future of berwyn content?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThunderOwl

Mar 14, 2021
Okay the thread has gone out of track really fast sooooo...

Are going to be able to give Berwyn a bigger booty? Cause that would be great

Reactions: Lone Wolf115

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
For the record, I disagree with the belief that we don't have a right to know what the truth of this situation. "None of your business" is just the claim of someone who has something to hide, frequently because they engaged in wrongdoing which they wish to hide. It's always better to have more knowledge about every side of what's happened.
Keeping secrets is ALWAYS wrongful behavior; if you give yourself permission to hide relevant facts from people who deserve to know
Bitch everyone has the right to keep secrets and you're one of them. I wouldn't be shocked if you have your own secrets to hide, that doesn't mean those secrets are skeletons. Or do you actually apply this logic to yourself as well, because ya know that if you don't that makes this whole spiel hypocritical of ya, right? I don't agree with how this situation went myself, but I'm not gonna get on a fucking soapbox high horse and try to pry any further than what's been told.

I have things that I refuse to tell as well, does that mean I'm hiding some luxurious scheme or some shit? No, I just don't wanna give public strangers every personal thing going on with me in my life and yes, that means it's none of their fucking business except mine and maybe a few pals.

Anyways yeah, sorry for derailing I am late so see why this was bumped.
I would've still preferred if we just simply shrink Berry's dick to be more manageable (and actually appealing) but still big but since that isn't a thing that's budging I'm not sure what else I want out of him outside a decent personality developed from his quest maybe.

Last edited:

B

Creator
Jul 13, 2016
Okay the thread has gone out of track really fast sooooo...

Are going to be able to give Berwyn a bigger booty? Cause that would be great
I would've still preferred if we just simply shrink Berry's dick to be more manageable (and actually appealing) but still big but since that isn't a thing that's budging I'm not sure what else I want out of him outside a decent personality developed from his quest maybe.
There's a lot of misinformation going around on what people are coming to expect from TF'ing Berwyn, so I wrote a post in my personal thread about what we can hope to expect.

Last edited:

Quicksilver Tongue

Apr 2, 2021
*sigh* Okay fine, since apparently literally nobody is even vaguely on the same page as me about this subject, I will refrain from belaboring the point.

Stemwinder

Jun 15, 2018
I'd just as soon not have any Berywn transformation content. People were already trying to lean away from what the character's about with the requests; something like giving Barry a vagina or a micropenis would be so at odds with what Pups envisioned for him that it might as well not be the same character.

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
I'd just as soon not have any Berywn transformation content. People were already trying to lean away from what the character's about with the requests; something like giving Barry a vagina or a micropenis would be so at odds with what Pups envisioned for him that it might as well not be the same character.
Honestly, same. Well, okay, I may want to shrink Berwyn's cock down, but not even by much, just enough so that it isn't literally longer than his torso. Aside from just a more manageable cock size, I don't want him to have any more transformations, and I especially don't want transformations that impact him to the degree that he uses different pronouns. It feels almost disrespectful to his original vision, and given how B had previously said they'd be respecting the original vision and not allowing players to do things like de-cock him, it feels like B just kinda gave in to the pressure.

Stemwinder

Jun 15, 2018
In my mind the only way to preserve his innate 'Berwyn-ness' while incorporating transformations that change the very nature of the type of character he's meant to be is to follow Wsan's example and create a separate character for that content. Berwyn's not like Fall of Eden's Terry, someone who doesn't really care what their exact arrangement is, he's envisioned from the ground up to be a cute boyish character who likes using his penis and takes his butt poundings with a chip on his shoulder.

If you go changing his arrangement or making him more feminine you're chipping away at the core concept.

Stemwinder

Jun 15, 2018
It'd be kind of like optional content for Cait that turns her into a flat twink boy.

Yeah, you can connect enough threads to make it work, but it's such a departure from core concept that you have to ask 'who is this for?'. Barry's current fans aren't going to want him to become one among many sassy shemale characters or a girl, so from square one it's alienating people who already like him and appreciate his unique niche in the game to try and court a hypothetical audience.

More people might go for Berwyn content if it's...not Berwyn content, but then you're not writing Berwyn content.

Stupid_Goo

Apr 10, 2021
he's envisioned from the ground up to be a cute boyish character who likes using his penis and takes his butt poundings with a chip on his shoulder.
Can you really say he was made that way without including that Matiha slowly transformed him and trained him to end up like this?

But since the original writer for Berry left for reasons I dunno because never did go looking for it, nor did I ask around, and B took up the mantle to continue the work...
Shouldn't we, who are okay with dealing with Berwyn, be grateful that his content is still even being worked on? They could have just straight-up removed all that was the dark doggy dildo initially, and while I'm subconsciously curious as to what originally was planned, I'm interested in seeing where this is going now.

Stemwinder

Jun 15, 2018
Can you really say he was made that way without including that Matiha slowly transformed him and trained him to end up like this?
It's how the character is presented to us, the impression that he's written to give, and even in regards to his backstory the initial groundwork for his character arc all points to him dealing with being tailored to someone else's tastes by becoming more proactive in taking the reigns of his life. Becoming more feminine or getting a sex change wouldn't be something the character would want for himself, it would need to be forced upon him, so that would also be steering away from what the original course was setting up.

Since it didn't actually get started that gives B a lot of freedom in approaching it. It's not necessary to guess what Hugs might have intended from the middle, it's an opportunity to shape the whole thing to keep it more or less consistent, so starting with 'okay, let's fiddle with ground-up core concepts' is kind of baffling. There's no -need- for that; any Berwyn arc can be a complete and seamless so long as it doesn't try to immediately fudge the establishing details.

Last edited:

Stupid_Goo

Apr 10, 2021
it would need to be forced upon him, so that would also be steering away from what the original course was setting up.
I'd agree with you if it weren't for the fact that, personally, the only way you can force anything upon anyone is if they weren't open to the idea of it, or if they had already refused it.
Look at Cait, she's a milk addict and so she was willing to take some sweet cream and get some mommy milkies - and even liked the Leothrans and was willing to become one. Can you really say that Berwyn wouldn't want to cut down on either or both his size and/or his libido if the choice wasn't presented to him?

Look at CoC1 for example - Amily doesn't like the corruption and you're tricking her into feeding on corrupted TFs - she's being forced to change.

Stemwinder

Jun 15, 2018
Tweaking his size, so long as it's not third leg to micropenis, is minor and could easily be justified. I mean the stuff that leans on feminizing him either partially or completely.

Being given a mostly-blank slate is a blessing when it comes to finishing someone else's work and in my eyes one of the only wrong ways to transition is to go messing with what's already there. Even if it's technically optional if most Berwyn variations are for feminine variants B will inevitably be writing all Berwyn content that way. It's almost unavoidable unless you do what Wsan did and cleanly separate them.

TrustworthyTraitor

Aug 16, 2020
Tbh i don't care at all what does Berwyn have between his legs but for the love of all that is holy give this pup a option to train with somebody to get a new set of abilities or buff already existing ones , he literally is the only one of my companions that is still at lvl 1 after 350+ days of playing (actively mind you , so no chain sleeping) anytime i think about picking Berry to my team there are others that do the job better and all i got to say is : The truth is Berry ... the game was rigged from the start.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
but for the love of all that is holy give this pup a option to train with somebody to get a new set of abilities or buff already existing ones
It's a fairly safe assumption that this will happen eventually, as six of the nine (or 7/10 if you count Brienne separately) companions already have alternate gear sets and Berry in particular is going to lose one of his unique abilities, since the doc indicates that the Champ can learn Summon Golem as a quest reward. I think it's safe to assume the others will get them too, eventually. I also suspect that alternate gear sets are one of those things that take more time to develop than they do to just write the content for, because gameplay balance considerations.

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
I hope he gets something new. Stances and summons aren't as effective as pure damage, pure support, or hybrid. Berry's only set being based on summoning puts him behind all others.

I also suspect that alternate gear sets are one of those things that take more time to develop than they do to just write the content for, because gameplay balance considerations.

Judging from the companions faq and how it's worded, I think you're right. It sounds like companions aren't just a writing investment, but a coding and balancing investment. Having to account for the stat changes alone probably takes time. Adding other sets would just add on more time since they usually have different stats. Even keeping with his mage theme would still require rebalancing for the new focus on magic.

B

Creator
Jul 13, 2016
I don't want to get too deep into this conversation wrt Hugs' vision for Berwyn and what people are going to expect from his expansion. There is no answer I can give that won't eventually be used against me and I cannot possibly please everyone, much less half this thread, apparently.

But I will say this: the last time I interacted with Hugs, he gave me this direct quote:
But at the same time, in a much more guarded, deeper place in his heart, Berwyn craves the stability a partner like the PC could give him, which is why he might act more submissive around them, and lets down his guard around them. He's a fervent demisexual when it comes to men, as in he needs to develop an emotional attachment with them first before he becomes sexually attracted to them.
Oh and [a bullet point in his planned content] is wrong, he just isn't very attached to his physical masculinity

Emphasis mine.

Combined, this means, according to Hugs, Berwyn shouldn't mind being feminized provided he's emotionally attached to Champ. Which he already was prior to my expansion.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
Now, I come for special place who likes this kind of content. I like genderbend (both ways), I like dom/sub dynamic (mostly when I am dom) and I like Berwyn. So for me personally, I am looking forward for this. I like that in one save I will be able to expirience him as dommy boy for example and in other as dommy girl. It also opens up him for more people to enjoy.

But what about people that initially got attracted to Berwyn for what he already is and do not like his new direction or are indifferent to it? I mean yeah, it does kind of feel like a slap in the face. And even kind of insulting. Like, you liked the character for what he is but now he is changed to appeal to the audience that either did not care for him that much. Or wanted to see him being changed because he was not up to their personal taste. Like, yes there are people like me that love Berwyn and are more than fine with his upcoming direction. But at same time, for others, it could feel like they are going to lose on content that they themselves signed up for just because other table asked for same sufle but with different filling. I know how that feels. One of reasons why I got tired of TiTS is because every girl seemed to be able to gain dick which made me feel like I was loosing on vagina/penetrative content.

And personally, while it does pain me say it, I feel especially iffy because this is second time now that a character is gaining this kind of major change. That is related to there genetelia/gender. That is also a boy that makes 1/3 of our male companions. Now in both cases, it was done because it was done because (current) author wanted it. But it can feel to people that like man (do not insult Berwyn) like they are getting screwed just because of female lovers. I personally do not feel like it to much (since at least with Brint/Brienne it was always planned), but yeah...

Now, while my above point did bring out the that yes we already have a gender bend option in form of Brint to Brienne. But here is the caviat. What B is doing seems entierly different. Brienne and Brint and totally unique characters compared to each other. One is a dom and lover of many. Other is a sub and and lover of few or only you. Brienne, from writting front, is more of late character select option. They do not have same looks, talk options, sexual views or even character sets. Their characters arcs seem to be going in different direction. And will have different content locked behind them.

Berwyn, in contrast is planned to still be him, now also her. This cheeky little introverted brat/good boy/girl with high libido who only really talks to you when it comes down to it. Because he is developing his feelings to the champion.

The biggest change funilly enough, is not him gaining a pussy. That is basically you being locked out of certain sexual option.

It is him/her gaining a sub/dom (maybe a equal lovers) route. Like, if all goes well, dominant female Berwyn would still act high and mighty. She would be using your face as her personal seat while she was practicing/reading. She would be holding the leash while you plowed her from behind. And from other angle, male Berwyn would be taking the dick like Ryn does. Or you would be one holding the leash while he is one plowing couple of pups inside of his mommy.

Like, as B said, he does not want to make Berwyn into this blank slate of a character for PC to mold. Even when he is subbing for you, s/he would still have their quirks. Those quirks comming from same place no matter the gender.

As I said, I know that there is a fear of Berwyn being just another character of many. That him gaining a genderbend option is a character assasination (since that is usually what it is). But, B, from everything what I read and from what he is planning, Berwyn will still be Berwyn. No matter what s/he is packing and how they are using it.

Now, I am not saying this to shut down people that have problem with it. For whatever reason. Yes, it does feel iffy that a character is being changed seemingly to please wider audience. I am just putting my thought on this whole ordeal and hopping that this turns out well. And that people that like Berwyn as he is will still like some part of upcoming content.

Emily Smith

Apr 20, 2021
Yes but at the end of the day unless the character belongs to you, the writer has the right to change whatever they like. If Berry is anything like Brint you might get to decide the gender.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
Yes but at the end of the day unless the character belongs to you, the writer has the right to change whatever they like. If Berry is anything like Brint you might get to decide the gender.
I mean yeah, that is in agreement. What ever you write/submit is in Savins ball park to do with however he sees fit. For whatever reason Hugs is no longer with us, his characters (in game) are now someone elses projects.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
But what about people that initially got attracted to Berwyn for what he already is and do not like his new direction or are indifferent to it?
You do realize that changing Berwyn's body/personality is presented as something you have the option to do, right? It's not going to be forced upon you. It's mentioned right there at the start of the publicly available doc. You seem to have a very bad problem when it comes to assuming the intent of a writer due to not actually reading what they say in detail.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
You do realize that changing Berwyn's body/personality is presented as something you have the option to do, right? It's not going to be forced upon you. It's mentioned right there at the start of the publicly available doc. You seem to have a very bad problem when it comes to assuming the intent of a writer due to not actually reading what they say in detail.
Yes, I have written my comment with that knowledge in mind . I know it is optional. I never said it was not. I assumed everyone else is about up to date with information. So I did not feel the need to put "this upcoming expansion gives you an option to change him..." in my response.

Last edited:

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
But I will say this: the last time I interacted with Hugs, he gave me this direct quote:

Emphasis mine.

Combined, this means, according to Hugs, Berwyn shouldn't mind being feminized provided he's emotionally attached to Champ. Which he already was prior to my expansion.
Honestly, that does assuage my concerns. Since I was worried about it going against the original vision of Hugs for Berwyn, but what you seem to be planning does fit in line with some of what was said there. I don't know if Hugs would have actually done these things, but their vision accommodates for your plans, so, unless the changes are too extreme (and if there are extreme things, it's through manipulation/ill intent in-story), I think I'll be fine with this.

R

RandoDando

Welp, felt like tossing my opinion on to this. At the end of the day, I consider this game to be mostly about it's sexual content. I'm bisexual, with a leaning towards feminine men and men in general. Berwyn is probably my favorite companion. I'm sure B will write Berwyn well, and pretty much everything B has written before I've enjoyed.

I'm just kinda sad to hear that my specific inclination is potentially going to be pushed aside to appeal to a majority, and I'm worried about how many scenes there will be with current(or the slight variations, where he is still within feminine guy territory) Berwyn compared to Berwyn as a woman, which from what I can tell so far is up in the air (or at least I didn't find anything in it on the google doc). Its not like I'm not happy to have more Berwyn content (and I will be checking out feminized Berwyn, don't get me wrong) its just kinda sad that that the one companion that really filled in this specific niche I enjoyed is having their content focus shift to have wider appeal, especially considering we already have companions that fit a lot of those wider appeals. I dunno. I guess its just really starting to feel like a losing game to be into guys and play CoC2. There's only 3 guy companions(to my memory), and now two of those are going to have their content branch away from being a guy.

In the end, I just hope femboy Berwyn is still where the majority of Berwyn's content is.

Also sorry if this is necroposting, I don't know how active this forum is or when the cut off day for necro'ing is and this was still the top thread in Q&A when I checked.

Status
Not open for further replies.