How to beat Queen Alissa?

JVR

Sep 2, 2018
No matter what I do, she keeps 1-shotting me. I'm currently playing a Level 5 Charmer and have the Whitewood Bow. I've even tried toggling Easy Mode and she *still* keeps beating me. Any suggestions?

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Get a good offensive ult and use it. Brint's is a good one.
Or if you're like me and kept that Crystal Nade until that moment you can use that too and blow shit up. Takes off a massive health chunk off her and is likely to nuke as well.

Also this one is kinda obvious but only go in when you've leveled your team that you intend to use to 5. Hence the ultimate move mention.

Last edited:

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
If you're being one-shotted at Level 5, you might want to check your equipment. Even if you've got pretty low Toughness you shouldn't be taking that much damage in a single action unless you're getting super-unlucky with the RNG.

Another fairly obvious question but it bears asking is: Did you go into the Alissa battle with reduced health from the previous encounters? Because if so, you should consider stocking health and resolve-restoring items and making sure you're more or less topped up before the fight.

Assuming neither of these things is the issue, there's a couple other things you can do to help you with this fight. Depending on who your companions are, there are multiple ways to reduce the damage you're taking even independent of your own equipped powers or reduce your chances of getting hit in the first place. If Atugia's in your party she should be drawing most of Alissa's attention, Cait can use Spirit Veil on you, Ryn can get some well-earned payback by shooting her in the face with Aurora Arrow (giving your whole party a nice defensive buff while also hitting hard), Kiyoko has several defensive powers in her Kami-no-Michi set and so on. Switch to Manual input and make sure some defensive buff is applied posthaste and that should help a lot. Also, you can down some Spiced Wine before going into the dungeon if you need a Toughness boost, just don't take a drink once you enter the palace because the Winterberry Wine effect will overwrite the Spiced Wine one.

Alissa has the same damage-boosting Perk that a Thief gets which means that any time you or a companion is suffering from a status effect, you're going to take a lot more damage from Alissa's attacks. Having a way to clear those effects can help if you're dying quickly. Also, having a good source of healing is a pretty good idea for this fight. If you don't have Cait in your party Ryn can do an even better job of it with her shiny new gear, which also nets her Spirit Veil for another defensive buff option.

flying_moustache

Aug 30, 2015
Some fine suggestions here already. Basically, if you take that much damage, you want to check your equipment.

I also use a charmer and struggled in the early days of CoCII until I got Quin onto the team. If you don't mind me adding my own 2 cents, let me add a few general tips for charmers that I think are noteworthy.

• Vital stats that you want to push are first and foremost presence, then cunning and probably agility. When you level up your PC consider pumping those numbers up.
  • Chances are, if you picked a charmer, that you want to deal resolve damage. That means you want to gear towards sexiness and temptation.
  • Quin can help you deal a lot of resolve damage really fast. Try something like "Song of Splendor" into "C. Allure" or vice versa. You can follow that up with another "Allure" from your PC and/or "Lust snap". Those hit really hard, because "Song of Splendor" will bost your ability to deal resolve damage and "Allure" will lower the enemies ability to resist resolve damage. As supporter I use Ranger Ryn. Her hawk, Harrick, and "Entropic Wind" can buy you a few turns, her "Group heal" lets you push your team through some hurting and keep the resolve damage train rolling. Ever since using this party I've been very succesfull in combat.