HELP! How do the mechanics work??!

MagicGal

Aug 15, 2023
Right above the center of your Dreams
So on Sunday, I tried my hand at playing TiTs for the first time and I think I botched my build (Kineticist) and got fed up with Transformations.
so Im asking for some thorough assistance for the following (also the Wiki sucks):

• Detailed breakdown of how Stats work in both story and combat
  • Ships and how they work on their own and with stats
  • How to narrow down Transformations, really wanted Dick tentacles n a Tongue tentacle with the demon eyes but fucking hell is it annoying to nail down. It works Ludonarritively that using mutations is difficult but must it be frustrating to actual use? I'm building a Griffith, Femto (Berserk)/ Tetsuo (Akira)
  • Class breakdown and potential builds

Suggestions and/or opinions are all welcome, even your own exp is welcome.

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Stats are mostly irrelevant in story, although certain options will be locked out if your stats are too low. High is usually better than low, although sometimes specific scenes may be locked behind low stats: you'll basically never lose to Syri at games and thus won't see her loss scene if your Aim is high, for instance, and Amazon Reaha has a scene where you give her a blowjob that requires you to not have high Physique.

Combat-wise:
  • If you're a Mercenary, take Physique or Aim or maybe both. Willpower with whatever points are left.
  • If you're a Smuggler, take Reflexes and then either Aim or Physique.
  • If you're a Tech, take Aim and Intelligence.
  • If you're a Kineticist, take Willpower and Physique. Kineticists only have dedicated melee weapons, not ranged ones, and their melee weapons have the Crushing flag which pairs with their ability to inflict the Deep Freeze debuff with some of their powers.

If you really want to be optimal, it's possible to get all stats to maximum by using stat trainers, but if you're willing to do that then just save edit your stats to maximum.

For ships, you just want a gun that works well on Shields and a gun that works on Armor. Energy weapons work best on Shields, kinetic weapons on Armor. Turn off the weapon that doesn't work on the type of bar you're currently attacking. Using more than one weapon per turn will drain your energy unless you have a lot of Power Core Tuners.

For transformations, your only real option most of the time is to save before each item application and reload if you don't get the results you like. Certain transformatives like Catnip will give you better fine control, so use those last.

orange64

Jan 16, 2022
I do feel your pain when it comes down to wanting one type of transformations. but is like playing bingo and you have no Idea what you are going to get out of it.

that's why I like coc2's way of picking what part of your body do you want to change.

as to how tits has it as, only some of them can do that. but all of them can't give you the thing you want so badly.
leading up to save scumming to get the best outcome for your builds.

But for your: Griffith, Femto, Tetsuo build.

1: Go human. there are addons latter on that you can get!. like on Tavros. there is a hair salon that you can go to. they can give you the long white glowing hair that you want. or just long white hair. some hair colors are level locked or not in the free to play version of the game.

2: Get Kineticist. it will be hared at first to do much with them, but it will pay off at level two! From there, you should have a good time

3: there is a black armor in the game that you can get. one on a Halloween event on Mhen'ga. or one you can find on a side quest with Kara on Myrellion just don't mess up and have her taken away when she asks you to distract someone.

3: there's a gym on New Texas called the Ten Ton Gym. it cast credits to use it. just save up 10,000 credits to get the life time pass to get in. buff up your Physique Reflexes and Aim. when you get a level up. put it all into Willpower and Intelligence for Kineticist as that's your mane two stats. what ever points you are left over with. you can put it into what ever stats you have.

4: the only gray armor I can think of that will fit your build. is (Nova) the gray goo armor. that you can upgrade over time.

5: as much as the wiki is not helpful at time. is better then having nothing to work with. if you come across a transformative that may brake your build. best to looks at the wiki first to see what your getting into.

I hope this was helpful for you. have fun!~ :D

Edit: 02/08/ 2024. sorry on my end on the grimmer!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: MagicGal

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Those are some fairly big questions.

1. Your starting stats are so low their exact values don't really matter.
2. You get 13 points every time you level up. They can be distributed as you like, but it's recommended you choose 2 stats to max and one to keep high rather than distribute them evenly.
3. You can also train to increase your stats. It's possible to max out all of them this way.
4. Don't put your Affinity in any stat you intend to raise primarily through Level Up points.
5. Because of diminishing returns, it's most efficient to train, then use your points.
6. If your Armor/Undergarments have high Resolve, you can save some points in Willpower.
7. Many status attacks are opposed checks. Generally, the formula is: (Attacker's Stat/2 + (Random 1-20)) vs (Defender Stat/2 + 10)
8. Some out-of-combat checks are based on raw stat, some are based on percent max.
1. In Ship combat, each weapon you fire requires Energy.
2. Some weapons are better against Shields, and some vs Armor. You can turn off a weapons that aren't doing much to conserve Energy.
3. Your Ship will regenerate a certain amount of Energy per turn, regardless of if you fire any weapons or not.
4. For the tutorial fight, use Evade when the enemy has high Energy to avoid it's attacks. This will
5. If you're confident in your defenses, you can Recharge to restore 2x the normal amount of Energy that turn.
6. It's very easy to escape any fight, so long as you start first turn. Even the forced 'tutorial' fight.
7. Currently, modules, weapons and Crew capacity are independent. I don't know if that's a bug.
There's supposed to be a Ship Combat overhaul at some point. Who knows what will change.
Transformatives don't all work the same way. Some are more predictable than others, but almost all have some degree of randomness. It sounds like you want some combination of Lucifeir and Tentacool. Maybe Crackle Jelly?
For most of the game, should pick either Melee (Physique) or Ranged (Aim) and stick to it.
If you go Melee, you'll want some way to deal with Flying enemies. They're not common, but they are very annoying when they show up. Either the Light Jetpack, Flight-Capable Wings or a class power (Mercs Lunge, Kineticist's Levitate, Smuggler Booster Pack). The class abilities are all Level 9+.
If you have the Cheat Menu enabled, you can reset your Perks in the Level Up menu.
Willpower is your primary stat. Intelligence is supposed to be the secondary, but most powers auto-hit.
Telekinetic Warrior gives you a default 'weapon' that scales with Level and Willpower. It's Crushing, so it can detonate the Deep Freeze status. 'Melee' attacks with this weapon don't hit Flying. It also scales with Physique/Aim as normal.
Third Eye Aim makes you calculate weapon bonus damage off of Intelligence instead of Physique/Aim, but it doesn't substitute for Stun/Trip/Stagger chance.
Physique/Aim, minor Will or Reflexes. I generally recommend the Melee build for the long term. You can take Armor Piercing if you want. Bloodthirsty is a minor sustain bonus, but not a big deal in the long run. Sturm and Drang at Level 11 and Second Striker at Level 12. Use a Stun Chance Melee weapon and a Freeze Chance Ranged weapon, or the NaN Deconstructor.
Bonus Will from Physique can save you some points.
(Aim/Physique), Intelligence (+1/2 to Sneak Attack/Aimed Shot). Minor Reflexes. Everything revolves around Aimed Shot/Sneak Attack. Stun Chance is extremely good. Take Specialized Combatant at 12. No reason to switch-hit.
Disarming Shot is terrible, because Disarm is a really bad status. Stealth Field Generator is the better choice.
Intelligence, (Physique/Aim), minor Will. I went Attack Drone, Charge Weapon. The only weakness is low Energy regen.
If you're a Mercenary, take Physique or Aim or maybe both. Willpower with whatever points are left.
I'd suggest both, but only because Sturm and Drang is so good. Intelligence does next to nothing for Mercs, so it can be safely dumped.
If you're a Smuggler, take Reflexes and then either Aim or Physique.
I'd actually suggest Intelligence over Reflexes. Stealth Field Generator and the natural Evasion boosts is more than enough.
If you're a Tech, take Aim and Intelligence.
I'm of the opinion that Charge Weapon is much better than Overcharge, even after the nerf. Especially since Melee has access to more Stun weapons.
If you're a Kineticist, take Willpower and Physique. Kineticists only have dedicated melee weapons, not ranged ones, and their melee weapons have the Crushing flag which pairs with their ability to inflict the Deep Freeze debuff with some of their powers.
Depends on if you took Third Eye Aim or not.
For ships, you just want a gun that works well on Shields and a gun that works on Armor.
Or just stack Missile Turrets. They're good against both, are absurdly Energy efficient and their Aim bonus stacks.
For transformations, your only real option most of the time is to save before each item application and reload if you don't get the results you like. Certain transformatives like Catnip will give you better fine control, so use those last.
This, I agree with. It's important to plan out your Transformative order. Some combos are impossible without save-editing, sadly.

Last edited:

MagicGal

Aug 15, 2023
Right above the center of your Dreams
I donno, the wiki is good for NPCs n their quests that have been around for a bit but the explanations are sparse when it comes to the finer details. And just saying "its the genre" makes no sense bro, frustrating mechanics around transformation isn't a genre, it's a design flaw.

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Randomized transformations are an inheritance from Corruption of Champions, where as the name implied, the idea was that you were being corrupted from a pure human into a new alien form by the things you encountered on your journey. A more sexualized form, perhaps, but still a corruption of your original state rather than an ascension. You couldn't bring your Corruption score back down, only raise it up. That your character wasn't entirely in control of the things happening to their body was the point.

This didn't end up fully translating to TiTS partially because of the shift in the explanation for how transformatives work, and partially because Taint was originally meant to be a more direct analogue to CoC's Corruption than it wound up actually being. As it happened, CoC wound up being a very robust furry self-insert character creator, and that was the bigger draw for players than themes of moral degeneration, so TiTS drastically improved on how much you could customize your self-insert, while the idea of moral decay being part and parcel of transformation wound up falling off. But you still have a strong randomized element to transformations because they were still originally written with that idea in mind.

Reactions: orange64

Wafflesnake

Nov 4, 2023
And just saying "its the genre" makes no sense bro, frustrating mechanics around transformation isn't a genre, it's a design flaw.
genre isn't the best term, i agree. but the random tf'ing is what fenoxo is into, so that's why the majority of the game's transformatives are based around that mechanic.

understandably, some people just aren't into that, which is why save scumming is one of the most common practices for players.

sparse when it comes to the finer details
what finer details? if you're referring to recent content then the wiki is just plain outdated. older content is quite literally taken from the source code however

the appearance page on the wiki has every single transformable body part listed. going to any of those body parts lists 99% of the available transformations and how to get them. even if you don't get to that page, looking at the majority of any other transformative, for instance you saw it in game and searched it on the wiki, on the page of that transformative there are links to the body parts you can change