Good alternative to Prince of Ramen

Zannerak

Jan 16, 2018
Hey, I recently tried out Prince of Ramen, it's unfinished but all in all its good. I was wondering if anyone had some good suggestion for visual novels similar in nature to Prince of Ramen.

Preferably male protagonist, M/F and definitely need choices, I've only tried a handful of VC and some don't give u a choice and you're forced to go along with the story. Any suggestions would be much appreciated

Thx...

randomanon

Oct 17, 2015
I have not read Prince of Ramen or many OEL VNs specifically of adult themes, but in general, you are honestly better off looking for a different medium than visual novels if you want a lot of choices, which are inherently a text-based storytelling medium and most will not support a significant number and variance in player-controlled choices due to difficulty in accounting for all of them while still telling a good story.

If you still wish to search however, looking for Ren'Py either in the title or in it description would be a good way to start, as most OEL VNs use the Ren'Py engine.

Hoboy

Mar 31, 2016
The first VN in Ren'py that really showed me what they could do was Katawa Shoujo - very similar in feel (but overall more of a Japanese feel to it). Not a sex em up, just a very well written slice of everyday mixed with emotions...Also, the ArianeB games are both in Ren'py - Date with Ariane and Something in the Air...