How powerful are the Seven?

Jul 13, 2021
Are they powerful enough to, say for example, reduce a mountain to rubble with little to no effort? Are they powerful enough to destroy the world, or is their power a bit more down to earth than that? Or are they just straight up "Sun Wukong" levels of powerful? What level would a group of adventurers have to be to defeat even the weakest one? I know that you could fight and defeat Marae in the original CoC but I'm not sure how she stacks up to the Seven in CoC2. Not to mention, the champion in CoC is implied to be far stronger than the one you play as in CoC2. I'm just curious about the strength of these characters in particular.

Reactions: BoobaEnthusiast

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Last edited:
Jul 13, 2021
You are never going to be able to challenge the Seven because Savin says lolno to that kind of power fantasy and you aren't gonna be able to ascend to their level even in an ending. And they're powerful, such that when they do need to fight they don't really have any setting between 'Off' and 'Massive Collateral Damage' (Convocation of Mirrors spoilers).

They're not omnipotent or omniscient but what they are is still 'way above your level' as far as the writing is concerned.
Helpful answer, but I already know that CoC2 isn't meant to be a power fantasy, and I know that the champion won't be able to challenge the Gods from in-game implications already. The answer I was looking for is more of a direct assessment of their destructive capability.

Could they level a large city?
Are they more akin to level 20 D&D characters?
Would they be as strong as say for example, Thor from The Avengers movies?
Could Kasyrra, If she succeeded in taking over Savarra, be able to defeat them?

I was also wondering if the Seven were comparable to Marae in the original CoC, and the difference in power between both Champions from both CoC games.

Reactions: BoobaEnthusiast

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
I'm pretty certain that if the heavy hitters of the pantheon wanted to, they could level a city quite handily. Savin even comments that they're like those superheroes who take out city blocks with their powers by accident, but worse. Now imagine they're intentionally trying to cause as much damage as possible...
Also, consider this: The Wraiths caused a planetary-scale apocalypse and they did it despite not being intelligent per se. The Seven are Wraiths that can think, and by 'awakening' and chosing to intervene on behalf of the native Savarrans they turned the tide of the Godswar. So y'know, pretty damned powerful.
As far as Kasyrra defeating the Seven, while Bad Ends are explicitly not canon there's actually one where this happens, and the demons did manage to overrun Mareth and kill most of its native gods so give Kas enough time...

Kingu2

May 20, 2020
Helpful answer, but I already know that CoC2 isn't meant to be a power fantasy, and I know that the champion won't be able to challenge the Gods from in-game implications already. The answer I was looking for is more of a direct assessment of their destructive capability.

Could they level a large city?
Are they more akin to level 20 D&D characters?
Would they be as strong as say for example, Thor from The Avengers movies?
Could Kasyrra, If she succeeded in taking over Savarra, be able to defeat them?

I was also wondering if the Seven were comparable to Marae in the original CoC, and the difference in power between both Champions from both CoC games.
the writers have been very deliberately vague about how powerful the seven are, which is a good thing because it honestly doesn't matter. You can't have them stealing the focus of the story.

I can confirm though that the Champion of Mareth is a looooooot more powerful than the Champion of Frost. While the Champion of Frost is only slightly op the Champion of Mareth is comically op, the way that they solo'd Lethices entire fortress of bullshit should clue you in on how ridiculously strong they are. They're on a whole different power scale.

Jul 13, 2021
I'm pretty certain that if the heavy hitters of the pantheon wanted to, they could level a city quite handily. Savin even comments that they're like those superheroes who take out city blocks with their powers by accident, but worse. Now imagine they're intentionally trying to cause as much damage as possible...
Also, consider this: The Wraiths caused a planetary-scale apocalypse and they did it despite not being intelligent per se. The Seven are Wraiths that can think, and by 'awakening' and chosing to intervene on behalf of the native Savarrans they turned the tide of the Godswar. So y'know, pretty damned powerful.
As far as Kasyrra defeating the Seven, while Bad Ends are explicitly not canon there's actually one where this happens, and the demons did manage to overrun Mareth and kill most of its native gods so give Kas enough time...
So they're about as strong as DOTA Characters. Thanks, my curiosity has been sated. Though I'm still wondering as to how Marae would compare to the Seven in terms of power though.

Last edited:

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
I mean keros breaks the laws of physics whenever he leaves by fucking folding in upon himself, so they are strong enough to ignore the logistics of reality.