How is everyone enjoying Baldur's Gate 3?

Ferwul73

Oct 7, 2017
I mean, given the heavily DnD inspired backgrounds of TiTS and CoC2... Surely some of yous are playing BG3 too?

Acharehnus

Jun 3, 2022
I'm gonna end up sinking a lot of hours into it, there's so much to do so many classes and races to play. And I really like the variety in customization for your identity.

They didn't have to separate body type, voice, pronouns and genitals but it's very cool they did.

Greyfox643

May 20, 2016
It's been really fun so far.
I made two characters. That I'm rubbing in parallel runs.

The first is a !notLolth Drow Lawful Monk, who refuses to give into the mind shit, and refuses to not be chill in Any scenario he gets thrust in.

The second is an Dragonborn Oathbreaker paladin. And he is 100% going to get every ounce of power out of this 'so called Absolute.

It's really cool seeing all of the class specific dialogue options come up throughout the game

Reactions: Medge

ForeverLurker

Feb 9, 2022
I've been waiting years for thus game played early access a little then waited for the full game. I'm wandering the underarm right now great stuff. I played one and two as a kid good times.

Emily Smith

Apr 20, 2021
I'm getting it once I brought my steam deck. Looks really good. Though quick question. Can the MC be Futa?

Zarkrai

Sep 30, 2021
I didn't want to use the term Shemale. Like Bleh said you can be like Ryn.
So if I made a female Dragonborn, I can give replace her vagina with a dick if I wanted to? Someone also mentioned something about pronouns so I'm guessing you can also determine what gender pronouns your MC goes by?

Reactions: waterpanther7

Loveless

May 29, 2022
So if I made a female Dragonborn, I can give replace her vagina with a dick if I wanted to? Someone also mentioned something about pronouns so I'm guessing you can also determine what gender pronouns your MC goes by?
Here is an excerpt from the wiki:

GENERAL CUSTOMIZATION OPTIONS IN BALDURS GATE 3​

Players can toggle and modify a variety of individual features for their character. These customization options may vary depending on your character selection choices and character Race. Players can also opt to randomize their features and modify them from there.

• Body Type: Players will have four body types to choose from that will modify the physical build of the character
  • Identity: Choose between male or female etc
  • Voice: Play through a few voice-acting options for your character
  • Face: There will be a total of 8 premade facial feature combinations to choose from
  • Skin Colour: Browse through the different skin tones to change the pigment of the character's skin
  • Scarring: There will be a few pre-made facial markings for players to choose from
  • Genitals: Players can modify the character's genitals. Toggle 'Hide Clothes' to see the changes
  • Crest: Choose from different Crest designs (specific to Dragonborn)
  • Chins: Choose from different Chin designs (specific to Dragonborn)
  • Jaws: Choose from different Jaw designs (specific to Dragonborn)
All of these can be changed independently from one another, so yes: you can have a female character with a dick, just not a herm.

Last edited:
Reactions: Emily Smith

cobra

Aug 29, 2015
Im just mad it took this and Jagged Alliance to get sequels after 20. LONG. DAMN. YEARS!!!!!

Emily Smith

Apr 20, 2021
Im just mad it took this and Jagged Alliance to get sequels after 20. LONG. DAMN. YEARS!!!!!
I suppose adding 3 on the end would give away it was a sequel. Would be make more sense to try the first games?

cobra

Aug 29, 2015
I suppose adding 3 on the end would give away it was a sequel. Would be make more sense to try the first games?
sigh Guess I need to be more specific and i meant as a series. Im sure they are decades old iconic legacy series you want to see that have been dormant.

Emily Smith

Apr 20, 2021
sigh Guess I need to be more specific and i meant as a series. Im sure they are decades old iconic legacy series you want to see that have been dormant.
Oh no sorry, I meant more for me. I didn't realise BG wasn't the first, obviously I should of realised 3 at the end should of gave it away.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
I can't play it like I really want to because just like every single RPG videogame in existence it has spiders and my arachnophobic ass is starting to hate being arachnophobic given it's keeping me from playing it while everyone else talks about how great it is.
DOS2 is probably the only game spared from this with it being all optional and also I have a guide on how to avoid them from a now ex-friend, but the ones in BG3 seem sorta mandatory, which is frustrating. Doesn't help that the community of the game are jackasses about what phobias are.

Btw yes I'm aware there is a mod for the game to remove them, but I play these powerful games on a weak ended laptop and play it on GeForce Now, which doesn't allow Nexus modding anymore so it's either grit my teeth and suffer or spare myself the heart attack potentially akin to the one WoW gave me and never play it.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: ForeverLurker

Emily Smith

Apr 20, 2021
Before I spend £50 on this game, is it worth it? I recently been playing Witcher 3 on my deck and it's a good game (subpar sex scenes though).

Gothamson

Apr 13, 2018
In currently 500hrs in. Its been a really great game but my two biggest complaints are the glitches rampant in act 3 and to a much lesser extent I dont like Karlach. She's very out of place compared to everyone else.

Emily Smith

Apr 20, 2021
How good are the sex scenes? Are they like Witcher 3 where you just see some flesh here and there?

Emily Smith

Apr 20, 2021
Yeah I don't see what the hype is all about. Tried it for over an hour and still don't like it, just hoping Steam will give me my refund. Much prefer Witcher 3.

ForeverLurker

Feb 9, 2022
In currently 500hrs in. Its been a really great game but my two biggest complaints are the glitches rampant in act 3 and to a much lesser extent I dont like Karlach. She's very out of place compared to everyone else.
Apparently some of her content got cut out of the game. You can't even get her best ending because the area you need to get it is cut.

Gothamson

Apr 13, 2018
Apparently some of her content got cut out of the game. You can't even get her best ending because the area you need to get it is cut.
I doubt it'd matter. I paid special attention in my goodie goodie score and by the end of act 2 I was begging her to just blow up.

• Sad
Reactions: waterpanther7

HK-47

May 17, 2017
Yeah I don't see what the hype is all about. Tried it for over an hour and still don't like it, just hoping Steam will give me my refund. Much prefer Witcher 3.
I‘m super hesitant to buy it because I suspect I won’t either, seeing as how I absolutely loathed the Divinity games.

Hopefully it’ll get added to Xbox Game Pass eventually, so I can at least try it first before potentially wasting money on it.