[harem-style RPG] The Godhood Chronicles

SharkieFun

Dec 3, 2020
The Godhood Chronicles

QZat68.png
fGE9%2Fk.jpg

An expanding rpg / harem system
updated: May 2 2021

You're a new god fresh off creation. Start laying the foundations of your religion, recruit devouts to your faith, and defeat enemy gods - or screw their followers, which is almost the same thing. Explore towns and convince them to worship you and increase your influence. Be a kind god or an evil one - your choices affect quests and storylines, and will determine the worshiper personalities you attract to your cause!

THE RUNDOWN
  • Standard RPG combat and quests-based system with win/lose sexy scenarios!
  • M/F, M/M, F/F, Futa/F, Futa/M options available!
  • Harem system - recruit potential love interests to your religion! Romance / seduce / establish relationships with multiple partners to unlock more quests / storylines!
  • Lawful / chaotic alignment - your actions dictate the storyline and determine the type of worshippers you recruit!
  • Defined kinks - customize sexy scenes with potential partners according to your own sexual preferences
  • Future plans: character images and documentation!
  • Patreon supporters who pledge $10 up will get to determine kinks, personalities, etc for the game and receive early access to new features a month ahead of the public build!
  • contains or may contain noncon play, noncon, bdsm, futa, anthro, genderbending, and more in the future
SCREENSHOTS:

nhcMSo.png
t88PYK.png
CD70su.jpg
kqriG7.jpg

DOWNLOAD / PLAY:

.. play in your browser (this link also has access to all current download files): https://paperwaifu.itch.io/godhood ..
All new updates will be added on a devlog in this link, but pertinent updates will be made on this thread as well!

.. support us on our Patreon page! ..​

Last edited:

karunama

Apr 17, 2016
M/F only, or are there other pairings?

Akhter13

Aug 30, 2015
I've given it a whirl and these are my thought [I did not play to end of present content due to bugs(will leave them to end)]
Generalities - this is a harem game which is a pretty saturated market so what's your USP....Godhood [it's right there in the title] so the possibility of performing miracles/ altering reality will need to be felt. I know Thessilla is effectively your tutorial area but collect 10 pelts just doesn't smack of divine calling [ doing a Pokémon long grass walk until you meet enough of the right type of monster (which does not always drop a pelt) does not a fun game make]. I understand you are a Godling but tantalize the player maybe let them detect a spark of the divine allowing them to perform any one of 3 later available miracles [each capable of insta completing one of your tasks].
Tasks - These seemed very linear give the player more than one way to do them give them agency for example that pelt mission let them talk to a trapper who swears by a block of cheese as bait buy 1 block good for summoning 10 beasties all of which are guaranteed to drop pelts or allow PC for 1 God point to summon any wandering monster in that area

Play thru -
Character generation - works well: First choice What type of God are you [Love War Wisdom Wealth Death] I tried love [up your seduction] , wisdom [better magic user], and Death [more HP & stamina]

Gender [you are born male/female] Male works fine Female click on it and informed not implemented Other - no option for other, people around here love a Futa (I hope the PC can undergo growth and Transformation later)
Next is appearance basic but works
Then Pick Lawful/Chaotic

Then you meet your shrine maiden (it talks about having shrine maidens or priest or both) there is a selection screen but she is the only presently available.
You can have sex with her [recommended as this gives you God points]
The sex menu/interactions is definitely where the love in this project has gone [suggestion- given the last gift by your father maybe show likely points changes when hovering over an option and colour code for moving to a kink]

after that you can explore your temple complex then sleep
The next day is off to Tessilla to complete 10 tasks to convert the town this does not appear to be fully implemented

M/F only, or are there other pairings?
As a male I can flirt with gentlemen that I meet how ever none have so far succumbed to my charms [which is probably for the best as sex scenes automatically maps on to a M/F template] so it looks like M/F now with others coming later (understandable Hetro is the biggest market)

Summary - I enjoyed it more than I expected, when not being bugged, and with some imagination and lots more hard work this has the potential to be good. I hope I have provided some useful pointers

Bugs - every menu is a Hotel California
"You can check out any time you like
But you can never leave"
Once you are in there is no way out, doesn't matter if is your equipment menu/save menu/or buying a torch
give us a back button

genuinely every time I saved the only way to proceed was to then load that save
There were a few others like when I had sex with the girl with missing cat she became the shrine maiden and Tyinne disappeared from the game
but just give us a back button

SharkieFun

Dec 3, 2020
Thanks for the feedback - right now it's very early stage, but I've just updated again. Let me know if the bug with the girl with the cat is still there - as far as I know that's already been fixed!

SharkieFun

Dec 3, 2020
V0.0.10 updates! (May 2, 2021)

fGE9%2Fk.jpg
  • artwork for Savannah has been added!
  • artwork for Jereck has been added!
  • the food icon will appear next to the devout in the shrine kitchen if the ingredients have already been added to the game
  • added new enemies to the Thessila/Larklast maps: Elven Archer and Llorona!
  • Quest 007: A Lonely Ghost has been added and can be completed! Sleep alone in your shrine inner chambers after a set number of days to trigger this event!
  • Quest 012: The Aberitha Mystery can now be completed!
  • Jereck Smithson's Quest 01 has been added! Give him food or sleep with him (three times cumulative) to start his quest at the Great Hall!
  • Larklast now has a bookshop where you can purchase books from!
  • You can now pay coins to add a library to your shrine!
  • You can now pay coins to add a pleasure chamber to your shrine! The pleasure chamber itself will be made available in a future update soon!
  • available books for purchase for library (some books may be required for current or future quests! Completing collections will also give added GodPoints in the future! Once future updates have been activated, if your library already has the completed collections you will automatically be credited with the GodPoints after your first visit!):
    • A Brief History of Aberitha
    • The Lamias
    • The Blaakgards
    • Ghostly Sightings
    • Creature Binding
    • Defenses Against the Maleficum
    • The Beautiful Sodom (for pleasure chamber)
    • The Art of the Submission (for pleasure chamber)
    • The Sorcery of Dominance (for pleasure chamber)
  • new Devout: Chryseis! You can now use their skill Holy Light upon recruitment!
  • new Devout: Nue! You can now use their skill Darkness upon recruitment!
  • Chicken! Occasionally, a random chicken will pop up on the map. Nab it to get eggs and chicken meat!
  • added the Escape command into the battle menu instead of a separate command!
  • Oddtree available! Go to the odd green tree in the map between Larklast and Thessila to get strawberries, durians, and mangoes!

DarkSinfulMage

Nov 18, 2016
I enjoyed the original version of this game - I'm hopeful for this version but I'd like to see it get to where it was and possibly improve how content is presented and changed by the player. Unlocking stuff is neat, but considering your a god and can affect change in others, I'd love to see more transformation choices for characters, especially art changes and upgrades.

The secret of the RPGmaker game is exploration, choices, and a wealth of content. Some surprises happening while the player goes through the motions wouldn't be so bad, either.

To&Fro

Apr 14, 2020
Yeaaaah... v .11 game won't let me get past when I first start and get the horse. From that point it jumps straight to the STATS screen and I can look at all that stuff, but when I try to use the 'back' function, it doesn't work. If I use the ESC key, I can get back to an overlay of the Menu screen (it overlays the Stats screen) and then it gets real glitchy from there. There's no way to get to the village, just stuck on the stats screens and menu screens, the "Back" functions don't work at all. Tried compatibility modes with older versions of Windows, nothing changed. Tried several variants of character generations, nothing changed. It's bugged when you get the horse and jumps right to the never ending loop of status screens and menu screen.

????

Apr 27, 2021
Yeaaaah... v .11 game won't let me get past when I first start and get the horse. From that point it jumps straight to the STATS screen and I can look at all that stuff, but when I try to use the 'back' function, it doesn't work. If I use the ESC key, I can get back to an overlay of the Menu screen (it overlays the Stats screen) and then it gets real glitchy from there. There's no way to get to the village, just stuck on the stats screens and menu screens, the "Back" functions don't work at all. Tried compatibility modes with older versions of Windows, nothing changed. Tried several variants of character generations, nothing changed. It's bugged when you get the horse and jumps right to the never ending loop of status screens and menu screen.
Similar issue with shops, you can buy and sell, but theres no way back out of the shop menu, at least on mobile(android)

To&Fro

Apr 14, 2020
Oddly enough, updated to the latest Windows 10 feature update and the game started working.... didn't on the older version, issues as described, but the update that broke some other games, fixed this one... LOL! Now, I'm not as far as the others are so can't say there aren't other bugs...