Games with captivating story

Pryer

Oct 8, 2017
I just recently finished playing through The fate or Irnia, Blackgate, and Pact with a Witch. I'm kinda new to this whole VN scene and I found those games stories quite intriguing. I looked though the list at the top of the forum but I am wondering if you guys could recommend some game like the ones I've played. I've been bitten by bug and need some more games to scratch the itch. Thanks!

Reactions: Nephilim_Anunnaki

Magic Ted

Forum God
Aug 26, 2015
Your main hangup here is finding something with actually good writing, or at least something using a spellcheck. Unfortunately, somehow, that's on the rare side. The Last Sovereign is story heavy, but also an RPG.

Look at VNDB and find anything translated into English, go nuts. Shrug.

TheGrumpiest

Jul 11, 2017
Overall, if good stories and characters are what you need, it's slim pickings in the ero-game genre. The only free games in Ren'py that I'd recommend are Student Transfer by kmalloc, Good Girl Gone Bad by EvaKiss, Kingdom of Deception by SierraLee, and Seeds of Chaos by Lord Arioch. If you're willing to branch out to RPGs, then the Last Sovereign is the clear best of the bunch. However, Magical Camp by HLF, Caliross by mqdp, Claire's Quest by Architect, and Coceter Chronicles by nverjos are all worth messing around with.