How big is Hawkethorne?

Mad Dog

Jun 1, 2018
Like what's the population? At first, I thought it was some small hamlet with like a population < 100. But it seems much bigger.

FerrusAxel

Aug 10, 2020
It's said to be a pretty quiet place... if you ignore the constant fucking in the Frost Hound... but it seems to be a pretty populated place.
We don't have an official number though so your guess is as good as any, maybe like 500? I'm just spitballing a number though

Lukistr

Mar 18, 2019
It's big enough that the Kitsune who number some 100 families if I remember right don't want to mess with them at all. So probably a bit bigger then 500 but that is just a guess.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
I think it's mentioned somewhere as being about 1000 people, if you count the farms/etc. around it (being part of the same community and all).

It's big enough that the Kitsune who number some 100 families if I remember right don't want to mess with them at all
Hawkthorne also has the immense advantage of not only a wall but a castle, which is why nobody wants to mess with the town directly. I don't think any of the nearby factions, even the orcs, have the manpower to go up against a bucketload of angry peasant bowmen on top of stone walls lead by a bunch of adventurers.

Salomon

Jun 17, 2019
Curitiba, Paraná, Brasil
I don't know the exact number, but I imagine that there must still be a smaller population than it had in Ingnam, since it is necessary to have a good number of people to be able to "voluntarily" send a "Champion" through the portal every years!
In Hawkethorne, I remember that it was said that people usually disappear every year in that region, always around the same time, but that many times this happened to a passing traveler or they simply blamed the forest beasts!
Not to mention that it would be difficult for a village to maintain a large population in an environment as rigid as the Frost Marches!
All this, of course, would be before our arrival, since even if you maintained a monogamous relationship with the beautiful innkeeper's daughter, you would still have a battalion of puppies running around.