Hammer Shield Doesn't Drop (Nevermind)

Balek Crisp

Dec 30, 2020
The United States
I have fought over 20 sex bots on Tarkus, and while the game doesn't seem to provide a statistic of how many I've defeated (save for hnngularity but it stops at 4 since you need to scan 4), I believe that somehow the Hammer Shield has been removed. Other drops such as Motherhusk still drop, but the Hammer Shield, which I've ended up grinding to level 7 on by accident whilst searching for it, hasn't dropped once.

As much as I'd like to believe this is a case of bad luck, I'd also want to see this maybe looked into. The sex bots have a 20% chance of dropping that; it shouldn't be that hard to get it.

Edit: After defeating a grand total of roughly 100 sex bots, I have finally gotten a Hammer Belt and a dozen Motherhusks.

Why did I grind this much instead of heading to Myrellion, I do not know, but what the fuck.

Last edited:

OrangeBurner

Mar 13, 2022
It might just be your luck because I went to test this and the very first Sex bot dropped one for me:
Hammer Shield Belt.png

I believe it's a 0.32% chance to get nothing in 20 tries (With a 1/4 chance of success).

EDIT: If the drop rate is a 20% chance (1/5) then it should be about a 1.15% chance to get nothing in 20 tries.

I don't actually know what the drop chance is but the wiki saids it's a 1/4 chance to drop.

Last edited:

Balek Crisp

Dec 30, 2020
The United States
It might just be your luck because I went to test this and the very first Sex bot dropped one for me:

I believe it's a 0.32% chance to get nothing in 20 tries (With a 1/4 chance of success).

EDIT: If the drop rate is a 20% chance (1/5) then it should be about a 1.15% chance to get nothing in 20 tries.

I don't actually know what the drop chance is but the wiki saids it's a 1/4 chance to drop.
How do you get 0.32% chance with 1/4th but 1.15% chance with 1/5th.

I'm not tripping here am I?

OrangeBurner

Mar 13, 2022
How do you get 0.32% chance with 1/4th but 1.15% chance with 1/5th.

I'm not tripping here am I?
Because a 1/4 chance is the same as a 25% chance to get the drop.
And a 1/5 chance is the same as a 20% chance to get the drop.

Basically 1/4 has a higher drop chance than 1/5.
Therefore the chance of getting nothing is lower with 1/4 (and you have a higher chance to get nothing with 1/5).

You can work out the chances of at least 1 hammer shield to drop by using Binomial Distribution (Or this handy calculator).

I just assumed the total number of attempts was 20 and than you didn't get any hammer shields (so X < 1).
Putting in: p = 1/4, n = 20 and x = 1.
Gives the probability of getting nothing (X < 1) is 0.32%.

Just changing p to p = 1/5 (and leaving everything else the same):
Gives the probability of getting nothing (X < 1) is 1.15%

(Hopefully my maths is correct).
Edit: After defeating a grand total of roughly 100 sex bots, I have finally gotten a Hammer Belt and a dozen Motherhusks.
But given that now you fought roughly 100 robots. (changing n = 100 now):
The chance of getting nothing with a 1/4 chance within exactly 100 tries is: 0.00000000000032 (0%).
The chance of getting nothing with a 1/5 chance within exactly 100 tries is: 0.00000000020370 (0%).

So, either you've got reverse Dream Luck™ or the more likely option:
something is wrong with either your save file or the drop rate.

Might be related, that a few patches ago I couldn't get spunksrooms to drop for me at all (They do drop for me now but I swear I couldn't get any).