Help with Sadism & Masochism

AHornyPanda

Apr 5, 2017
Canada
Hellooo!

Something I feel is missing from TITS is an S&M mechanic and perks.

So, I decided to do it myself. But I'm only human, so I can't find all the scenes by myself and I'm bound to miss a couple anyways. and that's where YOUUuuu come in!

Comment in this thread the exact scenes you think will fit and why.
Make sure you check no one posted them before.
Specify whether they are S or M.

I'll review them and work them into my plans. A scene will fit under these conditions:

MASOCHISM

• Has any sort of spanking/slapping/roughly shoving into hard surfaces/etc.
  • Has descriptions of how painful an action or position is
SADISM
  • Has Steele spanking/slapping/roughly shoving into hard surfaces/etc someone.
  • Has Steele enjoy watching/making someone struggle in one way or another

The intensity of the scene will be considered when it is added to the mechanic, so don't worry about it. I had started working on the Masochism perk a while back and posted it in the forums. link here (<----- READ THIS FOR MORE INFO). It has a detailed description of how I envision the whole mechanic will work. I'll also update the thread when I update the doc.

Finally, please don't discuss how you want the mechanic to work here. I'd rather we don't get side tracked.

Thank you! :D

Last edited:

Shambler

Jun 11, 2017
(Note that these opinions comes from a person who is what some would call a 'meta-whore' who attempts to play the game optimally and min-max in most scenarios.)

EDIT: Removed my silly (and incorrect) opinions and decided to go on what I actually know, balancing issues.

Primary issue, if this idea were to be accepted you have a flat 20% resist to ALL damage, due to how armor works, and how other resistances are handled, youd either need to make it stack multiplicatively (which will be a whole lot of fucking mess), or additively which would make getting a nigh 100% resistance to some damage types easily possible.

Masochism and sadism in CoC could only work due to the fact there was a way to lower lust in combat (pure peach), In TiTs this would be a trap option to the EXTREME, as you'd screw yourself over quickly and would no longer be able to support a longer fight. This would mean any multi hit enemies would obliderate you and boss fights could be made unwinnablable.

Last edited:

AHornyPanda

Apr 5, 2017
Canada
First, It should only be like one or two lines of codes to update the counters.

Second,
The intensity of the scene will be considered when it is added to the mechanic, so don't worry about it. I had started working on the Masochism perk a while back and posted it in the forums. link here. It has a detailed description of how I envision the whole mechanic will work. I'll also update the thread when I update the doc.

Finally, please don't discuss how you want the mechanic to work here. I'd rather we don't get side tracked.

It looks like you did not read this part. Check the link for more info and then raise the questions pls.

Shambler

Jun 11, 2017
First, It should only be like one or two lines of codes to update the counters.

Second,
Edited my post, after reading it. And I can say I am more adamantly against it then ever.

AHornyPanda

Apr 5, 2017
Canada
Ok, it is optional and fenco can balance it however they see fit. Thank you for the input.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
@Shambler: You don't know what you're talking about, lol.

A: Yeah, no. When Fen made the cum-soaked system he went back and added a few lines of code to every scene that would need it. Even came on to ask people for scenes he missed, just like AHP. It was annoying, sure, but not astronomically hard.

B: You really need to go out of your way to get certain perks like Exhibition and Venom Slut. Not only do you need to do trigger many scenes back to back, but you also need to watch out for the cooldown. Fen made Venom Slut this way and AHP made Exhibition (which she also submitted and was approved, by the way) this way because they both knew not everyone would be into them. Just like AHP is doing now.

C: We already have combat perks like the Submission perk, please do your research.

D: What does this perk have anything to do with dommes? This is funny because you also said "A better idea would be to forget the mechanics and perks idea, and write an S&M based character. As that won't require an entire fucking overhaul.". Anyone who gets this perk wants to progress through neat new blurbs and maybe get access to some new scenes. Stop trying to get people to write NPCs for you. This is a simple perk, not an overhaul. More complicated things have been added.

Reactions: Nik_van_Rijn

Shambler

Jun 11, 2017
Ok, it is optional and fenco can balance it however they see fit. Thank you for the input.
Alright let me make the two main reasons I don't want this in EXTRA clear,

A. Damage resistance values are fairly fucked, and this is a flat value that has to check with all other resist values from armor. This could be fixed by making it an armor value like bark skin. It would be a balancing nightmare.

B. This is a pure disadvantage in most regards because there is no easy way to lower lust in combat, meaning that having these perks will quickly mean selling yourself for defeat against any longer fight.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Both of those are things Fen will balance. Combat mechanics are not something for writers to worry about. In fact, most of the time Fen will make drastic changes on his own during the coding process (his words, not mine).

Shambler

Jun 11, 2017
@Shambler: You don't know what you're talking about, lol.

A: Yeah, no. When Fen made the cum-soaked system he went back and added a few lines of code to every scene that would need it. Even came on to ask people for scenes he missed, just like AHP. It was annoying, sure, but not astronomically hard.

B: You really need to go out of your way to get certain perks like Exhibition and Venom Slut. Not only do you need to do trigger many scenes back to back, but you also need to watch out for the cooldown. Fen made Venom Slut this way and AHP made Exhibition (which she also submitted and was approved, by the way) this way because they both knew not everyone would be into them. Just like AHP is doing now.

C: We already have combat perks like the Submission perk, please do your research.

D: What does this perk have anything to do with dommes? This is funny because you also said "A better idea would be to forget the mechanics and perks idea, and write an S&M based character. As that won't require an entire fucking overhaul.". Anyone who gets this perk wants to progress through neat new blurbs and maybe get access to some new scenes. Stop trying to get people to write NPCs for you. This is a simple perk, not an overhaul. More complicated things have been added.
Realised that I did a bad, but my issues with the perk in and of itself still stands.

AHornyPanda

Apr 5, 2017
Canada
Thank you @noobsaleh, you worded that better than I would have.

@Shambler , you don't have to like it. IF it gets in you will be able to ignore it.

Now can we all stop discussing how the mechanic will work and stick to scenes... please...

Keto

Jun 19, 2017
Obligatory Sera and Inessa scene post (and the collar scene and "pet training store" on Uveto).

Reactions: ShySquare

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
Is there even the slightest hope this will be implemented though?

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Is there even the slightest hope this will be implemented though?
If it does, I'd assume it wouldn't carry any gameplay effects. Forcing min/maxers into specific kinks is... problematic, for lack of a better term.

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
If it does, I'd assume it wouldn't carry any gameplay effects. Forcing min/maxers into specific kinks is... problematic, for lack of a better term.
They successfully got exhibitionism in already. Hopefully that serves as some establishing precedent.

So basically there'd be a handful of gated scenes for high scores of either subby or dom Steeles but otherwise just be some numbers to tick up?

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Yeah I'm sure it'll get in but its effects on combat will be minimal. Sorry @AHornyPanda but that's Fen's policy on combat perks. I used the Submission/Peace of Mind perk as an example but it doesn't affect stats.

With that said, I myself am commissioning a huge project that uses the perks so...yay?

AHornyPanda

Apr 5, 2017
Canada
Yeah, if it gets in it will be mostly like exhibitionism. Some special scenes. Some special variations if added.

I don't care how much it affects combat, that's up to fen. I'll be happy even if it's just a minor flavour effect.

Also I did not do all of the exhibitionism mechanic. Just the perk and the public stripping. Don't overestimate me pls.

Also, @Ethereal Dragon it's good to be back :D

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
what does Peace of Mind even do?

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Increases your minimum lust to at least 20, makes it so you can't say no to the Bothrioc or Jerynn, has minor effects on scenes at Gene's store and Vava Groom.

Probably more I'm forgetting.