How to become a kitsune?

Aug 30, 2020
Idk if im just stupid or if ive done something wrong but i went and freed kiyoko and did the quest for the metal item but i don't have a thing to talk to keros in order to become a kitsune.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
I've actually had the same issue in an alternate save file I was using. Keros would usually appear in Rindo's square after you do the metal quest to offer you to bind and yet in that save he never did appear. Idk if something broke, but this wasn't something that I had issues with before the pub build.

Aug 30, 2020
I've actually had the same issue in an alternate save file I was using. Keros would usually appear in Rindo's square after you do the metal quest to offer you to bind and yet in that save he never did appear. Idk if something broke, but this wasn't something that I had issues with before the pub build.
I myself am playing on steam and ill start a new character to see if i can force it to happen again. As a side note i did the marriage cerimony first incase that changes something.

Aurore

Oct 23, 2020
Brazil
if i'm not mistaken, now we must complete the "Artifice Testing" quest so that keros appears. (in my new saves, he only appeared after completing this mission)

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
exactly, i was very confused when i went after the relic and keros had not appeared to me.
IK The requirements were basically "All Nakano Quests" done but it's like, damnnit I got used to only having to do one now I gotta do two, damn unfinished game-itis *grumble grumble*
The wikia's got nothing on the whole binding thing either as far as I can tell so like... that doesn't help.

Aurore

Oct 23, 2020
Brazil
IK The requirements were basically "All Nakano Quests" done but it's like, damnnit I got used to only having to do one now I gotta do two, damn unfinished game-itis *grumble grumble*
The wikia's got nothing on the whole binding thing either as far as I can tell so like... that doesn't help.
wait, but isn't it just "artifice testing" that needs to be completed ? I just did it on my new save, and it was enough for him to appear, nor was I after the relic.

Last edited:

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
wait, but isn't it just "artifice testing" that needs to be completed ?, I just did it on my new save, and it was enough for him to appear, nor was I after the relic.
What?
But I thought..
What the actual fuck, so what is it, Metal Quest or Artifice Testing? The requirements really shouldn't have shifted like that for seemingly no rhyme or reasoning whatsoever. I'm starting to wonder if it was unintentional and something in the code got muddled. >.>

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
It's been said that it'll be patched back to normal on Discord so hopefully this little weirdness will be gone later.

SomeNobody

Dec 18, 2020
as well as being able to overcome nareva in the dialogue, i hope that one day, we can play a trick in keros, it would be revenge for deceiving us now too.
Isn't something like that already planned?

In that a Trickster God of Fox People from CoC1 will appear and you have the option of supporting one over the other in their battle for the divine title? With Keros being the more... antagonistic option?

Aurore

Oct 23, 2020
Brazil

In that a Trickster God of Fox People from CoC1 will appear and you have the option of supporting one over the other in their battle for the divine title? With Keros being the more... antagonistic option?
I don't know how to mark something as a spoiler, but that's not what I was referring to, playing a trick in keros in the sense of trolling, I don't know, putting a fart pillow on his chair or something like that ha ha.

TheShepard256

That was the original plan, but the 'siding against Keros' path was scrapped because no-one capable of doing it justice was interested in writing it.

SomeNobody

Dec 18, 2020
I don't know how to mark something as a spoiler.
Its the little Insert icon that looks like [+] on the bar above where you type your text, has multiple options including spoilers tags that you type your text between so it is hidden in your post.

That was the original plan, but the 'siding against Keros' path was scrapped because no-one capable of doing it justice was interested in writing it.
I suppose that was like another similar plotpoint in the dev document about-
The Baroness being a potentially antagonistic Cumpire preying on the village that the heroes would overcome and take over her castle as their base of operation, instead of the more restrained impotent figure she is in the game

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
I suppose that was like another similar plotpoint in the dev document about-
The Baroness being a potentially antagonistic Cumpire preying on the village that the heroes would overcome and take over her castle as their base of operation, instead of the more restrained impotent figure she is in the game
Or.... that simply hasn't been written yet because it's not at the top of the priority list. To provide a similar situation, we went how long between the conclusion of Right of Conquest and Arona's companion content arriving again?

SomeNobody

Dec 18, 2020
I mean she better get a move on, almost every time you explore in Hawkethorne it involves Cait popping some young lad's cherry in an alleyway.
Soon there won't be any left.