[Halloween] The thing in the ice & A Clash of Titans

Thebiologist

Jun 24, 2017
Something is trapped beneath the ice. Could it be psychic eldritch tentacles?

A Rhenworld employee sends you a mail regarding the discovery of the century. They've uncovered a massive Savicite deposit, but there is an odd meteorite lodged right in the middle of it and everything is covered in ice. What will happen once the drilling crew reaches the meteorite?

The effects of the twisted psychic mass will be noticeable soon enough. Feelings, whispers, and hallucinations will begin to assail you and, unluckily for you, you're stuck with an overly nervous and clumsy, yet delightfully curvy guide.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>> The Thing in the Ice <<

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
tumblr_inline_pjljragtuB1rqrjnu_1280.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>> A Clash of Titans <<

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In this dream, two powerful entities fight for dominance. Red vs Blue. Reality is at stake. Both claim the other is evil and ask to be released. Which one is lying? You decide, and to the victor goes the spoils.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crablord

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
First question - How many holes does it have?
Second question - What's it going to take to fill 'em?

flying_moustache

Aug 30, 2015
Is there any confirmation that a Halloween writing contest will happen this year? Or are you just taking the initiative here?

Last I heard, TITS is still not open for new submissions but it's possible I'm not up to date.

Thebiologist

Jun 24, 2017
Is there any confirmation that a Halloween writing contest will happen this year? Or are you just taking the initiative here?

Last I heard, TITS is still not open for new submissions but it's possible I'm not up to date.

I have no idea. I'm anticipating.

QuietCoyote

Aug 12, 2017
I have a gut feeling that Fenco would not approve of something to this scale.

Thebiologist

Jun 24, 2017
I thought it was just blocked for character submissions

I dunno what's gonna happen this year. since usually Fen holds a Halloween contest I thought I would prepare my submission. Maybe this year there won't be any contest. In any case, I could always submit it for next year.

QuietCoyote

Aug 12, 2017
What do you mean? Because of the size or because of the creatures? Because *spoiler* it all turns out to be a hallucination.
even with it being a hallucination, Fen (from last i remember) had a hard time approving creatures that would not be considered humanoid. examples would include first drafts of Fr0sty's Servant

Reactions: Athena

Thebiologist

Jun 24, 2017
even with it being a hallucination, Fen (from last i remember) had a hard time approving creatures that would not be considered humanoid. examples would include first drafts of Fr0sty's Servant

In that case, I have a backup. I put it through a vote and literally everyone wanted the eldritch tentacles over the other options, but I can write both just in case.

Ooh Woo

Aug 6, 2019

Not sure why a tentacle monster would be a problem, considering the strange egg and the cockvines (which aren't even clearly sapient).

Reactions: gena138
A

Athena

Not sure why a tentacle monster would be a problem, considering the strange egg and the cockvines (which aren't even clearly sapient).

Patreon might have an issue with those down the line, depending on how they enforce they zero tolerance policy regarding content that is difficult to distinguish from non-consenual sex. "If it can't speak, how do you know it consented to the act?" is a potential argument. However, I couldn't find any direct evidence of this occuring when I looked...well, this time at least...I know I saw something over the summer, but I couldn't find it...

Either way, it may not be an issue. However, something more sapient might at least appeal to more people...