Hexblade Weapon Help

wallysquid93

Feb 21, 2019
So I am fiddling with a hexblade near identical copy with Cait's Hexblade power set with the exceptions of two powers which is Blue Flame Blade and Banishment instead of Charge Weapon and her Res ability (Did have Assassin at one point but despite the 500+ attack power it would hit as hard or even less than Smite Evil which practically one shots pretty much everything for me or puts them on death door with buff, found banishment far more useful.). Doing some pretty amazing damage output with a 17 strength, 17 Agility, and 20 Willpower Thief compared too my pure mage build I had previously and will probably change some powers in the future.

The issue is I play TiTs far more than Coc so I am still trying to get my bearings a bit. My one concern is weapon sets, currently I am running a Sanctified Gladius and Blank Scroll and this gives me stat buffs equivalent too a Spiraled Staff with the exception of 5 less Spell Pen and 5 more Crit n Armor Pen. Is there a better combo or do you think thats fairly reasonable combo to have?

Keep in mind I am building for a more melee focus and my more damaging powers require melee. I don't mind not being a meta build just an optimal one for what I am playing as. Thanks for any help :)

Reactions: Lone Wolf115

wallysquid93

Feb 21, 2019
What are your stats?
Which ones specifically? I am currently a 17 strength, 17 Agility, and 20 Willpower Thief. Originally a Black Mage with 17 Agility, 17 Cunning, and 20 Willpower.

As far as offensive details: Attack Power 71, Spell Power 95, Sexiness 41, Accuracy 44, Armor Pen 22, Spell Pen 27, Temptation, 17, Crit Chance 17 (27 w weapon)

Last edited:

VerySexyGrammar

Aug 27, 2015
Shield Orb could be a defensive alternative to the Blank Scroll. It's got no Accuracy bonus and -10 Crit, but it also has +10 Evasion and because it's a Shield it makes you immune to crits, a major advantage when you're wearing low-armor Spellpower gear (and obviously the Tiran priest robe is super tempting for that even though it's an awful choice in Undermountain since everything hits so damn hard).

For your main weapon, the Control Rod could be an alternative to the Sanctified Gladius (you get 5 less ArmorPen and 10 less Evasion, but get a better damage percentage/type, 5 more Crit, 5 more Spellpower and 5 more SpellPen) but that shit is hard-gated behind a lot of content that not every character can access. I've never had it and most likely never will. Shame because it's the best caster main hand in the game. But if you're just buffing and hitting the SpellPen is irrelevant and the Sanctified Gladius is a fine choice.

wallysquid93

Feb 21, 2019
Shield Orb could be a defensive alternative to the Blank Scroll. It's got no Accuracy bonus and -10 Crit, but it also has +10 Evasion and because it's a Shield it makes you immune to crits, a major advantage when you're wearing low-armor Spellpower gear (and obviously the Tiran priest robe is super tempting for that even though it's an awful choice in Undermountain since everything hits so damn hard).

For your main weapon, the Control Rod could be an alternative to the Sanctified Gladius (you get 5 less ArmorPen and 10 less Evasion, but get a better damage percentage/type, 5 more Crit, 5 more Spellpower and 5 more SpellPen) but that shit is hard-gated behind a lot of content that not every character can access. I've never had it and most likely never will. Shame because it's the best caster main hand in the game. But if you're just buffing and hitting the SpellPen is irrelevant and the Sanctified Gladius is a fine choice.
That's an interesting combination so I will keep that one in mind hmmmm. I do have access to the control rod so that shouldn't be an issue, thanks for the info. Didn't even think to look at shields at all honestly.

wallysquid93

Feb 21, 2019

Got that combo now, it is amazing thank you.