Votes: 7 10.6%
  • Every 1-2 Months

Votes: 11 16.7%
  • I never stick with a save file for very long

Votes: 12 18.2%

• Total voters

PalletTown

Sep 10, 2015
This is something that has been piquing my interest for some time but I noticed around the forum and in some public save files that people seem to be attached to one particular save file. I am curious to see how often people will reset their game in COC II?

In the poll below, select how many times you restart your game from the beginning. Your main character in particular.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Preferably never, I need to get into the habit of saving to file again bc my computer cookies have a way of forcing me to restart from the bottom constantly. There aren't really instances I can see to make a new character. The one I play always ends up the same.

Last edited:

zagzig

Feb 26, 2021
I currently have 11 main saves going, which I will restart a couple of times a year. I also have a few secondary runs which will usually target some specific NPC content.

I guess that's one of the bottom two options? I went with 1-2 months because I do stick with the save files, I just have a bunch going concurrently.

Shrike675

Apr 8, 2021
I currently have 11 main saves going, which I will restart a couple of times a year. I also have a few secondary runs which will usually target some specific NPC content.

I guess that's one of the bottom two options? I went with 1-2 months because I do stick with the save files, I just have a bunch going concurrently.
Show the spreadsheet of saves you have, COWARD.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
I run Champs based on roleplaying hooks, usually with some idea going in of some content I want to aim for with them. I don't ever restart unless I find some content added/announced as coming that I'm interested in but don't have a Champ that fits, which doesn't happen that often. The last time that happened was <checks> over two years ago when Wsan first teased Rina's domme content. Those situations aside I just keep the ones I have going.

Bobonga

Aug 13, 2021
I used to restart alot, but those characters never lasted long. Usually just one play session or past the Alraune at max. I like to try out new builds, but as soon as the build is achieved, the character looses all its luster. Nowadays I only make new character, if i'm properly intrested into them. Not just to achieve this 1 thing.

At the moment I have 3 savefiles, of which 2 are content complete. One is only for testing purposes. The second is where I play the game. The third is somewhat new, and I just talked to Evergreen.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
I've been playing the same character as my main since before launch. I did restart her as the same character when the early game rework happened so I could go through and see everything the new way through but otherwise it's the same character to me.

Otherwise I do a new playthrough a couple times a year trying to play the game a "new" way and see how that feels.

Emily Smith

Apr 20, 2021
I have one main save. I lost all my saves as I switched to using my Deck but hated it so went back to phone. I do a new playthrough whenever I'm bored. At the moment my main save is my Futa champ while I also have a save for my pure female champ.

Tony_Redgrave

Dec 11, 2021
I had to restart due to data loss, but sometimes I debate restarting to explore some of the alternate options such as the more corrupt options like telling Quin to fuck off, or corrupting the Centaur village, or killing certain characters etc, or doing a run without Kiyoko/Kinu. I suppose it ultimately depends on what content is eventually added.

TheGSone

Apr 16, 2020
A problem that plagues me in every RPG. I can't keep a save file for long. And I can't have multiple files. I'll delete things on impulse.
As this game keeps getting longer, I'm finding it harder to progress. I'll have to really sit down one day and speed run, just to see what's in Khor'minos

PalletTown

Sep 10, 2015
This is rather fascinating. Weirdly enough, I have a bit of an opposite approach. One of the aspects in CoCII I try to optimize is the amount of in-game time I spend. Every couple of patches or so changes the order I do things.

Btw, I optimized the first act to do all quests within 23 days.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
This is rather fascinating. Weirdly enough, I have a bit of an opposite approach. One of the aspects in CoCII I try to optimize is the amount of in-game time I spend. Every couple of patches or so changes the order I do things.

Btw, I optimized the first act to do all quests within 23 days.
I thought I was the only one! If possible I try to do the first act in just a few weeks. Only time I'll linger longer than I intended is when I reach the end of what I'm given main-story wise while squeezing any side quests out or something takes me longer to do for whatever reason. I had a similar mindset for TiTS where I will stay at most a week on each planet if possible, not including the side planets.

I wonder if in my case it's bc the main story in CoC2 takes only a few months canonically, so I essentially am like "hm can I actually do that in-between almost everything else I wanna do?"

Zeus101

May 5, 2023
First time I played was with a lot of mods and breezed through the game but I found that boring so I created a new character/save without mods and dark difficulty, don't want to restart again until a really major update

ForeverLurker

Feb 9, 2022
I usually stick with one character for a long time. I recently restarted just to do some other options like get Mai knocked up instead of Miko for example. I restarted a long time ago to do the Kas love route because I enjoyed it more.

A1teros

Dec 23, 2021
I've restarted a few times when early content that I had passed got reworked or when my saves got erased because I cleared my browser and I figure I may as well go through again and see if anything changed. I always play the same character though, once I got down how I want my character and early game to play out I haven't changed it in quite a while.