Gears (of War) 5

Lone Wolf115

Definitely interesting I liked but not how it ended. It seemed like the next chapter would be after the krakens death and you would finally finish it. Your thoughts.

Ireyon

May 14, 2018
Didn't pick it up so I can't comment. I saw the main character looking like a time-displaced hipster in a youtube review and didn't even want to bother with her. Outside of shortening the game's title (why?) I feel that this is just another desperate attempt to squeeze out more money from an exhausted property.

• Haha
Reactions: Wint3rRyd3r

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
finally finish it.

We already finally finished it after 3, but apparently the locust forgot about that.

Gears of War has always been the quintessential generic brown and grey TPS series. The new generation has just switched to a different kind of cringe. First we had Cliffy B's turbo edge gravel snorting cringe. Now it's that "how do you do fellow kids, we are also trendy" cringe. It's made by a committee of out-of-touch guys who really don't understand the generation they're trying to appeal to. The series really didn't have to continue after 3 and it shows.

The gunplay is still competent and they still kept Sam so it's not all bad.

Reactions: Lone Wolf115