How does it work?

Galgano

Aug 28, 2015
A few questions on how some systems work in TiTS. Since there are perks with the same name, if a check were to look for a perk, would it have to check for a specific version of one of those perks or does it just return true if any instance of that perk is in the perk list?

Also, does Dumb4Cum lower the max possible intelligence, then raise it back to normal after Steele drank cum? Or does it just lower intelligence and the user never has to drink cum, they can just bump intelligence back up through stat training?

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
My guess is that the name used in the code is different from what is displayed, such that multiple ones can have the same displayed name.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
If you're getting perks with the same name, that's a mistake. There should be a check to see if you already have a perk before giving it to you. Please tell me the perks because I'm genuinely curious and then them. Anyway, in case that happens, it would return true if you had 1 or more of that perk with the same name. Perks in the code have the same name and are only handled by name.

Also, no item lowers max intelligence, that would be brutal. Ang I'm pretty sure Fen is in the same boat as me where bimbos can be smart too.

If I'm wrong, ask based Jacques.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Did you meant maybe Inhuman Desire perks Galgano? For them there is a little complicated way how to make bonus to max lust been stacked from most of them. And I can't recall which one other perks may be gained form various items and have same/almost the same name ingame.

Galgano

Aug 28, 2015
Yeah, I was referring to inhuman desire. According to the wiki, there is both an inhuman desire that gets overwritten via dumbfuck, and an inhuman desire that, since it says it adds to any existing inhuman desire, I'm assuming doesn't get overwritten via the Treatment. There is also two versions of Androgyny: one that stays via Catnip and one that is race-removable via Foxfire/Frostfire.

The thing I was referring to was Dumb4Cum which is a perk. I was basically thinking that it's a worthless perk that, if it only lowers intelligence, doesn't do anything. Other perks have a permanent effect on the player. Now, I'm not saying that bimbos can't be smart, but you're (a general you, not you specifically) basically ignoring the entire mechanic and point of the perk. As it is right now, it's basically a forced TF item whose only effect is occasionally lowering your int score. It is subverted by natural play of the game. If the perk were to have something like a lower max intelligence when you don't take in semen but a higher max intelligence (i.e. 45 max at lvl 8) when you do, then the perk would actually be usable both as a combat perk and a role playing perk. You can still be smart and be a bimbo, you'll just "struggle" more since you have a physiology (is that the right word?) that craves cum to boost your intelligence. Does that make sense? Or did I talk in circles again?

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Oh yeah, Dumb4Cum does technically reduce max intelligence, but it's only temporary until you get more cum. It should also raise max intelligence if and when you do intake cum. Is it not doing that?

Only one perk can exist at a time, but it can be modified (like you said, added to). Actually, I've gotten two of a perk before in my Perks screen, but that was a long time ago so I'm pretty sure it was just a bug. Unless the same thing is happening to you in which case, show me.

Anyway, even if the Dumb4Cum perk isn't doing anything (and I'm pretty sure it is working), it would be fine as a role playing thing.

Galgano

Aug 28, 2015
I haven't actually used any of the aforementioned perks so I don't know rightly know if they are working correctly or not. I was just trying to figure out how those cases worked.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Wait so was your question answered or what? If not what is it again?

Galgano

Aug 28, 2015
All of my initial questions were but then I had a question about the Androgyny perk. One version looks to be permanent (Catnip) while the other version is tied to a racial score (Foxfire/Frostfire). I was just wondering if you can get both, do they overwrite each other and if you get the racial one, then the permanent version, will the permanent be lost if your racial score goes too low?

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
All of my initial questions were but then I had a question about the Androgyny perk. One version looks to be permanent (Catnip) while the other version is tied to a racial score (Foxfire/Frostfire). I was just wondering if you can get both, do they overwrite each other and if you get the racial one, then the permanent version, will the permanent be lost if your racial score goes too low?
The racial version is overwritten by the permanent version, and the permanent version cannot be overwritten by the racial version.