How Optional is Uveto?

Galgano

Aug 28, 2015
I was thinking about the order of the coordinate planets today. Each of them gets progressively more difficult. This got me thinking about the next coordinate planet. It’s likely (unless it’s the alt starting planet) going to need a higher level for your character in order to feel like you’re progressing in the game. And it’ll get the make-the-game-harder’s off Fenco’s back. Making the next planet less challenging than the current latest planet will make the game feel like it’s regressing. Therefore, in order to level up in a timely manner, you would need to go to the area that has the best experience gains for your current level. I suppose you could always just stay in an area and grind until you’re strong enough for the next area.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Uveto is extremely optional as far as progression goes, and the current probe planet has plenty of xp to dole out.

Also thanks for reminding me that the pants-on-head retarded concept of alternate probe planets is still a thing that'll happen.

Irrlicht

Oct 31, 2017
Well, the gear is nice...

Reactions: Elen

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
I dare say the average non-min-maxed character would probably do well to get gear from Uveto, since they'd probably have problems getting past the DPS-check that is Urblog.

Irrlicht

Oct 31, 2017
Notably stuff that doesn't require you to kill a dragon waifu.
I meant the other stuff. Our Frostwyrm got many uses outside of gear that are preferable over that.
-Preg-Content
-Dragon-Sex
-A taste of Psionics
-A disregard of player-character-customisation in certain talk options
-Convinient timeskip for longer periods of time
-Half-Dragon-Sex
-May or may not questionable incest, I am still not sure if I like the special end...
-Another Dragon-Waifu
-At least two reasonable memorable individuals.

Elen

Sep 28, 2018
Some of the nice things you get from Uveto (with no equivalent or better elsewhere):

20-slot inventory upgrade (Deluxe Backpack) (btw can we get more storage slots on current/future ships pls)
HL Anti-grav thong (highest sexiness lower undergarment, tied w/savicite panties but without their 33 minimum lust)
Stealing Anno's panties (and/or thiccening her) (Huskar Treats)
Siegwulfe (gives you evasion and crewmember, Fenris II doesn't.)
+hp and +tease dmg buff (Vava Groom)
-2 libido (Huskar Foursome)
Pippa's +freeze resist buff (you get more dmg resist choices after you recruit her (although you still have to pay ;-;))
Varmint crew (taming quest)
Flash Goggles for blind immunity (although tbh I haven't used these ever)

And you don't even have to go further than Irestead for these.

Reactions: ChromaTaphore

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
For the most part, I don't consider any content in any game optional. I don't like picking options that make me an ass, or romancing characters I don't want to, or preg content in FenCo games, but all the quests and exploration is considered mandatory.

Irrlicht

Oct 31, 2017
If you want optional, take Canadia Station, that is practical a secret level. (while having the most possible ways to get it, i belive)

SpicyShino

Sep 9, 2015
Uveto is extremely optional as far as progression goes, and the current probe planet has plenty of xp to dole out.

Also thanks for reminding me that the pants-on-head retarded concept of alternate probe planets is still a thing that'll happen.
I assumed that simply meant that there would be two planets for certain phases? Like another Mhen'ga level planet with different events.

It would essentially be an alternate route, but that doesn't mean the other probe suddenly doesn't exist. Plus it could be an interesting way to discover further planets if you screwed-up getting the previous probe.
Some of the nice things you get from Uveto (with no equivalent or better elsewhere):

20-slot inventory upgrade (Deluxe Backpack) (btw can we get more storage slots on current/future ships pls)
HL Anti-grav thong (highest sexiness lower undergarment, tied w/savicite panties but without their 33 minimum lust)
Stealing Anno's panties (and/or thiccening her) (Huskar Treats)
Siegwulfe (gives you evasion and crewmember, Fenris II doesn't.)
+hp and +tease dmg buff (Vava Groom)
-2 libido (Huskar Foursome)
Pippa's +freeze resist buff (you get more dmg resist choices after you recruit her (although you still have to pay ;-;))
Varmint crew (taming quest)
Flash Goggles for blind immunity (although tbh I haven't used these ever)

And you don't even have to go further than Irestead for these.
Well as far as items go, it would still make sense to buy any of those on a later planet.

And the character specific stuff could just be chalked up as an incentive to go to Uveto. Most of it doesn't impact combat, and the ones that do are temporary or have alternatives.

Also I just cheated in extra ship-storage. I'm not gonna restrict myself to only 3 outfits, to hell with that.