is this a poll?

• no it's a pigeon

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • no it's a butterfly

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

jujuteux

Jul 5, 2018
i've been thinking about it for a whooping 3 minutes! NEW RECORD!
how about some line of codes that detects "s and color the text between it in some other color than the same white used

example:

he thought about that idea and yote "PANCAKES!" to the waiter, wich yelled "FOR THE GODDAMN FIFTH TIME THIS IS AN URANIUM MINE HERE NOT A RESTAURANT! GET BACK TO WORK OR YOU ARE FIRED!"
to:
he thought about that idea and yote "PANCAKES!" to the waiter, wich yelled "FOR THE GODDAMN FIFTH TIME THIS IS AN URANIUM MINE HERE NOT A RESTAURANT! GET BACK TO WORK OR YOU ARE FIRED!"

i gotta say it could be cool, and maybe change a bit the boldened text for important events to make it appear more to the rushing player

ShySquare

Sep 3, 2015
That could be useful for people who have trouble reading, I think, but then which color should we use?

I mean, TiTS color palette doesn't make it very easy to find a color that'll be both readable and aesthetically pleasing

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
This would be very easy to do, just do a string replace using a string of unknown length surrounded by quotes.

@Jacques00 could add regex to the parser.

jujuteux

Jul 5, 2018
I thought the whole reason that there is no quotation marks in TiTS is because it would mess with the code.
well there are "s in the dialogues so i guess they fixed it if it had problems with it
That could be useful for people who have trouble reading, I think, but then which color should we use?

I mean, TiTS color palette doesn't make it very easy to find a color that'll be both readable and aesthetically pleasing
i would guess either a cyan/light blue might do or the violet they used but a bit lighter

and maybe for the important events, adding a lightly bluer white or even some yellow
for example:
you decide to use this unknown intravenal applicator on you "i guess it can't be that bad". moments later, your reflexes increases extraordinarly! ...for ten seconds then nothing
to:
you decide to use this unknown intravenal applicator on you "i guess it can't be that bad". moments later, your reflexes increases extraordinarly! ...for ten seconds then nothing
or:

Last edited:

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
In my opinion, it sounds easy in theory, but in practice... it's a lot harder to implement and preserve a consistency. A regex applied to the end of the output function would do the trick, but it can't really parse from "quote" text and "descriptive" text, so it might be better if it was something applied manually... which would probably take a million years.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Do you mean something like:

You see a sign with the word "Danger" but Danger is in quotes.

Where the quotes aren't dialogue? Yeah that wouldn't be doable unless the game was coded from the start to differentiate dialogue. Sorry juju.

B

Creator
Jul 13, 2016
While that's a fair concern, there's so little descriptive text compared to dialogue that the trade might be worth it? And in fact it could be called a feature, if something is important enough to be described in quotes.

And if you really cared that much, you could try and get people to report off-coloured descriptive text as bugs.

Upcast Drake

May 27, 2017
Southeast USA
While that's a fair concern, there's so little descriptive text compared to dialogue that the trade might be worth it? And in fact it could be called a feature, if something is important enough to be described in quotes.

And if you really cared that much, you could try and get people to report off-coloured descriptive text as bugs.
The issue is the color would be built into the parser itself, not the text. It's basically a rule in the parser that says "make text between quotes this color", so you can't change it for specific instances.

What might work is a global find and replace with a regex. Find: <i>"(.*)"</i> Replace: <colortag><i>"$1"</i></colortag>