How exactly does Art get made?

BlackAion

Nov 9, 2018
I am not new to this site or this game but when I bothered to actually read the text I noticed the demon's description doesn't match her art.

upload_2021-4-7_21-27-5.png

I understand the artists and programmers are always busy with their work, but I am wondering why this is?

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Artist interpretation.
Also the actual post doesn't line up with the question at all, which is How does art get made? Not "Why does the art not line up with descriptions" which is a dead horse by now.
As for how art gets made into the game: People draw a character or scene, and if the devs like it enough as a portrait/CG they might put it ingame.

SomeNobody

Dec 18, 2020
Good artists might actually have a HARDER time drawing ridiculously huge breasts, because usually when depicting ladies you are trying not to draw such anatomy cartoonishly immense, leading to over-correction.

Pictured is the MC of a community project that lead to me forming such a view, where there was often the case of people failing to capture the uh... full majesty... of the character when drawing.
Briana Breast Quest.png

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
It really comes down to artistic interpretation. I've known a few artists and at least one of them worked long term on an eroge. I'm not going to name names because, well, private reasons. Anyway, most of the artists I know hate having to draw large breasts because they're just a pain to deal with, they block out detail (imagine have a character being described as being ripped and having an awesome six pack, but its blocked by her ridiculously large breasts). Basically, its not fun for them.

Reactions: Anonarts

Anonarts

Jun 27, 2020
Good artists might actually have a HARDER time drawing ridiculously huge breasts, because usually when depicting ladies you are trying not to draw such anatomy cartoonishly immense, leading to over-correction.

Pictured is the MC of a community project that lead to me forming such a view, where there was often the case of people failing to capture the uh... full majesty... of the character when drawing.
This is a very common thing. It's easier to write up a character with ridicilous proportions because you don't have to picture how the anatomy would have to work. Even if subconsciously, a lot of artists that tend to gravitate towards even semi-realistic proportions will have problems drawing something like that. When I was drawing
elf Kas
for The Observer, he specifically asked me to make the breasts even bigger than her normal self. Can you imagine how titanic(pardon the pun) those breasts would have been if they were based on the size from her description?

Last edited:
Reactions: HeyJune

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016