How do herms pee in this universe?

Skylinegtr34

May 20, 2018
Just a random thing that popped into my mind, how do herms pee? And if the need to sit, how do the toilets fit large endowments like kiros or kelly?

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Don't think too hard about it.

Mad Dog

Jun 1, 2018
I'd imagine that Kiro and Kally would just plop their dicks over their lap. Kinda like having a soggy noodle on your leg, only thicker.

But that only works if they don't pee out their dicks. Otherwise they just get piss everywhere.

Skylinegtr34

May 20, 2018
I was thinking since taurs exist there would be special bathrooms made for them, so I’d imagine that the universe would know about herms, and have toilets designed for them as well

Reactions: Salomon
Feb 2, 2021
I was thinking since taurs exist there would be special bathrooms made for them, so I’d imagine that the universe would know about herms, and have toilets designed for them as well
Plus they're a couple thousand years in the future, using facilities designed for dozens of different races. I imagine they have toilets that make the three seashells look prosaic.

TheShepard256

For most humanoid herms, the exterior male genitals are located above their female equivalents, so if a herm were to urinate in the same manner as a female there would be a high chance of the urine getting splashed onto the testicles if present, and a lower (but still non-zero) chance of splashing on the penis otherwise. Urine is a waste product and thus has the potential to cause disease if it gets inside someone; while having it splash onto the male genitals doesn't have this risk unless there's a wound on said genitals, failing to wash it off afterwards carries a risk of future sexual interactions causing it to enter the mouth, urethra and/or vagina of one or more partners. Urinating in the same manner as a male would not carry such risks, so there would be an evolutionary pressure towards the latter method.

TL;DR what XBoxMaster131 said.

Of course, the answer would change for more exotic urogenital configurations. For example, any species with a cloaca would just pee out of that since the cloaca combines the urinary, anal and genital tracts into a single opening.

TheShepard256

the glory holes? I don’t remember it mention anything
The description of the restroom in question said:
The Kui Country Bar and Lodge has one enormous bathroom for all sexes, genders, and races, presumably part of a Vesperian equality initiative. The north wall has urinals positioned at a variety of heights to accommodate the various physical proportions of local males and herms. Stalls line the south side of the room, large enough for a centaur but equipped to handle the galaxy’s women with equal ease.
Incidentally, the second sentence proves the "herms pee like males" theory.

Skylinegtr34

May 20, 2018
Well, it’s been a while since I played, so herms urine from both organs separately then in this universe?

Feb 2, 2021
Well, it’s been a while since I played, so herms urine from both organs separately then in this universe?
That would be messy.

It's not inconceivable that with some Kegel flexing, they could pick which exit their urine takes - but i think, for simplicity sake, assuming the male appendage the default is the better course.

Likewise, if someone has multiple dicks (Kelly, Shizuya, etc) only one of them is linked to the bladder.

Kind of a moot point since watersports are on the black list, unless someone's writing fan fiction...

Skylinegtr34

May 20, 2018
That would be messy.

It's not inconceivable that with some Kegel flexing, they could pick which exit their urine takes - but i think, for simplicity sake, assuming the male appendage the default is the better course.

Likewise, if someone has multiple dicks (Kelly, Shizuya, etc) only one of them is linked to the bladder.

Kind of a moot point since watersports are on the black list, unless someone's writing fan fiction...

I meant that each organ pees from the other, but that would be weird, but as far multi dicked npcs, would all the dick able to pee at the same time? I also see your point if a herm was born with a dick like a tanuki, and she would give herself another dick, the one that she was born with, would be the one tied to the bladder

Feb 2, 2021
Due to the magical clusterfuck in the universe no one ever actually goes to the bathroom, its just whisked away by the outhouse faeries so it does not interrupt exploration, sexual conquest and the deliverance of sweet justice. (though iirc there was one npc that mentions having to take a leak) =p
I was gonna make a comment about how your nanites can convert your waste to nutrients and restrooms are unnecessary... but the presence of restrooms on Canadia and Breedwell would indicate that's hardly universal.

Reactions: Salomon

Salomon

Jun 17, 2019
Curitiba, Paraná, Brasil
It has already been said that herms have prostates! And since it is normally located just below the bladder, with the urethra passing through it, it would make sense that the urine would be spilled through the penis, in addition to being more practical and hygienic! (unless you have kidney stones, because at that time the man feels worse than the pain of childbirth!)

Reactions: DJ_Arashi_Rora