Good Monster Girl games?

Hurshana

Dec 3, 2015
(Wasn't sure if this should go here or General)

I stumbled across the Monster Girl Encyclopedia recently, and it got me interested in the monster girl genre again.
The obvious choice here is MGQ (which I just learned is inspired by MGE), which I do like for the main story, but things like the Four Bandits' existence bothers me.

Arguably things like CoC/CoC2, Lilith's Throne, and TiTs are kind of monster girl games--they feature a ton of non-human females, but they're all text, first-person, and open world, I'm looking for something with a dedicated storyline and a character MC.
Kinks don't matter too much as long as it doesn't devolve into things like snuff, necro, or loli/shota.

The only thing I've heard of would probably be The Last Sovereign, but from what I understand it's still a long way to completion.
Sakura Dungeon also exists but it's pretty infrequent in its sex, though it has a lot of eye candy.

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
Kamidori Alchemy Meister might be worth a look. This is a tactics JRPG with both human and monster girl characters, quite lengthy. You romance one of the three major female characters but also get to have fun with a bunch of monster girls at the same time. There's also a full fan translation. One of the main girls is not something you'll like, but you can simply not select that character as your romance. Another scene is quite questionable, but I believe is a one-off and believe me when I say you'd prefer what happens in the scene rather than what would happen if you'd left her to her fate.

The rest of my monster girl stuff tends to be either just straight up fetish stuff with little to no story or a pretty obvious excuse plot. The Violated Hero series, for example, pretty much spawned directly off of the success of MGQ. The plot pretty much just exists as an excuse for the MC to go through a dungeon with lots of monster girl bosses and GOR. There is always a plot that is talked about and justifies the PC's goals, but it's threadbare and the games are quite short. Some of them focus exclusively on one particular kink, so I'd have a hard time recommending them without knowing what you're into. With Japanese stuff you also find an awful lot of loli/shota, especially when monster girls or femdom is involved. You can ignore it in some cases, though not so much when the PC is the offending factor.

Reactions: Hurshana
Aug 10, 2019
Other than the games @TheDarkMaster talked about, Desire Dungeon and the Lightning Warrior Raidy series are also worth mentioning. DD has the barest hints of a plot, but it has a decent number (I think 13) of monster girls, who each have several sex scenes. Lose to your favorite one often enough, and the epilogue will describe your future adventures and happily-ever-after. Fights tend to be mechanically simple, but are accompanied by excellent flavor text. Unfortunately, the art is a little low-budget and somewhere between a quarter and half of the monstergirls (depending on your standards) look underage.

LWR is a series that has 3 games out. I'm not sure about the first one, but the second and third ones have large amounts of (lesbian bdsm) monster girl content. I don't think any of it is loli either. There's some plot in there too, but a lot of the gameplay is just grind that you need to get through to get to the good stuff. From what I remember, art is pretty high quality and partially animated.

In terms of Western games, Monster Girl Dreams is looking very promising, though it's still in development. Not much art yet, and the plot is fairly simple. However, it's very well written and I love that you can romance a lot of the girls there. There's a thread about it on this subforum, so you should check it out!
https://forum.fenoxo.com/threads/renpy-python-monster-girl-dreams-alpha-v20-7-bfrpg.10701/

Reactions: Hurshana