Fungus Temple 'Inhabitants' *Spoilers Obviously*

SomeNobody

Dec 18, 2020
In what manner have people decided to deal with them? I'm conflicted.

Being ridiculously infected they can both be 'mercy killed', but the option is also prominently there to leave one of them alone/send the other to the Wayfort.
Is this like the Behemoth at the Centaur village that if you don't kill it will just be left sitting there and the only option is to bring it home to corrupt your fort, or will it be possible to actually save these things?

As an aside you can tell when Tobs is writing a scenario even without the name on the side, because it will often be ridiculously more edgy than the rest of the game. Cancerous fungal tumours all up in this bitch.

Melancholy Man

Mar 23, 2023
Greenhills
In what manner have people decided to deal with them? I'm conflicted.

Being ridiculously infected they can both be 'mercy killed', but the option is also prominently there to leave one of them alone/send the other to the Wayfort.
Is this like the Behemoth at the Centaur village that if you don't kill it will just be left sitting there and the only option is to bring it home to corrupt your fort, or will it be possible to actually save these things?

As an aside you can tell when Tobs is writing a scenario even without the name on the side, because it will often be ridiculously more edgy than the rest of the game. Cancerous fungal tumours all up in this bitch.
A Tobs tag should definitely be a thing. But that's the joy of reading Tobs content; either writes Gold, or you're left feeling conflicted about whether it's trash or its intended purpose was to piss you off.
I like this one tho

Primename

Dec 5, 2015
Putting my thoughts into spoilers.

I think the Amalgam has a better chance of betting healed over time than something like the Behemoth. They seem happy to be alive and actively looking forward to the day they're cured, which makes me content with my choice. I also liked their mini-quest of getting them new clothes to wear.

I was going to kill the Wyldtree but Azzy made a pretty good case for leaving her to the Valkryies and, given the way it was written, was pretty much the same as killing her.

The one that had me the most conflicted was the poor Dryad. She didn't seem to be beyond saving, but given that she wasn't mentioned in the wrap-up, I don't think we'll be seeing her anytime soon, regardless of choice. But I did end up sparing her.

Great dungeon, overall.

Necros

Nov 23, 2020
I wish we could just dig up Wild tree(i don't care it's giant) and relocate to Wayfort. Give Alraune a roomie/friend/someone to bully!

Reactions: Yokohama

Melancholy Man

Mar 23, 2023
Greenhills
So I'm completely finished with the mission, am I the only one that thought it wasn't "edgy" enough?
Like for every choice, there's a cop-out. The only one I think doesn't get a cop-out is Dryad because she doesn't get mentioned in the debriefing with the Valk, so I assume they couldn't help her and Mercy killed her since they don't like to give gore details. (sighted by her not wanting to give the details on disposing of the Wyld tree if you killed her). She's probably the only one that really should've had a bittersweet out to be honest like if you had sex with her, one could say that the corruption kicked fecundity into overdrive so she bears a seed, so even if you leave her you could plant it in the forest, in your fort, or give it to the Dryad trio.
The eldritch abomination was given the "maybe we can help" (but that'll never happen baby girl doesn't even get portrait), so why not tell her "We can't change you back but maybe we can help get used to this new experience, come to my Fort, etcetera," so its a lot more drama between them and the party. No one wants to kill someone when there is a slight possibility of helping unless the victim has shown themselves to be a piece of shit.
Wyld Tree gets thoroughly absolved of her actions mid-conversation not cool, I burned her to the ground regardless. Traitors and turncoats get the axe but I do like that there are reasons on both sides of the argument for her to be spared/killed. So this was really well-done moral question out of the three.

Ireyon

May 14, 2018
Wyld Tree gets thoroughly absolved of her actions mid-conversation not cool, I burned her to the ground regardless.
Uhhhh... I'm not sure how you think the tree gets absolved? As the dryad, the archdruid and the amalgam demostrates it is in fact possible to suffer from the infection and still make the correct moral choice. The archdruid might've been a blustering buffoon when alive but his last act was to sink the temple into the earth to protect everyone else and when you meet him (and before his utter hatred for everything Lumian manifests) his first thought is to warn you away so you don't get infected.

The tree, on the other hand, grew to enjoy being a monster and actively betrayed her servants. I didn't kill her purely because a) the druids might have some beef with her that needs to be resolved and b) I suspected that the tree's corruption might have something to do with the last pure tree's decline.

I really loved this dungeon and the associated quest with its lore. Great job all around!

There are only two things I'm on the fence about:

A) If the holy trees are so important that the druidic faith will die without them why not use the one remaining tree to generate seeds and plant new ones? Yes, the trees will likely need centuries to grow and the recovery of the druid circle will be slow as shit but I really hate this trope in writing where people just accept their own extinction when it is entirely avoidable.

B) Is the mention of the other temples a plot hook to continue the storyline or not? It's a bit weird the way it's written. I know the fungual dungeon was on the fence for a while, it was planned at first (which is why the original plot hook about the infection was in Etheryn/Hethia's talk long before the quest was written), then put on the backburner and now finally written... I'd just like to know if I'm overanalyzing this or not.

Last edited:

Melancholy Man

Mar 23, 2023
Greenhills
B) Is the mention of the other temples a plot hook to continue the storyline or not? It's a bit weird the way it's written. I know the fungual dungeon was on the fence for a while, it was planned at first (which is why the original plot hook about the infection was in Etheryn/Hethia's talk long before the quest was written), then put on the backburner and now finally written... I'd just like to know if I'm overanalyzing this or not.
Interesting, Did not know that but I'm relatively fresh here.
Read the passages when you meet her, describes how she can't help herself or that wraith aren't evil just amoral with wanting to eat and share pleasure (personally if you're trying to eat or rape me, I'm killing you I don't care about the morals of the situation). There's a lot of blink-and-you-miss-it moments but they are there.

Gabranth

Apr 26, 2023
Spared the Dryad, and the 3 girls.

Killed the Wyld tree.

Here's hoping that we can purify them.

Cool dungeon, all in all.
Several violations to the Geneva Convention

= )

Sep 1, 2019
Fucked all 3 and wanted to take em all back to fort to serve me.