Frostwyrm name reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overlord_Trazyn

Feb 6, 2024
I named my frostwyrm 'Khione', checked back with her yesterday and the name was gone and she is now called 'Frostwyrm' again.

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
How old was your save file? I think at some point during dev, there was an issue with the naming for the frostwyrm, so a version upgrader was put in place that also reset the name. This was months, maybe a year or so, ago though, so I don't think it is a recent problem. If not, then I will try to look further into it.

There is also a condition were the name will always display as "Frostwyrm" if the frostwyrm ever becomes hostile or not non-hostile enough (though if you've gotten to the part where you are able to name her, then that should be non-hostile enough).

Overlord_Trazyn

Feb 6, 2024
How old was your save file? I think at some point during dev, there was an issue with the naming for the frostwyrm, so a version upgrader was put in place that also reset the name. This was months, maybe a year or so, ago though, so I don't think it is a recent problem. If not, then I will try to look further into it.

There is also a condition were the name will always display as "Frostwyrm" if the frostwyrm ever becomes hostile or not non-hostile enough (though if you've gotten to the part where you are able to name her, then that should be non-hostile enough).
I cant say how old it is exactly, i know i restarted from the beginning shortly before turrets where introduced

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
Thanks.

I'll need a save file with the specific conditions to test with, but I've added a button to rename the potentially affected characters (Frostwyrm and Flurry) that should appear in their respective Talk menus, but only if the initial naming wasn't carried over (meaning they were flagged as named, but their names didn't actually carry over after the game was loaded). So this should hopefully fix it for those who cannot access the console for the workaround.

Status
Not open for further replies.