Help! Smutosaur is Being Stupid!

Arcane Howitzer

Jan 8, 2016
I'm trying to access one of the wikis over on Smutosaur, but it keeps asking if I'm over 18 (I am, in case you were wondering 8P). and it's not just doing it every time I go there or open a new page; I literally can't even click on anything before it shunts me back to the big orange screen with a yes or no question. It does this no matter how many times I click "yes" or what page I try to open up.

How do you even report a bug on a wiki that won't let you use it?

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Then your browser is doing something weird with the cookie that the site uses to remember the fact that you've accepted the age gate check.

Mayhaps you could try to include some relevant information, such as what browser you're using, along with any plugins that you've got installed for it.

Arcane Howitzer

Jan 8, 2016
I'm using Chrome, and I'm not quite sure what you mean by "plugins," but I don't believe I've ever installed anything to alter the browser itself, and certainly not since the last time I accessed Smutosaur, which was a few weeks ago at most.

In fact, the only thing I can think of that could have caused this is some weirdness that happened while I was messing with the computer's set calendar date to cheat at an idle/clicker game. Windows suddenly decided to restart on its own, and when it came back up I had to log back into everything from image sites to Youtube, and some of those can't seem to remember when I change certain settings either.

Last edited by a moderator:

hatternumber0

Aug 27, 2015
Try clearing your cookies. In Settings > History, click 'Clear browsing data...'

Select 'The beginning of Time', tick 'Cookies' and then 'Clear browsing data'

You'll have to relog into all your accounts again though, but it'll reset any info you have about smutosaur and it'll treat you like a new user.

Arcane Howitzer

Jan 8, 2016
Okay, it turns out my computer decided it didn't want me doing anything until it rammed through some stupidly big update. Everything is working fine once again.

Other1

May 11, 2016
I was having the same problem, it looks like a bug. The problem is, that the site isn't properly creating (or, therefore, setting) the age cookie. So when you click yes, it just reverts back to the same page (unless you cancel the load right before it redirects to the age check page). It is, ageCheck with value 1, host wiki.smutosaur.us. I don't think it has anything to do with updates, resets or clearing cookies. I only fixed it by inspecting the source, and copying and manually executing setCookie('ageCheck','1',365,QueryString.url); in the Firefox console. Only then was the cookie created. If I remove ageCheck, it reverts to the unusable behavior.