rebelion per say.
Thats, kind of, canon reason why we don't see Rat Elders, that sell their race to Lethice and strongest alchemist there, and Kiha-like sisters that should be there.

Jun 28, 2022
Wow, I had no idea so many people were against Keros. Not that I'm hating mind you guys. Just surprised. I myself don't have a problem with soul binding myself to him (or maybe I do?) cause I have a thing for Kiyoko, and I often feel like going kitsune is kinda hand in hand ya know? Plus then you have Keros being a damn Trickster God. Its not joke to say that I genuinely enjoy such deities because of the chaos they create so like ..but still it's so cool! Thank you for sharing your thoughts everyone. I had a blast reading through all the comments!

Sidrake

Jul 4, 2022
I think Keros is not bad but don't forget this, is the lower god of the seven and he research the power, that's why I suppose he not interfer with you when you romance all kitsune in the den because more kitsune in the colony is more influence to him. And don't forget this, your soul his equal like a battery for him imagine a power core who can generate and accumulate an infinite energy quantity and you understand why they are soo interrested by you. It a supposition but maybe you be carefull when you decide sell your soul with a god. For me, my preference is keeping my soul and protect it at any cost besause is too dangerous too lose her even with the god. This is I think with god trading.

Sidrake

Jul 4, 2022
For Kiyoko I think she truly love you, you free her on her eternal prison and give her a chance too live even she serve Keros. Plus have child with you is her dream, have a family and never be alone again and in other way she serve Keros himself. For Kiyoko it's a win-win situation, keros have power with more kitsune in the colony, she have a family and a proper mate, so yes she use you but she love you, not sure is a true love like Etheryn or Aileh or Brienne and Cait (even she not have child) but you truly about her for the love she have to you. However I fear the day we force her too choose betwen Keros and the champion because she devoted too the Trickster, maybe you play with fire, maybe not, the question is who win what in the end with the law of equal exhange.

MarcoPolo121

Apr 24, 2017
Ireland
Honestly, I enjoy the Kitsune being insular and distant until you either knock them up, become one of them or bring Kiyoko along for a visit. Makes a nice change of pace from everyone fawning over you in every other settlement.

Plus, Seven Gods be praised, a group of people who can solve their own problems and don't need us to do everything for them.

Also Kiyoko is my precious fox wife and mother to my 49 kits, and the ongoing demonisation of her saddens me almost as much as her having almost nothing to say or do during the current ongoing Khor'Minos arc.