Help needed with a Masochist Tank (?) Build

Deathspacito

Nov 7, 2023
I'm embarking on a new playthrough of the game, and this time, I'm diving into the corruption route. Inspired by Darkness from the anime "Konosuba", I'm aiming to create a character that subverts the typical tank archetype.

For those unfamiliar, Darkness looks like a heroic knight at first glance, that has an unwavering dedication to protecting her party members, but she is actually a masochistic pervert who feels pleasure with pain and humiliation. I'm looking to emulate her resilience and masochistic tendencies in my build.

However, I could use some guidance on how to best achieve this in-game. Are there specific skills, equipment, or strategies that would complement this playstyle? I don't want my character to be a complete dead weight.

The Build idea so far:
-Choker of the Pain Slut is a must. The wiki states: "When the wielder is hit by a physical critical hit, 30% of the bonus critical damage is converted to Tease damage, and the remaining 70% of the bonus critical damage is negated entirely."

Luckily, there is a way to guarantee a critical hit. In the explanation of Attack Avoidance, from my understanding, if I have Physical Resistance low enough the enemy will always Crit. From this I come to the conclusion that I should focus on gear that gives primarily focus and little to no physical resistances. However... I am a little lost on how to achieve this.

-Corrupted Dawnsword is a no brainer, as it not only fits thematically for a corruption playthrough but because of the negative stats it gives.

-Flames Within fits thematically + it is just a dope ability

-Mirror Stance is the ultimate expression of masochism and the extra threat makes enemies target my character more.

I assume my stats would be Presence, Strength and Willpower.
Past that, I have no idea on what to select. What about the armor? Would the new Secutor Set be of any help? Which of the classes would be best for this? I am fine with compromises as long as the core of using and utilizing "Choker of the Pain Slut" remains intact.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

tenor-darkness.gif

Loveless

May 29, 2022
Luckily, there is a way to guarantee a critical hit. In the explanation of Attack Avoidance, from my understanding, if I have Physical Resistance low enough the enemy will always Crit. From this I come to the conclusion that I should focus on gear that gives primarily focus and little to no physical resistances. However... I am a little lost on how to achieve this.
You understood it wrong. The Crit calculation is an Evasion vs Accuracy check so if you want to be critically hit more often you'd want equipment that lowers your evasion. Unfortunately there aren't a whole lot of them. The biggest one would be the Giant's Breastplate which gives a whopping -50 Evasion, which combined with Bessy Mauler and Ranger's Stance adds up to frankly disgusting -75 Evasion making you pretty much a statue. Which you can lean into by roleplaying your Champ as a Gargoyle (which would explain how they can eat so much damage). You also should stay far away from using shields since equiping one makes you crit immune. Try not to put points into Agility which would increase your Evasion but since lacking Agility would mean you have low Accuracy use powers that can't miss like Warcry, or that give huge amounts of bonus Accuracy like Sure Shot. Ignore Cunning and Agility and dump all your stats to Strength, Toughness and Presence.

Reactions: Deathspacito