How 2 build Tank?

ImperiusMain3456

Dec 17, 2020
I am not usually good at building characters, all the stat calculation and strategy seems to escape me. I want to build a tank and have chosen all the traits for my character to become one. I know I should invest skill points to toughness but I am not sure about actual skills. currenty I have the starting skills for a Warrior and the recharge 2 skill Warcry. Any tips for upcoming skills I should get or the Meta for tanks? Gear suggestions would also be nice.

Titanio

Aug 15, 2020
I am not usually good at building characters, all the stat calculation and strategy seems to escape me. I want to build a tank and have chosen all the traits for my character to become one. I know I should invest skill points to toughness but I am not sure about actual skills. currenty I have the starting skills for a Warrior and the recharge 2 skill Warcry. Any tips for upcoming skills I should get or the Meta for tanks? Gear suggestions would also be nice.
If you wanna be a full tank, try skills that gives you more defensive buffs or generarte Threat. Guard stance and dominance are great examples

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015

Invest in Toughness. Agility is a good 2nd option both because you dodge more AND you hit more.
Get as much Armor as you can off gear. Evasion is a 2nd best stat.
Get a Shield. Literally any shield. They make you immune to critical hits.
Take powers that mention Threat generation. You want the little gem in the corner of your character card to be red as much as possible.
Also attack enemies as much as possible. Nothing generates Threat faster that big damage hits or sweeping area attacks. You can't sit passively behind your shield or the damage dealers will steal all your Threat.

ImperiusMain3456

Dec 17, 2020
Invest in Toughness. Agility is a good 2nd option both because you dodge more AND you hit more.
Get as much Armor as you can off gear. Evasion is a 2nd best stat.
Get a Shield. Literally any shield. They make you immune to critical hits.
Take powers that mention Threat generation. You want the little gem in the corner of your character card to be red as much as possible.
Also attack enemies as much as possible. Nothing generates Threat faster that big damage hits or sweeping area attacks. You can't sit passively behind your shield or the damage dealers will steal all your Threat.
So, my skill points should be somthing like 10 points in toughness, 7 in Agility, and everything else around 5-6. Also do certain weapons have sweeping area attacks or is it just skills. I bought the most expensive sword, so I should be fine on the big damage hits. Thanks for the help.

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
Just skills do sweeping attacks.

Also, don't worry so much about price, rather, the stats that the weapon you use has.

SomeNobody

Dec 18, 2020
I began the game with my character as a warrior and use a sword + shield, but honestly offence tends to be a superior way of fighting than trying to tank.

Seems better to use techniques that are strong attacks to nuke the enemy rather than waste time blocking.

Alfenjeiser02

Jan 1, 2020
My recommendations

Skills

Guarded stance/Shielded Stance/Mirror Stance: Choose the one you want of the three

Bark Skin: Important is the best measure to fight against enemies that cause the bleeding effect

Equipment

Mandatory to have a Shield Of Brawn shield: it is one of the best physical shields so far

HornedHelm: Special Effect: You generate 20% more Threat.

(Very important) Get seal clothes like Seaweave Boyshorts or its variants: Special Effect: Grants immunity to Sundered.

Mare's Ring: Special Effect: You restore 5% of your max HP each round in combat.

The rest I leave you at your discretion

I have managed to face strong enemies even without companions, although prepare for long battles of numerous turns, the only weakness of my construction is the Tease attacks, here I recommend that you use restorative items or the best ability of Quintillus that resolves and relieves the Awakened

Attachments

• FFFF.PNG
    FFFF.PNG
    174.3 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

KAZEARC

Aug 26, 2020
london
My recommendations

Skills

Guarded stance/Shielded Stance/Mirror Stance: Choose the one you want of the three

Bark Skin: Important is the best measure to fight against enemies that cause the bleeding effect

Equipment

Mandatory to have a Shield Of Brawn shield: it is one of the best physical shields so far

HornedHelm: Special Effect: You generate 20% more Threat.

(Very important) Get seal clothes like Seaweave Boyshorts or its variants: Special Effect: Grants immunity to Sundered.

Mare's Ring: Special Effect: You restore 5% of your max HP each round in combat.

The rest I leave you at your discretion

I have managed to face strong enemies even without companions, although prepare for long battles of numerous turns, the only weakness of my construction is the Tease attacks, here I recommend that you use restorative items or the best ability of Quintillus that resolves and relieves the Awakened

all works aside from the shield and ring. ring is a romance thing witch depending on the person you will have or not. and the shield you can us if you are a female as it makes you more masculine. you can just remove them with shit but that is long for doing it after every fight.

ring yes its good but i dont want to marry someone to get it. don't change the fact that it is good.
shield hoplon or runic is good bassed on what you want to go.

Alfenjeiser02

Jan 1, 2020
all works aside from the shield and ring. ring is a romance thing witch depending on the person you will have or not. and the shield you can us if you are a female as it makes you more masculine. you can just remove them with shit but that is long for doing it after every fight.

ring yes its good but i dont want to marry someone to get it. don't change the fact that it is good.
shield hoplon or runic is good bassed on what you want to go.

It is my recommendation from a more efficient point of view, according to my experience, nobody forces you to do anything in the same way that I, being Thief, do not use the cursed ring that gives you huge Boobs although it increases your critic very much a lot but in that case I chose the background of my person that efficiency again nobody forces you is a recommendation based on my experience also I never said that it had to be precisely that shield you can have substitute items to the one I have mentioned

Last edited:

Shion

Feb 5, 2017
It is my recommendation from a more efficient point of view, according to my experience, nobody forces you to do anything in the same way that I, being Thief, do not use the cursed ring that gives you huge Boobs although it increases your critic very much a lot but in that case I chose the background of my person that efficiency again nobody forces you is a recommendation based on my experience also I never said that it had to be precisely that shield you can have substitute items to the one I have mentioned
You literally called the shield mandatory.

If you want to go for a tank try out the javelin, it gives you not only +10 evasion, but also access to ranged powers. There is an early encounter that attacks everyone, gives you extra threat and buffs your companions. Great choice for a tank.

Alfenjeiser02

Jan 1, 2020
You literally called the shield mandatory.

If you want to go for a tank try out the javelin, it gives you not only +10 evasion, but also access to ranged powers. There is an early encounter that attacks everyone, gives you extra threat and buffs your companions. Great choice for a tank.
I said that having a shield was mandatory, not one in particular, I apologize that I misspelled it

Upcast Drake

May 27, 2017
Southeast USA
What about a sexy tank?
toughness, presence, agility/willpower/cunning
Use shield of your choice.
Use best in slot charmer powers, maybe a tank stance (guarded stance/shielded stance/mirror stance) if you want to be "Tank" instead of "Tanky".
Use Quin/Atugia/Bimbo Azzy companions.

Basically the quick-hack to being a tank is maxing toughness and taking a shield. Using stances and gear that increase threat is bonus points, but remember that the best way to gain threat in the first place is doing lots of damage. It's always a balancing act.

Reactions: cobra

SomeNobody

Dec 18, 2020

I equipped the seaweave clothing for that reason but as of the most recent Steam update I've been hit by sundering attacks and been inflicted with the status effect, is it bugged?

Last edited:

SomeNobody

Dec 18, 2020
Maybe I'll try taking it off and putting them back on then testing it out again.

Alfenjeiser02

Jan 1, 2020
Maybe I'll try taking it off and putting them back on then testing it out again.
Keep in mind that in the description they say that they give you great immunity, perhaps there is a small percentage of suffering it, apart from the boyshorts, I have the Seaweave Shaman's Cape, perhaps the more pieces, the less posssibility you have.

SomeNobody

Dec 18, 2020
Keep in mind that in the description they say that they give you great immunity, perhaps there is a small percentage of suffering it, apart from the boyshorts, I have the Seaweave Shaman's Cape, perhaps the more pieces, the less posssibility you have.
They might want to change the description in that case, "Immunity" is a strong term.

Though to be fair I thought it weird that underpants would protect your armour from being sundered.

Reactions: Paradox01

Alfenjeiser02

Jan 1, 2020
They might want to change the description in that case, "Immunity" is a strong term.

Though to be fair I thought it weird that underpants would protect your armour from being sundered.
Yeap I just checked it, I took off my cape leaving only my underwear and this time it affected meFFFFFFFFFFF.PNG