[Game Version: 0.9.090-PUBLIC#4586] Implants stop existing when installed

Arcane Howitzer

Jan 8, 2016
When I get an implant installed and examine it in the inventory under "Piercings", it says "Quantity: 0" despite it clearly saying "Quantity: 1" in the main inventory before installation. It still shows as being in the slot, but I seem to get no benefit from it, and replacing it just changes what implant there are "0" of in the slot. I can still get the non-existent implant uninstalled, presumably because it registers as something in the slot even if it's "0" of something.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
I can confirm the quantity is listed as 0, but the implants seem to work, in my case. Implants are intended to be destroyed if uninstalled/replaced.

What implant(s) are you using?

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
I also can't seem to find them in the codex anymore.
I suggest you upload your save, or at least provide more details. What implants are you using? I tried both the Synthwomb and Inseminator Pro, and they appeared in 'Extra' as usual. The Stat-boosters, Combat Tail and Medial Milkers work on my end, too.

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
Yes, I'll need a save to test with to be sure. I don't think the quantity value should affect the item usage, but I'll need to know what implant specifically.

I've added a fix for the next release that should hopefully reset the quantity of an implant to 1 when it is installed or uninstalled, so that should cover before and after an implant is moved. The quantity change is just due to how the item system works when transferring items, so non-normal usages will require some extra rules.

Bast

Aug 12, 2021
I suggest you upload your save, or at least provide more details. What implants are you using? I tried both the Synthwomb and Inseminator Pro, and they appeared in 'Extra' as usual. The Stat-boosters, Combat Tail and Medial Milkers work on my end, too.
They're not in Extra section for me anymore but in the piercings area of the inventory as I've found out just now. Interesting choice for a relocation, I guess. shrug

Anyway, I'll post a save just in case.

Attachments

• Bicci (T) - 7Hrs 36Mins, 45644 Days - Mindbroken Slut, Kalas.json
    1.3 MB · Views: 1

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
It depends on the implant. The Codex's Extra menu only displays any extra apps or other features that require the Codex to interface with. Not all implants need codex functionality to use/adjust. Installed implants will be listed in the stats however (under Cybernetics), and item information can be accessed from the Inventory's Piercing section.