How do you save your file on Mac OS X?

purplehawke

Sep 2, 2016
I'm not in incognito but I lose all my save data when I close the window. I've tried downloading the game too but I can never open it and I can't find any ways to open the file type that actually works

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
• Many people default their browser to erasing their history, emptying their cache and so on every time they end a session. If you count yourself among the many, then this is deleting your saves.
• If you choose to download the game, ios the os may not automatically know how to open the file, so it freaks out and doesn't like it. Instead of double-clicking or right click>open, right click and either:
   -open with (and select your browser of choice).*
   -go to the mac properties equivalent and choose the default program to open it with (pick your browser of choice).*
      *But again, if your browser is gobbling your saves, this won't remedy that, as it still saves in the same general location. If you're wanting to continue through a browser, I suggest checking your browser settings.
• You do have two alternatives: you can download the mac flash projector here, and open the game with that. Or you can do any of the aforementioned, but just start using Save to File and choosing your own save location. Just note that the format created through Save to File can't be used to save edit. Save To File really is the best solution, as anything saved within your browser cache should be considered temporary at best, regardless of your settings. Your cache will eventually be emptied.

Last edited by a moderator:

PyrateHyena

Oct 13, 2015
• Many people default their browser to erasing their history, emptying their cache and so on every time they end a session. If you count yourself among the many, then this is deleting your saves.
• If you choose to download the game, ios may not automatically know how to open the file, so it freaks out and doesn't like it. Instead of double-clicking or right click>open, right click and either:
   -open with (and select your browser of choice).*
   -go to the mac properties equivalent and choose the default program to open it with (pick your browser of choice).*
      *But again, if your browser is gobbling your saves, this won't remedy that, as it still saves in the same general location. If you're wanting to continue through a browser, I suggest checking your browser settings.
• You do have two alternatives: you can download the mac flash projector here, and open the game with that. Or you can do any of the aforementioned, but just start using Save to File and choosing your own save location. Just note that the format created through Save to File can't be used to save edit. Save To File really is the best solution, as anything saved within your browser cache should be considered temporary at best, regardless of your settings. Your cache will eventually be emptied.

Mac OS X is not IOS. 'Save to file' option should fix your problem in the easiest manner.

Downloaded file can be opened with any browser that has flash enabled. On another thought, that might not solve the problem, because the browser of course retains its configurations and safe locations, so another fix might be to simply switch browser.

EDIT: That was basically what MESeele said... so, do that!

aaand "mac properties equivalent" is in this case the info page of the file (right click and 'information')

Last edited by a moderator: