Good ends?

Altair Hayes

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
With the series of bad ends strewn about TiTS I was wondering if there is the possibility of "Good Ends". Along the lines of Steele marrying and settling down on a planet, finding a fortune in running a brothel, etc. Basically a possible end thread to a plot which functions exactly like a bad end, but without all the harshness.

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Of course it's possible.  Jim was writing some, I don't know if he finished before quitting.  You won't see many, though, because there just aren't that many scenarios where Steele is unable to adventure anymore but also isn't dead or someone's slave.

CrusaderDurante

Jan 13, 2016
Taivra can be a good ending if you consider the whole "become my mate" thing good. 

I mean, you can have her kill/enslave your cousin, so there's that... But your adventure does come to an end. 

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
Of course it's possible.  Jim was writing some, I don't know if he finished before quitting.  You won't see many, though, because there just aren't that many scenarios where Steele is unable to adventure anymore but also isn't dead or someone's slave.

IMO, one of the key parts of any good ending would be choice. IIRC, in Jim's Becoming a Native end, you chose to abandon your quest to become a part of Vanae tribe. So, potentially, any faction or person can provide an alluring option for Steele to decide 'screw money, I'll get X'.

Wsan

Scientist
Creator
Jan 8, 2016
I'm planning on writing one. The challenge in writing a good end though is finding something valuable enough that Steele passes up on her quest, because obviously you can't write about Steele taking over the business when it hasn't actually happened.

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
I would like to write one for Sera, where at the end of her arc she'll offer to take you on as her full-time pet, since you've managed to make her successful enough to support such a thing.

But that obviously relies on *insert standard Nonesuch whinge about getting Sera content into the game here*

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
There are technically some kind of implemented (along with a few ~extended~ bad ends), that will only be triggered once Steele actually inherits the company proper.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Does the game explicitly say Bad End or something? If not you could interpret some endings as good or bad (like the Vanae ending being pretty damn good other than not letting you explore anymore).

Last edited by a moderator:

CrusaderDurante

Jan 13, 2016
Does the game explicitly say Bad End or something? If not you could interpret each ending as good or bad (like the Vanae ending being pretty good other than not letting your explore anymore).

Not that I know of, but most of these ends are just plain bad. 

Unless you think Steele having his/her head blown open by some Pirates/Robots is good.

Chesheire

Oct 2, 2015
There are technically some kind of implemented (along with a few ~extended~ bad ends), that will only be triggered once Steele actually inherits the company proper.

Company management simulator confirmed?

Wsan

Scientist
Creator
Jan 8, 2016
Does the game explicitly say Bad End or something? If not you could interpret some endings as good or bad (like the Vanae ending being pretty damn good other than not letting you explore anymore).

The D'zaan end is totally a good end.

Sanity

Nov 8, 2015

Jim quit? That's too bad...

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
If I recall well Jim do wrote 2 good ending (I recall at least twice or three times reading them out of curiousity) but it was due to his already impressive backlog never added to the game. Not sure if before he removed all writing from his gdocs as he said someone copied those good ends.

SorenMageofMareth

Aug 28, 2015
The D'zaan end is totally a good end.

You get your mind fucked out and turned into a house bitch who suffers massive breakdowns without a proper intake of cum.  You don't even get to be pirate and you bitch of a harem mistress is so dumb and cares so little about you that she doesn't even interrogate you enough to steal your ship and go to war against your cousin to try to inherit the company.

Lashcharge

Aug 27, 2015

The writters commonly refer it as bad ends, which is why that particular category in the wiki is also called Bad Ends.

SorenMageofMareth

Aug 28, 2015

You quite likely murder Penny, Syri, and everyone else in Esbeth. 

Wsan

Scientist
Creator
Jan 8, 2016
You get your mind fucked out and turned into a house bitch who suffers massive breakdowns without a proper intake of cum.  You don't even get to be pirate and you bitch of a harem mistress is so dumb and cares so little about you that she doesn't even interrogate you enough to steal your ship and go to war against your cousin to try to inherit the company.

Yeah, like I said.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Oh thanks, I couldn't find it on the wiki.