How come I can no longer tweak my hip and butt size in the save file?

Katcher12

Mar 2, 2017
Started a fresh save since I lost my old one so I decided to delve into the newly made save file with Notepad++ to tweak my character's values as much as I could remember and I've noticed I can't tweak my butt and hip sizes(tone too for that matter). How come I can't do that anymore? Is a better system being worked on or something like that?

Upcast Drake

May 27, 2017
Southeast USA
This isn't a bug. Any values that are the same as a character's defaults are no longer written to saves. For example, say there is a character that you can only give new powers. Rather than saving every single value for the character, I only need to save the powers and can use the defaults to fill in the rest on load. This reduces the amount of space each persistent character takes up by a lot and will ensure that saves don't bloat once there are many stateful characters. You can manually add the fields and values back to the save file if you want.

P.S. Save editing isn't supported. It's allowed, but it's not supported. Meaning save-editing support doesn't go into design decisions.

Katcher12

Mar 2, 2017
This isn't a bug. Any values that are the same as a character's defaults are no longer written to saves. For example, say there is a character that you can only give new powers. Rather than saving every single value for the character, I only need to save the powers and can use the defaults to fill in the rest on load. This reduces the amount of space each persistent character takes up by a lot and will ensure that saves don't bloat once there are many stateful characters. You can manually add the fields and values back to the save file if you want.

That makes sense. Thanks. Was just curious as to why those values were missing compared to previous versions.