Genital tail issue

Katz007

Mar 23, 2021
After getting merged with a c snake
I ignored it for a while until I started using transformation items.

Certain items that should transform the genital tail fail to do so, such as fox fire.

I was irritated and went to V-ko thinking to remove it but when interacting with examine. V-ko say no issue, which seems wrong because wiki state she can remove the parasite.

Attachments

• Katz (H) - 19Hrs 36Mins, 40 Days - Mhen’ga, Ara Ara.json
    627.6 KB · Views: 4

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
I just did a test, and it worked correctly for me. But not for your save, it seems.

Edit: I think the problem is Siren's Bounty. It doesn't fully transition the Cuntsnake to fully-integrated.
Specifically, it seems to remove the Parasitic Flag without changing the Tail Type from Cuntsnake, leaving it in a limbo where it's neither Fish nor Fowl.
Edit3: There are two transformations. one for the general Tail, which is blocked by the Cuntsnake, and one specific to tail-genital. This bug also affects Cock-Vines.

Edit2: This can be fixed in the meantime by opening the Console with F12 and typing:
pc.tailType = 20;
OR
pc.tailType = GLOBAL.TYPE_SUULA;

Foxfire will then work correctly.
Technically, any other tail type would work (except Cockvine, probably), but that's what your tail should be.

Last edited:

Katz007

Mar 23, 2021
I just did a test, and it worked correctly for me. But not for your save, it seems.

Edit: I think the problem is Siren's Bounty. It doesn't fully transition the Cuntsnake to fully-integrated.
Specifically, it seems to remove the Parasitic Flag without changing the Tail Type from Cuntsnake, leaving it in a limbo where it's neither Fish nor Fowl.
Edit3: There are two transformations. one for the general Tail, which is blocked by the Cuntsnake, and one specific to tail-genital. This bug also affects Cock-Vines.

Edit2: This can be fixed in the meantime by opening the Console with F12 and typing:
pc.tailType = 20;
OR
pc.tailType = GLOBAL.TYPE_SUULA;

Foxfire will then work correctly.
Technically, any other tail type would work (except Cockvine, probably), but that's what your tail should be.
Thanks for the advice, i was playing on android version when this happened, i guess this is a bug need fixing.

Is there a way to insert console codes when playing on android?

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
I don't know of a way to use the Console on Android. You'll have to Save Edit.
1. Open your save with a JSON Editor. There are online programs for this.
Text editors work, but the save is not meant to be human readable, so it's hard to find things.
2. Characters -> PC -> tailType.
3. Change 33 to 20. Save.
Or just use this one.

Attachments

• Katz (H) - Suula Tail.json
    627.6 KB · Views: 2

Katz007

Mar 23, 2021
I don't know of a way to use the Console on Android. You'll have to Save Edit.
1. Open your save with a JSON Editor. There are online programs for this.
Text editors work, but the save is not meant to be human readable, so it's hard to find things.
2. Characters -> PC -> tailType.
3. Change 33 to 20. Save.
Or just use this one.
I downloaded a PC version and transferred the save and edited the game on Windows.

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
After reviewing this, I'm pretty sure this is more of a quirk than it is a bug.

Some tail types are locked from transformation and they are any tails with a combat implant, nine-tail fox variations, cunt snake tails and cockvine tails. If there is a check for whether or not they can be transformed, they will not change. Additionally, when you initially obtain a cunt tail or cockvine tail, they are initially set as parasitic tails, which are separate from the type and does not relate to the locked status. Some transformatives or events will remove the parasitic quality and leave the tail type unchanged (even if it changes the tail's genital type, like Siren's Bounty as mentioned).

In the case of Foxfire, it only changes any unlocked tail types or parasitic tails and converts them to a vulpine tail type, having genitals or otherwise, and then clearing the parasitic trait. Since your character's tail lost the parasite trait prior to using Foxfire, you were stuck having a tail type that could not be transformed. When a V-Ko (or any other character/event) removes a parasitic tail, the entire tail goes with it.

The reasoning behind the locked tail type being the way it is is that "pure" cunt snake and cockvine tails can't be removed (it has been this way since the introduction of the cunt snake), so it has lore implications. When Foxfire was added (or possibly another item) where a genital tail can be made non-parasitic (mainly to please players who find parasites unappealing), the "parasitic" trait, and eventually a tail flag for it, was added. This compounded the complexity of defining what is and isn't a cunt snake or cockvine as by their nature they should be parasitic. Since the player can now change the shape of their genital tail, the tail type locks became more of a barrier to work around with the order of item usage.

The solution I've implemented for the next release will be to add the parasitic flag in addition to the tail type checks. So if the character has a cunt snake or cockvine tail that is also parasitic, it should be considered as locked. Non-parasitic cunt snake and cockvine tails should be considered unlocked. Hopefully this makes tail changes a little more broadly accessible while keeping to the lore.

Last edited:

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
And here I thought the problem was the Siren's Bounty using clearTailFlags and not re-adding Parasitic afterward. (Based on the Flash code.)

Katz007

Mar 23, 2021
But it is strange, because you cannot transform that tail at all, Fox Fire and Frost Fire does not trigger any of the tail transformations.

But before Fox Fire, I did use Siren's bounty to transform to a Suula, the C tail did transform into a Suula type C tail, but did not trigger a normal tail transformation.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
But it is strange, because you cannot transform that tail at all, Fox Fire and Frost Fire does not trigger any of the tail transformations.

But before Fox Fire, I did use Siren's bounty to transform to a Suula, the C tail did transform into a Suula type C tail, but did not trigger a normal tail transformation.
Cuntsnake Type blocks Siren's Bounty from transforming the full tail. However, it has a specific transformation for tail genitals. As part of the process, it uses a command to indiscriminately remove all tail flags (including Parasitic), then adds the flags it wants. I thought the bug was it doesn't re-add Parasitic for Cuntsnakes/Cockvines. The result is a tail that blocks Transformatives (because Cuntsnake/Cockvine Type) and cannot be removed, because V-Ko, Vi and Dr. Lash check for Parasitic.

Catnip also looks for Unlocked (returns False if Cuntsnake/Cockvine) OR Parasitic, so it gets blocked. Not sure where to look for Foxfire, but it's probably the same.

Last edited: