Gold and Red Myr discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azrael9986

Jun 13, 2018
So from what i can gather of them the Reds are the aggressors here right? wanting to rule over the anything and everything. they have a severely misguided and twisted sense of right and wrong. slavery, murder with "honor", war on anything not under their thumb, forced drug addiction, and most likely some dirty laundry i missed.
the golds while not innocent seem to be only resorting to the extreme measures of the war as a way to slow or stop an foe they cant face head on with their numbers as of currently.
The infrastructure to me is what separates them. the Golds don't seem ready for war like this. like they got caught with their pants down. then had to scramble to defend themselves.
the Reds well they have a military almost Spartan like look at things. to the point i don't think it matters in their minds right or wrong. The golds are not perfect but i feel like the Reds would sooner or later start trying to control more planets and out-breed the galaxy to take it over.
just how their talking and mindset lead me to believe. again I could be wrong. I just want to get some other peoples view on this. maybe some input from the creator of the race?

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
We have a thread for this in the planetary discussion forum.

Please don't start another one, we don't need another bajillion pages of political arguing.

Coalsack

Aug 28, 2015
The golds are a decadent but highly civilized society. They're quite culturally developed, but their leaders, or most of their elite are often corrupt and/or dishonorable. Think of the Western Roman Empire on its deathbed...or the Sung dinasty on China.

The reds are disciplined, honorable and organized, but lacking on every other area. They're also merciless. Despite this, the main thing that most seem to have against them is their constant use of venom to subdue others, as it has narcotic/addictive properties.

Think of the UCG arrival like a huge army of god-soldiers that came out of nowhere driving out mongols from China (Sung Dinasty Example) or the barbarians out of Western Europe (WRE example). A miracle that managed to save something unsalvagable, for the golds, and a total disaster, for the reds.

Ah...just saw that. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.