How Much Access

Galgano

Space travel will be a thing soontm. So, I was wondering how in-depth the space travel will be? Will we be able to fly around or are we still confined to pick locations to travel to? And if the former, will we be able to "discover" other planets before we know of the locations of the probes? Basically I just want to know if I can go to the second planet and, while not get the second probe, meet the characters and stuff like that. It would also be for people that aren't aroused by bee people or whatever is on Phaedra, they could theoretically skip that content.

I don't know where to find the google doc for space travel or I wouldn't be asking this.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
To be honest, I don't really care about the ship mechanics at all. I mean, I've been hoping they get in for ages but that's really only because of So. It also doesn't help how much time has been invested (and how much more needs to be invested) to get ship stuff working/finished.

Anyway we might get timed missions, so that'll be a thing that might benefit from faster warp drives (and therefore less travel time). The good old tile system seems a bit silly for that, of course. You can trust me because I might be promoted to Admiral soon, and will use my ships to vaporize Borg cubes.

Last edited:

Lancer

There won't be any sort of "just flying around" exploration, that would require an amount of work even larger than the ship content currently planned. The probes will still be necessary to find planets, if only for the sake of the writers' souls. It would require pretty much every scene that mentions anything the PC has previously done to account for this new order of finding things. The game balance would also be way out of whack, as even basic trash mobs on Myrellion will wipe the floor with an underleveled and undergeared PC.

All "ship mechanics" is currently is actual logical ships, the ability to upgrade from the Casstech, and ship to ship combat. A theoretical "space mechanics" xpack might include what your talking about.

Ormael

I think "just flying around" would be instead of follow space titles (like moving between rooms on planets) between planet space port and system warp gate with ccasional brnaches that will aloow to explore 1-3 (or maybe more if authors get super creative) locations. Getting mroe freedom to move would be quite huge load on authors to make some more interesting places to check than main system planet and some secondary smaller explorable on legs or just with reachign such places with ship locations.

Future either way look bright still ^^

Even only getting menagment of ships and maybe at start limited (and probably "scripted") space enounters would be good start point for other to write more.

Arhon

As long as Dom So content is in, the writers and developers can go nuts for all i care :p

Try not to burst a nut tho..........